New cat owner of kitten(stray) and her quarks

cswatrous

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My wife's brother found a cat, we took it thinking it to be a barn cat (without seeing it first) I seen it and thought it was way to young/skinny to be a "barn cat" so I brought it inside. She does and has some quarks that I think are cute, just wanted some opinions.

When i pick her up she loves being on her back and letting me rub her belly and everything, non stop purring closes her eyes and seems to love it.

I turned the air on in the house for the first time since we had her and she seems to like to lay right in front of a register laying down with her tail wrapped around herself perfectly content.

Follows me constantly meowing and making many different pitches and length of meowing, or when I lay on couch she's sit on ground look at me and meow, some times jumps up.

Also whenever I'm watching tv she likes to sit in front of it, ears perked looking at it with tail straight out behind her (pretty cute)

I got her a scratch post to help her not scracth furniture (hasn't happened yet). Anytime she uses it to scracth I praise her and pet her and say good girl hoping to encourage her to do it more.

I just assume from being a stray and less than a year she's just loving the affection and loves being around me

Her name is Kona too

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for rescuing her and loving and taking such good care of you.  She has definitely found her forever home with you and makes it known how much she loves you.