New Cat Becoming Agressive Like Old Cat, Please Help.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is going to be a little long, but plesse read it all before replying and please understand that i tried everything with my other kitty and i was devastated to lose him.

About 11 year ago i found a stray cat. He was young, about a year or two. He was so sweet, and calm, even rode loose in the car the day i found him-i was afraid hed panic, but he didnt. The first six months were great. He was super affectionate. Then one day my bf was like, can you come get Simon, he attacked me. I was like, attacked, what are you talking about? i blew it off-hed never had cats, i grew up with lots. A few days later, I dropped a metal plate next to him and it made a pretty loud noise. i looked down, and Simon was all puffed up, his tail was huge, his pupils were dilated... i went to slowly move away and he attacked. He latched onto my leg and dug in with teeth and claws. I screamed and it startled him enough to let go, so i ran in the bathroom-he chased me but i managed to shut the door. i washed up and bandaged my wounds. a half hour later he started his sweet little "i miss you where are you" mew, so i opened the door, and he was normal if a little jumpy. A week later, it happened again-he was sleeping next to me when i had a coughing fit. he woke, his eyes huge, tail puffed, and lunged, hissing and spitting. the worst thing about these attacks is he wouldnt stop. he'd just keep coming and attacking-hed never retreat,go hide under the bed or whatever. theI only way to stop it was to get away. his reco ery time got longer. sometimes a day or more. i was terrified of him, so was my bf.

i googled. i posted on cat forums. try feliway, they said. play with him more. play calming music. get him on prozac. we did get him on prozac, and tried it for 8 months. it never made much of a difference. it was like living with a wild animal. and yet, when he wasnt attacking he always wanted to be near us. wanted to cuddle, wanted pets.

then one day, nearly two years into this, i was in my computer chair-i pulled it back, startled him, and he attacked-but the door was shut and it took a few minutes to get it open and get away-the whole time hes relentlessly attacking. i got out and shut the door, my pants were shredded, my arms and legs bleeding profusely. i waited hours but everytime i opened the door he'd yowl and scream and launch himself at thedoor. i called animal control and told them the situation, and they came and caught him with a catchpole and took him away. i watched them load him into the van, and my heart broke.

i called the next day to ask about him. "Simon?", she asked, and i could hear the jugdment in her tone. "hes fine. no, he hasnt attacked anyone". i could tell she was thinking "surrendered a perfectly good cat. typical". i had explained what happened but it didnt feel like they believed me. "oh a worker was in playing with him today". i hung up feeling like a horrible human, even though i knew i'd tried everything.

a few days later i called back to check again and got a terse "that cat was euthanized". i assumed he'd startled and attacked a worker, and i hung up and cried for my baby.

its ten years later. ive had. no pets since. i saw a little black kitty in an alley and rescued her-theres a post about her in new cat on the block. i took her to a vet, got her antibiotics for fever. no microchip so i decided to keep her. shes the sweetest kitty. didnt bite, so gentle, liked to cuddle. 2 weeks go by, she feels better and gets some energy back and starts play biting a little, but not hard. and then-i got a call on. my phone and the ringtone was up loud-and her tail puffed up and her eyes got big. no growling or yowling, but she was sniffing it, tense, pupils huge. i got up very slowly and calmly and walked to the bathroom-when i got to the door she was behind me and cuffed my leg, but not hard. i went in the bathroom and shut the door. 20 mins later i came out and she was normal... but since then in the last two days its happened twice more-loud noise, puffed tail, huge pupils. she doesnt yowl or attack-yet. but im worried.

so.. i feel like obviously its either this apartment or me or both. i have literally never owned or knew or even heard of a cat that did what Simon did. everyone i spoke to was at a loss. and now i have a second cat doing it?

i cant live in fear, i cant go through this again. i need to figure it out, or rehome her. i dont WANT to-shes safe with me-how do i know who she'll end up with? i wanted to keep her, but i cant spend evwry minute at home scared my cat will attack me.

questions: is it possible its too quiet here? its a small apartment-one br, small lr, bath & small kitchen. i dont have ppl over much. i dont play loud music or talk loud, ect. is it possible its just so quiet here that when something's loud its jarring to her?

when i was rescuing her in the alley a big truck blew its horn and she didnt flinch or run away.

maybe theres not enough people around her?

i just cant believe this is happening again.I if youve been through this please reply-i feel like im the only one in the world its happened to. if.this isfixable i want to fix it. i'm just at a loss. she was fine the first couple weeks-why now?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've come to this thread from your "new cats on the block" thread.

