New Here, And Hopefully Becoming A Cat Mom Soon!

chloebelle

Geneva's Mama & Daughter of the OG Cat Lady!
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My name is Chloe and I've just joined because I'm planning on adopting a kitten in the next few days. I've been scouring Petfinder for months and finally found the right one (I think). I'm meeting her today and I'm soooo excited! If all goes well my hope is to take her home on Monday. I've always had cats that were family pets growing up, but I'm in college and recently moved out on my own so this will be my first time having my OWN animal of any kind. I'll be sure to update everyone and share lots of pictures!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Congratulations on your (soon to be) new kitty! I hope the meet-and-greet goes well, and I look forward to seeing pictures. Have you picked out a name yet?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome Chloe! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just the right kitty for you and that we will be meeting her very soon! Congratulations on bringing another cat into your life!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
C2232479-C628-452B-85DF-0AA5E5F7D006.gif
Chloe, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
43AEEE72-5D31-480C-B9A3-A7A5A7542A6E.gif
to you.

Glad that you’ve joined the site and feel free to ask any questions and post them under the appropriate forum headings before your new kitty arrives to help you prepare better on taking care of her. Also do check out the many informative articles we have here Articles | The Cat Site

And yes, do post photos of her when she has settled in.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chloebelle

Geneva's Mama & Daughter of the OG Cat Lady!
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I went to meet up with her today and unfortunately there was some kind of miscommunication with the Humane Society and someone else was already going through the adoption process with her. They told me to fill out the paperwork just in case and that I'd be next in line, but it was pretty discouraging especially because we connected when I met her and she was exactly what I was looking for. Welp, back to square one.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Awww.........maybe there’s another one just as lovely and as connected with you. Hope you’ll find each other the next time round.

All the best! :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Sorry it didn't work out with that particular kitten, but with your desire to be a cat mom, I'm sure you'll find another kitten to love. :catrub: Good luck. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi everyone! I went to meet up with her today and unfortunately there was some kind of miscommunication with the Humane Society and someone else was already going through the adoption process with her. They told me to fill out the paperwork just in case and that I'd be next in line, but it was pretty discouraging especially because we connected when I met her and she was exactly what I was looking for. Welp, back to square one.
There are so many out there who need loving, caring homes and families like yours! I'm sure another will tug your heartstrings soon!