New cat hiding

nujay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Well, I have a new cat. Atticus Henry VonFinch. He is 9 months old and neutered. My issue is, my two existing cats Bellabear and Molly Joan. Molly Joan who is 8 months is totally fine with him but Bellabear who is about a year and a half hates him and everything about him...including me when she smells him on me. She growls and hisses whenever anyone, including Molly goes by her if they have been around him. I know it takes a bit for a cat to adjust to a new housemate but I feel sorry for her and for Atticus because he is scared of her. He is twice bellabears size but he will start breathing all weird and run under the couch if she hisses at him. I'm worried that he won't be able to get out enough to use his litterbox. He had been eating just fine. He is a very good motivated cat lol how long should it take for things to calm down? I've never had a cat who reacted like Bellabear to a newcomer. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nujay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did try the intro thing...although I do admit I probably rushed it because Atticus sounded so sad locked up in a room by himself. Things are a bit better tonight with Atticus running around like he owns the place and Bellabear observing him from afar.