New Cat

Samkat923

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been a while since I last was here, a lot has happened. My male cat (Yogi) with the urinary blockage, then surgery, then skin problems after surgery. I had to take him to the emergency vet because he was blocked again. The vet examined him and determined that he had some sort of birth defect with his urinary tract which couldn't be fixed. He said he could do surgery again (temporary fix) but most likely in a few months, he would have the same problem again and again. I made the very very difficult decision to have him put to sleep. I absolutely did not want him to suffer any more. Now I have his ashes in a very special place, so he is always with me.

I still have Boo Boo, who I adopted at the same time as Yogi (not siblings), she has looked for him every day, but I think she is adjusting. I think I am ready for another cat. Question here is, Boo is 5 years old, should I get a kitten or full grown cat, male or female? I'm not sure what would be easier for her to accept. She is fixed and whatever I get will be fixed also.

On another note, does anyone have any idea where I can buy replacement sisal wrapped posts for a cat tree? They have a huge tree which is in excellent condition, the posts, not so much.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss.

If you have a heavy duty stapler you can buy replacement sisal itself at your home improvement or craft stores or at amazon. you can choose how thick you want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Samkat923

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried that this weekend with glue gun and stapler. I now have 3 burned fingers after 1 post, I have 9 more to go. I was looking for an easy way out. LOL