New Cat Owner

Husky44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well not really, seems you can't own a cat. We're in our 60's. retired and life long dog owners until our once in a lifetime dog passed 5-years ago.
We started feeding a feral-abandoned female cat over two-years ago, she was young, skinny and starving. Over the course of two-years she has gone from a running away at our sight to a spoiled 90% house cat. She'll spend a couple hours outside if the temps are above 60 and the weather perfect.
She's still scared of everyone but the wife and I, but has learned it's a pretty good life living with us. Anyway there's a wealth of information here that
has helped us with the transformation from dogs to cats. Take care

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. :hithere:

I’m so sorry to hear about the passing of your dog. :hugs:

Thank you so much for helping this kitty out. You have given her a second chance and that is so wonderful.

I hope to see you around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Husky44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The last lab we had was special, always thought the idea of a once in a lifetime dog was a opinion, but it's not.
This cat now runs the house and is quite a departure form canine behavior, but we're enjoying having her around.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:hellosmiley: H Husky44 , belated
IMG_3115.GIF
to TCS!

So glad that you've found your way around the site and and thank you for taking in this kitty and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life. And we are so
IMG_3272.GIF
on the passing of your beloved dog :alright:

Enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! To you, your cat, and to your dog, who joins us in spirit! They never really leave us, you know. But...what is this cat's name? And do feel free to post LOTS of photos of her...and of your precious lab, if you are so inclined!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your cat Kittles, or "Exploiter". :)
We are happy to have you here. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Husky44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She went to the vet today for her second time for the vaccine boosters and all the blood labs, not very happy with us.
I wouldn't be surprised if she tortures us for a few days as payback..lol