New Cat Bullying With Complicating Factors...

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is acting totally normal other than not leaving the room. Eating, drinking, sleeping, using the litter box! I have tried putting the cats in another room but he will not be convinced at present! Thank you for your opinion, I am probably being a worried parent but I don't want him to feel pushed out of his own home!

Don't ask me how I am getting two females that didn't know each other to get along in a month's time. I did everything wrong. There have been fights, accidents, and a bloody nose.
I have to treat the white one who is the over owner like a child. She goes to time out when she attacks the black one who is coming out of the litter box for example.
I have to separate them when they are not being directly observed by myself. I have only had one cat before. I have been on here crying about how do I introduce cats a lot. Don't give up.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
20181119_125639.jpg

Sully being annoyed by kittens, Amber is keeping watch

Stripey kitten is the one I'm keeping, her name is Piccolo (aka Pickles, aka Baby Pickies lol)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone EVER who attacks anyone entering or leaving the litter box absolutely goes to time out!

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So....I don't want to speak too soon, but Jade was fixed on Wednesday, and after a couple of pathetic days from her (:() I saw this today!!!!! I'm so excited and hopeful right now! She jumped up in the bed where Sully was, went up to him and sniffed his nose, he looked a little apprehensive but no hissing, growling batting, and she just went and got settled! Holy crap there may yet be hope!! Lol

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's a GREAT update! Fingers crossed it keeps up. :crossfingers:

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So update: the success with Jade being fixed was short lived. As soon as she felt better, she went back to her b****y ways. She bops Sully on the head when she gets the chance. They bat at each other when in proximity (I've seen him do it first, but I really think she is the overall instigator). I can't help but feel like if he would just stand up for himself a bit, she would leave him be. But who knows. As I sit here typing this, I have pulled him out of the bedroom and into the living room, and he's sitting between my legs and won't move. I'm so frustrated with this whole situation. The bedroom he has been staying in smells like cat pee (which is also my roommate's room, so this is no good for multiple reasons), not because he just pees outside the litter box, but because he has a tendency to hang over the edge. The room is also carpeted, and I feel like carpet just absorbs the whole litterbox odor. I've cleaned, scrubbed, deodorize, changed the litter type, scooping every day religiously, it still smells. I'm really at the point where I just want him out of the room and let everybody fend for themselves till they work whatever this is out of their systems. It's been months with no real progress to speak of. I miss him being around, he literally lives in a room. I have tried pleading, treats, calling and calling him, etc. I'm out of ideas and patience too. He can't be in my bedroom for allergy reasons, plus it's carpeted and I don't really want him there either. The only other room with a door that shuts is the bathroom and it's not large. Since I've sat here writing this, both Amber and Jade have approached Sully and hissed and batted at him (he of course is doing the same back). I don't want to rehome anyone. Can't we all just get along?????? Should I leave him out?? I love my scaredy cat and my sassy cat too but they are all driving me crazy right now. I'm attaching pictures of what's going on real time here. SO. FRUSTRATED.
20181229_231451.jpg
20181229_232723.jpg
20181229_232920.jpg

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
P.S. the door to the bedroom is open intermittently, so they are used to each other, still hasn't helped anything.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is it just hissing and swatting? Is it possible they're playing?

Not sure if you've seen this newer TCS article, but it includes videos that compare actual fighting to playing. Are My Cats Fighting Or Playing?

Also, about Sully hanging over the edge of the litter box when he pees, have you tried getting a higher sided litter box? Also, maybe put puppy pads around the litter box to protect the carpet.

And to clean the carpet, ensure you use an enzyme cleaner.
How To Get Cat Urine Smell Out Of Carpet: Effective, Non-toxic Solutions

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since he hangs over the edge of the box, if you might consider getting those rubber mats you put in the bottom of the tub to keep from slipping. They come in various sizes, get the biggest one and put it under the box so that there are a couple of inches of it around the outside of the box. Put the pee pads on that. It will keep the pee out of the carpet.