First off, so sorry about what happened to your Simon. After that experience, I can understand your worry and concern over your new kitty's reaction to the phone ringing.

Not sure about the leg cuffing, but the puffed tail and huge pupils is a normal response to fear or fright. It's happened to my Ruby a few times when something falls and makes a loud noise. At the same time, I don't want to discount your concerns, so hopefully others will post with comments and suggestions.

Espalia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that this is the situation that brought you here, but I'm glad you found it as I hope people will be able to give you good advice.

Even though Simon sounds like a really unique case, it does sound like there is some link between the behavior of him and the new kitten. Have you owned cats or other pets before you adopted Simon?

I think you may actually be right - your apartment is too quiet and your cats got used to a very quiet and safe existence - and then they are extra sensitive to loud noises. I think there is something about the way you act when they get scared too that may be causing them to attack you. I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong, especially after living with Simon!; but maybe changing your reaction them them getting scared will help. Acting timid or scared around an animal could cause them to feel nervous and more likely to attack. Cats are actually very sensitive to human emotions, at least in my experience.

I have a couple of suggestions, but I hope that someone with more experience can also chime in. I would definitely add some bustle to your home. Play music fairly loudly, play podcasts so they hear other peoples' voices. Do you cook often? Watch TV/play video games? Gosh, now that I'm thinking about it - we make a huge racket in my apartment every day. Getting your kitten used to loud noises will be good for them in the long run.

Also - talk to your cat often. I didn't realize until I started posting on this forum that I talk to my cats all the time. I have a special tone of voice that I used for only my cats (similar to how people talk to babies, but not quite that precious) and I just talk to them all day when we are together. I greet them when I come home and talk to them while petting them or bringing them their food. I have heard that people will read to their newly adopted cats for 10-30 min a day to get them used to their voice. This will help your cat find your voice soothing and comforting.

When something does frighten your cat, instead of moving away from them slowly like you are also afraid adopt a confident posture and try to talk to them in a soothing voice. I know, it sounds really dumb in writing but if my cats are startled I say their name and then "it's okay, kitty. come here! come here!" and I offer my hand out for them to sniff and then I scratch their head a little bit. Sometimes this distracts them from whatever it is they're worried about. If they are too freaked out they are not receptive to scratches (usually they will keep staring in the direction of the noise) then I stop touching them and just keep talking to them soothingly. I'll also say their name to try to get them to look at me or give them a toy or treat to redirect their attention.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thank you so much, both of you.

Espalia: i had a cat for a year when i moved out at 19. Same situation, a stray off the street. she was pregnant, had her kittens with me, and i found her and her babies homes cos i was moving out of state and never intended to have a pet, i just wanted her to have a safe place to have/raise her kittens. i never had any problems with her at all. It was my first apartment, not huge, but being 19 and finally free i did have parties and people over lots. it definitely wasnt a "quiet" apartment.

my mom took in strays so as a child we always had a cat or three in the house.

you could be right about my reaction-i cant help wanting to watch her closely when shes startled now, and of course i know staring is a threat. i need to remind myself not to watch her too much. i'll definitely try to be more confident when she does startle, and try what you said. i used to cook but ive been ordering out lately..ive been wanting to start cooking again tho. ill try the podcast thing too. i do talk to her tho, all the time. it hard not too cos she chirrups alot (she hardly ever does a real meow) and so we get into.. um.. conversations.

*puuurrrrt. puuuurt. pururur purreow!* to which i reply "hi honeybun, yes im home and yes you can have food". *puuurrrt purrrewow ow ow* "yes i know u starved for six whole hours i dont know how you made it" *rrrrreow?* "yes youre a good kitty".

ect.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four cats at home and two of them get aggressive when they are stressed out. One was an easy fix, Kitty used to live in the building I work at. It is loud during the day where I work and she was stressed out by it. Since I took her home in May her aggression is completely gone, I live in a quiet neighborhood. Kitty used to latch on to my arm with teeth and claws, she has not done that since taking her home.

