New kitten arriving and want to start feeding her raw right away

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harrylime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that info. So you add extra ground turkey straight, with no extra Alnutrin? 

Can I use this same formula (10lbs ground + 1lb heart/liver/gizzard) for ANY protein?

Right now I'm using chicken and I can tell she doesn't LOVE it. She always eats it, but she doesn't fly to the kitchen like she does when I shake a bag of her treats.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Thanks for that info. So you add extra ground turkey straight, with no extra Alnutrin? 

Can I use this same formula (10lbs ground + 1lb heart/liver/gizzard) for ANY protein?

Right now I'm using chicken and I can tell she doesn't LOVE it. She always eats it, but she doesn't fly to the kitchen like she does when I shake a bag of her treats.
Yes, when I add in just an ounce of ground turkey, I do not add in any additional Alnutrin, because I just do that once in awhile, not for every meal. 

Yes, you could add in extra organ mix for any type of protein, but only fowl are particularly bone heavy, IMHO. 

harrylime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone actually measured the ratio of bone to meat in any of the hare-today mixes? How does one even measure this?

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Has anyone actually measured the ratio of bone to meat in any of the hare-today mixes? How does one even measure this?
I just email Tracy and ask her what the ratio is in a particular mix.  Otherwise, I have no idea how one would know

harrylime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I just email Tracy and ask her what the ratio is in a particular mix.  Otherwise, I have no idea how one would know
Did you ever hear back about this?

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Did you ever hear back about this?
When i typed this, I was simply stating that if you wanted to know, you should just email her.  I asked her eons ago about the ground turkey mix, and she told me what it was, but I stopped feeding it a long time ago, so don't still have the information.  I think it was something like 18 - 20 % bone, which I felt was way too high.  Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.