Clean the carpet with baking soda or an enzyme cleaner. Move the box, rub the cleaner into the area. If you use baking soda rub it into the area and let it sit for several hours, then vacuum up the baking soda.

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time with your "kids."
I, too, just went through absolute insanity over the past 5 weeks, and I finally had to take the new addition back to the shelter to save our sanities. Given that, I have no tips on fixing the issues between the cats.

What I can offer is the name of a product that has helped me immensely over the last few years. I had a high-peeing male kitty who also, years ago, liked to make a point of not liking the litter box location. Of course, it took me a while to figure out why he was peeing and marking in my bed and in my exercise room, so when I finally put the pieces together, the exercise room stunk to high heaven! I tried product after recommended product, and the only thing that saved that room, and has consistently worked since, was SCOE 10x. It's a product that can only be bought on their website, and some people think it's "pricey." I don't know about that, really. They have a money back guarantee, but it's always worked for me, so it was worth the price.

It's a natural product (you can read the ins and outs on their site), so you can use it on everything from pet urine and other odors, to spraying it directly on yourself or pets, you can use it on furniture, etc. I've never had a reason to spray it on myself or my pets (think skunk spraying or something like that), but I have used it on carpet and walls as well as furniture. It's an absolute miracle that I found purely by chance.

I wish you luck in fixing your current situation. I know how frustrating it can be.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So update: the success with Jade being fixed was short lived. As soon as she felt better, she went back to her b****y ways. She bops Sully on the head when she gets the chance. They bat at each other when in proximity (I've seen him do it first, but I really think she is the overall instigator). I can't help but feel like if he would just stand up for himself a bit, she would leave him be. But who knows. As I sit here typing this, I have pulled him out of the bedroom and into the living room, and he's sitting between my legs and won't move. I'm so frustrated with this whole situation. The bedroom he has been staying in smells like cat pee (which is also my roommate's room, so this is no good for multiple reasons), not because he just pees outside the litter box, but because he has a tendency to hang over the edge. The room is also carpeted, and I feel like carpet just absorbs the whole litterbox odor. I've cleaned, scrubbed, deodorize, changed the litter type, scooping every day religiously, it still smells. I'm really at the point where I just want him out of the room and let everybody fend for themselves till they work whatever this is out of their systems. It's been months with no real progress to speak of. I miss him being around, he literally lives in a room. I have tried pleading, treats, calling and calling him, etc. I'm out of ideas and patience too. He can't be in my bedroom for allergy reasons, plus it's carpeted and I don't really want him there either. The only other room with a door that shuts is the bathroom and it's not large. Since I've sat here writing this, both Amber and Jade have approached Sully and hissed and batted at him (he of course is doing the same back). I don't want to rehome anyone. Can't we all just get along?????? Should I leave him out?? I love my scaredy cat and my sassy cat too but they are all driving me crazy right now. I'm attaching pictures of what's going on real time here. SO. FRUSTRATED. View attachment 268781 View attachment 268782 View attachment 268783
I have been where you are. I know it's hard to be separated from your cat. I was told to have a cat in each bedroom. Alternate your sleeping arrangements to be with each cat.
Since this is not an option due to allergies, follow your gut. There are oils for cat behaviors. For more tips go to Why Does Your Cat Pee Out of the Litter Box?
and buy oils from jacksongalaxy.com to promote peace in your cat kingdom.
Before you re home anyone, do your best. Spend the money and time. Effort is what it takes to get a happy home.
A bigger litter box, place litter box where you spend your time, add a litter box for each cat + one. These are all rule of thumb for common sense solutions I am throwing out there. Nature's Mircle for urine pet smell/stains is good! Take a walk get out of the house, your frustration amps up the cats. Do you feel the cat is safe if left with the other cats unsupervised? If not follow your gut. Feliway infusers. Rescue Remedy. Carpet steamer-professional. I got a letterbox cabinet for my scared kitty who was attacked for doing her business. DIY Litter Box Cabinet - Buildipedia
Stay in touch.