My cat Taz is far more complex. Not enough attention, aggression. Cat on our property and he sees it out the window, aggression. A strong scent, aggression. He is easily excited / stressed by many things. Typically he directs his aggression at our cat Zoe and not at my wife or me. He is a work in progress but far better now that I have learned to address his aggression better.

I used to get stressed out with Taz, I no longer do that after reading this article. You can click or touch the article title it will take you to the article.

You, Your Cat And Stress

Now I take a step back, a deep breath and remain calm when I deal with him. That advice helped a lot as he is easier to deal with when I am not stressed or upset.

I tried to discipline him, that was a huge mistake. I thought it seemed to make things worse and it did, reading the following confirmed it.

Cats And Discipline Don't Mix

Most definitely yelling at him was a big mistake, he would just get more aggressive towards Zoe. A timeout in a room was useless, most of the time he would go straight at Zoe when I let him out.

You can search through the articles on this site but some notable ones are the following. The articles also have links to other articles in them.

Re-directed Aggression In Cats

Solving Cat Behavior Problems: The Key Ingredient

Is Your Cat Stressed Out?

I can't prevent everything that will stress Taz out so I work on getting him to calm down as quickly as possible. I am getting better and better at it or he is not as easily stressed. This year is better than last year.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The advice that you've gotten above is really excellent and I don't have much to add. You asked if there were other cats who behaved as Simon did and I can answer that. About a year and a half ago, there was a thread about a cat named Hazel, whose humans tried everything, as you did with Simon. She became more and more aggressive until she was attacking everyone she saw. Her humans were devastated but ended up concluding (with the help of their vet) that Hazel was the cat-equivalent of psychotic. I don't know if veterinary science recognizes psychoses in cats - this was just what they concluded. They felt they had no choice except to have her euthanized.

This kind of extreme behavior is very rare though. From your description of Honeybun's behavior, it sounds like she's just being a normal cat, i.e. puffing up when frightened. Try not to worry about her behavior turning into something more serious, even though it's only natural that you would considering your past experience. Cats are very attuned to their human's emotions and if Honeybun senses you are afraid of her or limiting your interaction with her, it will have a negative impact on your relationship. Espalia Espalia 's suggestion that you stay with her when she puffs up rather than leaving her is an excellent one - I'm glad to see that you're going to try that. The articles that Shane Kent Shane Kent recommended should help you as well.

One more thing and it's only peripherally related to this thread: You mentioned in your Introduction thread, Meet... My New Kitty! that Honeybun likes to use your legs as a scratching post. I think it's important to break that habit as soon as you can, especially if she's going to show her distress by batting at your leg. You don't want her using your leg as a scratching post at all, but definitely not while she's upset. You may need to experiment to find out what material she prefers (the main ones are sisal, cardboard and carpet) and at what angle (horizontal on the floor, vertical or at a slant) but definitely get her at least one scratching post.
Based on what you said in your Introduction threads, I suspect she may prefer her scratching posts to be vertical.

Best of luck with this situation. :hugs::catrub:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mer.kitten Mer.kitten , how are things going?

I really agree with Espalia Espalia 's words below (I highlighted them in blue)...

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that this is the situation that brought you here, but I'm glad you found it as I hope people will be able to give you good advice.
Also - talk to your cat often. I didn't realize until I started posting on this forum that I talk to my cats all the time. I have a special tone of voice that I used for only my cats (similar to how people talk to babies, but not quite that precious) and I just talk to them all day when we are together. I greet them when I come home and talk to them while petting them or bringing them their food. I have heard that people will read to their newly adopted cats for 10-30 min a day to get them used to their voice. This will help your cat find your voice soothing and comforting.

When something does frighten your cat, instead of moving away from them slowly like you are also afraid adopt a confident posture and try to talk to them in a soothing voice. I know, it sounds really dumb in writing but if my cats are startled I say their name and then "it's okay, kitty. come here! come here!" and I offer my hand out for them to sniff and then I scratch their head a little bit. Sometimes this distracts them from whatever it is they're worried about. If they are too freaked out they are not receptive to scratches (usually they will keep staring in the direction of the noise) then I stop touching them and just keep talking to them soothingly. I'll also say their name to try to get them to look at me or give them a toy or treat to redirect their attention.
I also suggest not turning and running away from your kitty when she poofs up and gets scared at a noise like the cell phone ringing. Unfortunately when you turn and walk away (or run away!), her instincts might be kicking in (she is a young kitty after all, under 2 yrs old?) and she might suddenly think you are "prey" to chase and "conquer". Does that make sense? I find this especially occurs with kittens and young cats who are very outgoing and playful.

