New Foster

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey guys!

So I used to foster cats a long time ago, and I stopped because it was becoming financially demanding.

WELL there's this black stray kitten (almost a cat now) that's in the neighborhood that I've been trying to befriend.

Today she finally let me pick her up. I wasted NO TIME getting her inside, immediately.

She's semi-friendly so while she's not too happy about being inside, she's not hiding and running from me. I currently have her up on the cat tree in one of the little cubicles with some food in it. She won't stop growling, lol

My other cats are super curious, of course. Fuzzybutt is like "ooooh!!! a new friend!!!!"

I have plans to deworm her, get her spayed, get her on flea control, and try to rehome her. I'll post pics later when she's calmed down a bit.

Well, wish me luck!!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
That's wonderful! I keep hoping a kitten will show up on our doorstep for Miss Honeybee as winters coming and she gets bored and chases my elderly Pumps which starts hissing and growling-so we need a youngster to come start trouble with Bee kitty!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I remember you well! Thanks for rescuing this kitten. I'm sure everyone will adjust to the newcomer. Keep us posted and we'd love to see a picture! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful! I keep hoping a kitten will show up on our doorstep for Miss Honeybee as winters coming and she gets bored and chases my elderly Pumps which starts hissing and growling-so we need a youngster to come start trouble with Bee kitty!
awww! if you lived nearby i would definitely say you could have this kitty. :)
i hope you find one!

I remember you well! Thanks for rescuing this kitten. I'm sure everyone will adjust to the newcomer. Keep us posted and we'd love to see a picture! :)
hey! :D i remember you too! how are you doing? it's been a while, lol.
i'll post pics soon! she's hiding now in the bottom part of the tree. i gave everyone a bit of catnip and we all calmed down lol!

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
hmckinney hmckinney - sounds like you're far from a cat newby - - but you are keeping the new little guy totally separate from your current guys until the new one can be tested aren't you? You didn't mention that - - but sounds like you've been doing this for some time, so guessing you've already done that. Good luck with the new kitten! Always nice to hear HAPPY feral kitty stories!!!!! Post pics!

And foxxycat foxxycat - we have two ex-feral kittens that are now very socialized foster kittens ---can I come drop them at your doorstep, ring the doorbell and run? :lol: (they're torties - not a single inquiry from anyone about adopting them --- everyone keeps saying "if they weren't torties...they're just so unattractive"...sadness)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmckinney hmckinney - SNIP.

And foxxycat foxxycat - we have two ex-feral kittens that are now very socialized foster kittens ---can I come drop them at your doorstep, ring the doorbell and run? :lol: (they're torties - not a single inquiry from anyone about adopting them --- everyone keeps saying "if they weren't torties...they're just so unattractive"...sadness)
Yes that's how it's got to be done-Honey says no more cats-but if one cruises by and sticks around-he will let it in. LOL. I always seemed to adopt calicos/torties and tiger cats...I love calico/torties. They have so many different colors. I am looking for a playmate for Honeybee who won't mind sunning themselves in our backyard and horse around with her to keep her from roaming-she plays with other cats or rather chases the neighbors cats 2 houses down..figured if we can find an indoor/outdoor even tempered cat she could be friends with...and leave pumpkin face alone..lol. Poor Pumps in the wintertime gets chased from Honeybee....

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
S Summercats ---it is sad. And one of the torties (Maddie) is a super sweetheart with us - a complete "velcro kitten" that never stops purring, but strangers really still make her very nervous, so she won't do well at all if we can't get her a home before she has to go back to the shelter. Her sister is better with others, but still no inquiries into her either. I think torties are gorgeous - but appears I'm one of the few. :(

foxxycat foxxycat - here are pics of what will be on your doorstep tonight ;) Lexi is top one, Maddie is below.

And hmckinney hmckinney - - promise no more hijacking of this thread with non-your kitty pictures!!! :)

LEXI_Blanket_Sleepy.jpg

Maddie 9_2017 lighter.jpg

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat (I swear this is my last post on this thread about our fosters!) - - I think they're gorgeous, but so many people don't like torties (most shelters have almost as much trouble adopting them out as black cats). These two are delightful - but they're almost 6 months now - so no longer do they have the "awwwww...tiny kittens!" thing going for them :( And we can't let them have the run of our entire house bc 2 of our "permanent residents" are quite a bit older and despite loving foster kittens in the past (even helping to raise some!) our 2 oldest guys just don't want them around and are really terrorized by them (the kittens are simply playing). We've fostered many, many cats/kittens - - and socialized many feral kittens - - and these are the first I've really worried are going to sit in a cage forever at the shelter. Our hearts are just broken. I'm working today on figuring out how to make some videos I took into file sizes small enough to email - - and to post - - in hopes that gets someone interested. Even the people in our neighborhood who had the pregnant mom dumped into their yard (when we almost hit these babies in the street, that's when we took them in to foster) they too were spreading the word these girls needed homes - - - not one single person has been interested. My husband and I have never had this happen. We're heartbroken :( We're so worried Maddie's going to grow up at the shelter - - huddled as far away from most people as possible. I SO desperately want to keep her - - but (and many of us know this feeling!!!) my husband has just had to "put his foot down" (that makes him sound nasty or uncaring - he's not in the slightest - - but I know one of has to be strong or we'll have 60 of them and end up on the evening news :)

So foxxycat foxxycat ----say a little prayer (or whatever you do) for these little girls - -- they need every bit of help from the universe they can get!

Attachments

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think six months old is perfect. I never cared to own kittens-so much work! at 6 months old-its like having teenagers=they can potty, eat and play without too much interference. I wish you were closer because that sounds like the perfect age. There's a lady in Illinois who wants me to take her calico kitten who is 3 months old right now but we just can't seem to make it work. I keep saying I will roam around at night to check out the feral kitties in my area but I fell asleep last night at 8pm. There's a few ladies who trap and hoping they would let me adopt one of the older young cats. I think with enough time and patience they will come around.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know that people thought Torties were ugly. I think they are beautiful with all their colors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ahaha no you guys are fine! feel free to chat it up about your cute fosters! :)

the little girl has already found a new home! i posted on fb about catching her and one of my friends wanted her. they renamed her sabrina and i believe she's going to quite like it. :)

also i didn't know people thought torties were ugly either! they're so cute, sob.