New Brand Of Cat Food By Mars- Crave

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Soo I normally avoid cat food brands sold at the supermarket, but something new caught my eye- the brand Crave, by Mars (same company that makes Nutro and Sheba) and to my surprise the ingredients in the dry food were comparable to most of the "high end" grain-free brands I've seen in pet stores. The only iffy ingredient was the fish meal, which is listed below a bunch of the main ingredients, but there are no grains, no soy, no corn, no byproducts, no artificial flavors, no extra fruit/veggie fillers and the advertised protein is the #1 ingredient. Has anyone here tried it yet? All the reviews on Chewy are positive so far, so I am tempted to try it out with my cats to have as a back up when my cats favorite brand is out. Unfortunately, their wet food has carrageenan which is too bad, so I won't be trying that.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried it, but I've seen it at Wal-Mart and also petsmart. I'm curious also. I think they only have pate style food. Which is unfortunate for us, my girls will not eat pate. Only shreds in lots and lots of gravy. I'm interested in their dry food though. Mine are currently eating simply nourish turkey and chicken

chandler49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Been feeding Crave dry for 3 days. Cat likes it. Was using ProPlan Grain Free dry. Switchd to Crave dry because it uses chicken fat. ProPlan uses animal fat. My question is what animal?

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I went ahead and bought some today. The bag was on sale for 6.79 at petsmart. And I compared it to the simply nourish and they are pretty close. It looks like the crave has more omegas in it. I put some in a bowl and now I wait and see if anyone tries it.
I also found my little lion treats. I haven't seen them in years! Lily used to love them as a kitten so we shall see if she still does. I was excited to see that it has pumpkin in it.

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nutro and Sheba is bad...they are trying to rebrand into a different name?

sidhe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've tried it and the cats didn't touch it, but our cats are extremely picky about their food.

I use the cat food database whenever I'm researching cat food.

Here's the page for Crave. It actually looks pretty good, especially for the price (their ratings system is pretty confusing, but if you click on the actual product it'll give you a breakdown of the ingredients and nutrition info, which is what I use).