What you might try to do is desensitize her to the loud or startling "events". This is sort of along the lines of what Espalia was describing.

I have a few old posts in other threads about some similar ways I desensitized my kitten to some loud goings-on when we first brought her home (we live in a louder, urban area)...

Been One Week, New Cat Still Hiding/can't Touch

Communication from Cats

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your advice, i really appreciate it. I already talk to her a lot, but ive made a point to be loud, have the tv/music louder sometimes, and have more people over. I also dont move away when shes startled, i act disinterested, glance at her a sec and look away, and say "its ok kitty, nothing to worry about" and go back to whatever i was doing. She hasnt startled as bad as she did at my phone that time-shes not startling much at all really-just a little bit. I think i may have overreacted, i was just worried it was happening all over again, but the truth is it wasnt the same, Honrybun never growled or hissed or had her claws out. It was just the puff-cat mode & big eyes that made me nervous. Im going to keep taking the advice in this thread as it seems to be working, and thanks again to everyone replied.

In general shes doing really well, she hopped on my lap for about 15 minutes today, (she doesnt like laps or being picked up) so just now i decided to press my luck & picked her up. She squirmed for a second and i was about to put her down when she suddenly relaxed, and i got her to just sit in my arms while i stood there for 10 mins & petted her, so shes coming along nicely :)

Espalia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay! Thank you for the update, I'm glad that things are going better with your kitty. I think with your history it was completely understandable for you to be nervous with her reaction. And it was also very admirable that you were willing to have an open mind about your possible role in her behavior from the beginning.

Sounds like things are progressing wonderfully and I'm so happy you can have a cat in your life again after what I'm sure was an incredibly traumatizing experience with Simon. It seems like Honeybun has found a wonderful home.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you, it makes me feel good to hear someone say that :) It rained the other day for the first time this fall, that means our rainy sesson iscoming, and all i could think was what if i hadnt seen her? or what if i hadnt gotten out and gone up to her and felt how boney she was and decided she was coming with me? shed be out right now in the cold and the rain..

instead shes snug as a bug in my apartment :)

sleepy

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to be a little long, but plesse read it all before replying and please understand that i tried everything with my other kitty and i was devastated to lose him.

About 11 year ago i found a stray cat. He was young, about a year or two. He was so sweet, and calm, even rode loose in the car the day i found him-i was afraid hed panic, but he didnt. The first six months were great. He was super affectionate. Then one day my bf was like, can you come get Simon, he attacked me. I was like, attacked, what are you talking about? i blew it off-hed never had cats, i grew up with lots. A few days later, I dropped a metal plate next to him and it made a pretty loud noise. i looked down, and Simon was all puffed up, his tail was huge, his pupils were dilated... i went to slowly move away and he attacked. He latched onto my leg and dug in with teeth and claws. I screamed and it startled him enough to let go, so i ran in the bathroom-he chased me but i managed to shut the door. i washed up and bandaged my wounds. a half hour later he started his sweet little "i miss you where are you" mew, so i opened the door, and he was normal if a little jumpy. A week later, it happened again-he was sleeping next to me when i had a coughing fit. he woke, his eyes huge, tail puffed, and lunged, hissing and spitting. the worst thing about these attacks is he wouldnt stop. he'd just keep coming and attacking-hed never retreat,go hide under the bed or whatever. theI only way to stop it was to get away. his reco ery time got longer. sometimes a day or more. i was terrified of him, so was my bf.

i googled. i posted on cat forums. try feliway, they said. play with him more. play calming music. get him on prozac. we did get him on prozac, and tried it for 8 months. it never made much of a difference. it was like living with a wild animal. and yet, when he wasnt attacking he always wanted to be near us. wanted to cuddle, wanted pets.

