New Kitten Help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_7063.JPG Any ideas why nick seems to have very little fur on his belly? They are all blissfully flea frea thanks to one drop of cheristin rubbed on the back of their neck (our vet told us we could do it but officially cheristin is only for bigger cats.) They had lots of big fat fleas that are now dead!:redtongue: The second pic was just cute.
IMG_7059.JPG

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Super cute! I would recommend that you hold off on taking them outside until they are fully vaccinated though.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The two brothers are closely bonded. The problem is the runt Nick (black) looks like he is 2 weeks younger. So when they play fight Sunny (white/cream) really beats him up. Should I intercede? When?

Sunny clamps down on his paw or just gets really rough. Or grabs his tail and won't let go. I give Nick time away from him but keep letting them be together when Nick wants (most of the time.) Camilla the last kitten tends to keep her distance from the boys, however she is eveannly matched against Sunny. Has much as I want to over protect the baby I don't want to take away his confidience. He seems to be getting braver and has his tail up more. When the big one gets to rough I usually try to distract them first. Then if that fails pulling one of the boys out for 10 minutes or so.

The size difference:
IMG_7231.JPG

(Yes they will be inside until vaccinated.)

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny the biggest kitten thew up every where this evening. I'm not sure if he over ate, the brand of canned kitten food was to rich for him or if it is worms. Otherwise they all appear healthy. Just in case though he is on formula only for 24 hours. If he vomit s again I will take him to the vet. When they all go in for their vaccines in ?4 weeks? They will be de-worm ed ... they were to little for it when we took them in.

So any ideas? Tips? Reason he vomited? I let them eat straight wet food without formula at noon but I doubt that would make him vomit 9 hours later.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention it but his formula is a little watered down. An extra third water in case it needs to be hydrated. If he is fine for 24 hours I will give him kitten gruel. Since he is currently stalking my phone it is safe to say he has plenty of energy.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I think they are adorable.

Sunny' s tummy is fine. I have been making sure they don't over eat. They are on stage 2 of formula. They all nurse on the bottle for comfort. Plus they nurse on their blanket.

Any recommendations on what brand of kitten wet food? I'm ordering some off chewy soon.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New weights:
Sunny (white) 1 pound 14.5 oz
Camilla (grey) 1 pound 12 oz
Nick (black) 1 pound 8 oz

(Assuming my roommate's scale is accurate.)

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any ideas on how to get them to quit getting poop all over each other as they use the litter box together? They are not fond of the extra bath. I'm now getting 6 hours of sleep a night.
Halloween growth pics to follow.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Beautiful photos! I love the one of Camilla chewing on the pumpkin stem.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK sadly they are approaching adoption age. They use their litter box, eat wet food, nibble on dry ... they still drink their formula out of a small bowl or a bottle once a day. They nurse off the blanket and each other. On the 15th they get vaccinated. I would love to keep them until they are 12 weeks old but finding them a home is most important. (They cheap spay/neuter place says they need to be 4 months old but we will ask the vet.) Their kitten cuteness that gets them adopted has an experiation day unforgently.

So how do I find my babies a good home? I'm thinking about creating fliers with pictures to try to spread the word around everyone we know. Should I mention that Sunny the part siamese is a handful and will needs tons of play? Where can I find a harness for ittybitty kittens? When should I harness train them? How can I get the boys who are a bonded pair adopted out together?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's most important that you set them up for the best life possible. They will still be adorable kittens in a month. It would be best if you kept them together until 10-12 weeks, until they are fully weaned, and until they have been fixed.

You could try leaving fliers at your vet's office. You can feel out the different home options and talk about Sunny's needs then. I would not let Sunny go to a home where she will be an only cat.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He but ok ... nephew named him sunshine. Ok we will work hard to try to adopt them out as a bonded pair. I see so much of my hyper punk in Sunny that I really want to set him up for a forever home.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update:
2 foster "fails" Nick & Camailla are staying. Sunny my promblem child found a home to try out for 2 weeks to see how he gets along with the resident 1 year old Siamese cat.

Next month the two remaining kittens will probably be fixed or the month after (life stuff.) all 3 kittens high ten for treats, come when called, love to play and even have adjusted to the little kids. They are still learning to stay off the counters, but patience.

All 3 made it, thank you all. Cute pictures of them from the last couple of days.
Camilla
IMG_7492.JPG
Nick

IMG_7468.JPG
Sunny

IMG_7467.JPG
My two Siamese mix punks hanging out:
IMG_7486.JPG

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful babies, and beautiful heart you got there. Thank you for not giving up on these babies, especially on Nick.

I am extremely happy that Nick and Camailla are both staying with you. And I also pray that everything also works out for your boy Sunny, although I am a bit saddened he could not stay with you. I am sure you have their best interests at heart.

It has been a long road, huh. You did it! They all made it! Yay!