then one day, nearly two years into this, i was in my computer chair-i pulled it back, startled him, and he attacked-but the door was shut and it took a few minutes to get it open and get away-the whole time hes relentlessly attacking. i got out and shut the door, my pants were shredded, my arms and legs bleeding profusely. i waited hours but everytime i opened the door he'd yowl and scream and launch himself at thedoor. i called animal control and told them the situation, and they came and caught him with a catchpole and took him away. i watched them load him into the van, and my heart broke.

i called the next day to ask about him. "Simon?", she asked, and i could hear the jugdment in her tone. "hes fine. no, he hasnt attacked anyone". i could tell she was thinking "surrendered a perfectly good cat. typical". i had explained what happened but it didnt feel like they believed me. "oh a worker was in playing with him today". i hung up feeling like a horrible human, even though i knew i'd tried everything.

a few days later i called back to check again and got a terse "that cat was euthanized". i assumed he'd startled and attacked a worker, and i hung up and cried for my baby.

its ten years later. ive had. no pets since. i saw a little black kitty in an alley and rescued her-theres a post about her in new cat on the block. i took her to a vet, got her antibiotics for fever. no microchip so i decided to keep her. shes the sweetest kitty. didnt bite, so gentle, liked to cuddle. 2 weeks go by, she feels better and gets some energy back and starts play biting a little, but not hard. and then-i got a call on. my phone and the ringtone was up loud-and her tail puffed up and her eyes got big. no growling or yowling, but she was sniffing it, tense, pupils huge. i got up very slowly and calmly and walked to the bathroom-when i got to the door she was behind me and cuffed my leg, but not hard. i went in the bathroom and shut the door. 20 mins later i came out and she was normal... but since then in the last two days its happened twice more-loud noise, puffed tail, huge pupils. she doesnt yowl or attack-yet. but im worried.

so.. i feel like obviously its either this apartment or me or both. i have literally never owned or knew or even heard of a cat that did what Simon did. everyone i spoke to was at a loss. and now i have a second cat doing it?

i cant live in fear, i cant go through this again. i need to figure it out, or rehome her. i dont WANT to-shes safe with me-how do i know who she'll end up with? i wanted to keep her, but i cant spend evwry minute at home scared my cat will attack me.

questions: is it possible its too quiet here? its a small apartment-one br, small lr, bath & small kitchen. i dont have ppl over much. i dont play loud music or talk loud, ect. is it possible its just so quiet here that when something's loud its jarring to her?

when i was rescuing her in the alley a big truck blew its horn and she didnt flinch or run away.

maybe theres not enough people around her?

i just cant believe this is happening again.I if youve been through this please reply-i feel like im the only one in the world its happened to. if.this isfixable i want to fix it. i'm just at a loss. she was fine the first couple weeks-why now?
You poor sweet baby! How terrifying and heartbreaking for you! Did you get any permanent damage to yourself?

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
thank you so much, both of you.

Espalia: i had a cat for a year when i moved out at 19. Same situation, a stray off the street. she was pregnant, had her kittens with me, and i found her and her babies homes cos i was moving out of state and never intended to have a pet, i just wanted her to have a safe place to have/raise her kittens. i never had any problems with her at all. It was my first apartment, not huge, but being 19 and finally free i did have parties and people over lots. it definitely wasnt a "quiet" apartment.

my mom took in strays so as a child we always had a cat or three in the house.

you could be right about my reaction-i cant help wanting to watch her closely when shes startled now, and of course i know staring is a threat. i need to remind myself not to watch her too much. i'll definitely try to be more confident when she does startle, and try what you said. i used to cook but ive been ordering out lately..ive been wanting to start cooking again tho. ill try the podcast thing too. i do talk to her tho, all the time. it hard not too cos she chirrups alot (she hardly ever does a real meow) and so we get into.. um.. conversations.

*puuurrrrt. puuuurt. pururur purreow!* to which i reply "hi honeybun, yes im home and yes you can have food". *puuurrrt purrrewow ow ow* "yes i know u starved for six whole hours i dont know how you made it" *rrrrreow?* "yes youre a good kitty".

ect.
:crackup: :clap::grouphug2: :clap2: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::bigeyes:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I have four cats at home and two of them get aggressive when they are stressed out. One was an easy fix, Kitty used to live in the building I work at. It is loud during the day where I work and she was stressed out by it. Since I took her home in May her aggression is completely gone, I live in a quiet neighborhood. Kitty used to latch on to my arm with teeth and claws, she has not done that since taking her home.

My cat Taz is far more complex. Not enough attention, aggression. Cat on our property and he sees it out the window, aggression. A strong scent, aggression. He is easily excited / stressed by many things. Typically he directs his aggression at our cat Zoe and not at my wife or me. He is a work in progress but far better now that I have learned to address his aggression better.

I used to get stressed out with Taz, I no longer do that after reading this article. You can click or touch the article title it will take you to the article.

You, Your Cat And Stress

Now I take a step back, a deep breath and remain calm when I deal with him. That advice helped a lot as he is easier to deal with when I am not stressed or upset.

I tried to discipline him, that was a huge mistake. I thought it seemed to make things worse and it did, reading the following confirmed it.

Cats And Discipline Don't Mix

Most definitely yelling at him was a big mistake, he would just get more aggressive towards Zoe. A timeout in a room was useless, most of the time he would go straight at Zoe when I let him out.

You can search through the articles on this site but some notable ones are the following. The articles also have links to other articles in them.

Re-directed Aggression In Cats

Solving Cat Behavior Problems: The Key Ingredient

Is Your Cat Stressed Out?

I can't prevent everything that will stress Taz out so I work on getting him to calm down as quickly as possible. I am getting better and better at it or he is not as easily stressed. This year is better than last year.
:hearthrob::clap::clap2::redheartpump: :rock:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your advice, i really appreciate it. I already talk to her a lot, but ive made a point to be loud, have the tv/music louder sometimes, and have more people over. I also dont move away when shes startled, i act disinterested, glance at her a sec and look away, and say "its ok kitty, nothing to worry about" and go back to whatever i was doing. She hasnt startled as bad as she did at my phone that time-shes not startling much at all really-just a little bit. I think i may have overreacted, i was just worried it was happening all over again, but the truth is it wasnt the same, Honrybun never growled or hissed or had her claws out. It was just the puff-cat mode & big eyes that made me nervous. Im going to keep taking the advice in this thread as it seems to be working, and thanks again to everyone replied.

In general shes doing really well, she hopped on my lap for about 15 minutes today, (she doesnt like laps or being picked up) so just now i decided to press my luck & picked her up. She squirmed for a second and i was about to put her down when she suddenly relaxed, and i got her to just sit in my arms while i stood there for 10 mins & petted her, so shes coming along nicely :)
:hearthrob::redheartpump::clap::clap2:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, it makes me feel good to hear someone say that :) It rained the other day for the first time this fall, that means our rainy sesson iscoming, and all i could think was what if i hadnt seen her? or what if i hadnt gotten out and gone up to her and felt how boney she was and decided she was coming with me? shed be out right now in the cold and the rain..

sleepy

What an adorable little face.:redheartpump: It makes my heart feel all mushy to think of her safe and dry, with a fully tummy, instead of living the dangerous and uncomfortable life of a street cat. :redheartpump::redheartpump: I really want to reach through the screen and give her a kiss on her cute little nose! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

I'm so glad to hear that things are going better with the two of you.:cloud9:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise

sleepy
You are a wonderful person for saving sweet Honeybun. We just started socializing with Gypsy a year ago this month and everytime it gets nasty outside weatherwise I get a heartwarming feeling when I see her cozy and content and safe inside with us. When she gets scared she runs and hides in a safe place, we leave her in peace, speaking to her softly & quietly to let her know we are protecting her, until she feels brave again and reappears. So far fireworks are the only thing that does it to her, she is totally terrified of them. She was afraid of the sound of the garbage truck hydraulics, we first saw her jumping out of the apartments dumpster in Spring 2016 and I think she may have been in one when they started lifting it, now she sits in our 2nd story window and calmly watches them. Honeybuns 'sleepy' photo should also be posted in the 'Show us the whiskers thread" and in the 'Black cats only thread'.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
What an adorable little face.:redheartpump: It makes my heart feel all mushy to think of her safe and dry, with a fully tummy, instead of living the dangerous and uncomfortable life of a street cat. :redheartpump::redheartpump: I really want to reach through the screen and give her a kiss on her cute little nose! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

I'm so glad to hear that things are going better with the two of you.:cloud9:
:yeah: :bigeyes: :catrub: