New baby kitten

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For many years Frontline has been used successfully in many countries, and has often been the first choice of vets. It comes in a number of versions, and you need the one that is right for your cat, including its weight. The problem with it recently in some places has been a result of its success - as with all medicines, it is meeting a super-resistant problem, in this case the fleas are becoming resistant to it, and so it doesn't work any more. My brother lives in the south of the UK and vets have stopped using it there, because of this problem. So it depends a lot on where you live whether you should use it, and the only way to find out is to ask the vet.

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For many years Frontline has been used successfully in many countries, and has often been the first choice of vets. It comes in a number of versions, and you need the one that is right for your cat, including its weight. The problem with it recently in some places has been a result of its success - as with all medicines, it is meeting a super-resistant problem, in this case the fleas are becoming resistant to it, and so it doesn't work any more. My brother lives in the south of the UK and vets have stopped using it there, because of this problem. So it depends a lot on where you live whether you should use it, and the only way to find out is to ask the vet.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense.

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read the beginning of this theard and then the end but FLEAS CAN BE REDISH BROWN!!!!!! In fact an both coast of Canada that I have lived on fleas come in both brown and black the are sometimes called dog and cat fleas but are not picky about hosts.
And yes fleas bite humans.
Wierdly our cats sometimes bring in a bird flea they are smal and black but longer and can't jump as we the wiggle more and since they are specializedto feathers not fur or hair have trouble getting around on cats, I slso find them on feathers under the swallows house we have up.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the beginning of this theard and then the end but FLEAS CAN BE REDISH BROWN!!!!!! In fact an both coast of Canada that I have lived on fleas come in both brown and black the are sometimes called dog and cat fleas but are not picky about hosts.
And yes fleas bite humans.
Wierdly our cats sometimes bring in a bird flea they are smal and black but longer and can't jump as we the wiggle more and since they are specializedto feathers not fur or hair have trouble getting around on cats, I slso find them on feathers under the swallows house we have up.
There are many kinds of fleas - almost all mammals have their 'own' species, including humans. But all fleas will bite other animals occasionally if their own host is not available -it was rat fleas biting humans that caused the Bubonic plagues in the middle ages (and still do in some places, today).

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a problem with all flea poisons, just as it is with antibiotics.  Resistance develops over time -- evolution in action.  Every time I go into the grocery store I see a dispenser of antibiotic hand wipes so that you can "protect" yourself from the germs that someone else has left on the handle of your shopping cart!  These things not only contribute to antibiotic resistance, there is a simpler and cheaper solution available for those who are worried about it -- just don't touch your face until you can get home and wash with soap and water!  But nobody mentions that.

When it comes to fleas, yes, we have to control them, by the safest, most effective method available.  But that doesn't mean that all cats and dogs should be getting applications of flea poison, only those who actually have the opportunity to pick up flea infestations.  Just one of the multitude of reasons it's safer to keep your cat inside.

Margret

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are lucky hardly any fleas here cold winter lots of ants ...
So I only treat the years I see and then two months is enough and It's cold again[emoji]9786[/emoji]️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for helping me. U guys are super helpful and give me soo good advice really appreciate it

If tiger is 1 years of age isn't she a adult cat and shouldn't she be growing
I just think she isn't very healthy she seems to be a skinny cat maybe I'm wrong. I obviously feed her about 3 times a day and she always has a bowl of dry food
Btw I think the treatment is working well. There were excellent reviews on this medication

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tiger looks great ,healthy and shiny coat, at one year male cats grow more than females think of teenages 17 year old boys fill out alot.
I have a cat like tiger she's 6 pounds and very thin. She turned 2 and had her first and only litter in may ( spayedon Friday past ).
She could use a bit more weight but that's the pregnancy,she has actually gained a bit well nursing.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just thought she is a very tiny cat and am worried why she isn't growing maybe I'm worried for no reason
Ur cat does look like tiger awww she soo cute and her babies.
Ur cat looks the same size as tiger wow
I can't imagine tiger having kittens
If you Compare tiger to meow the blackc cat there is a difference

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Based on the photos of tiger, she looks good, but you should take her to the vet if you're worried to get a more accurate reading (there's only so much to tell from a photo)
As for mama cat, you should be feeding he a kitten food if you aren't already, which is higher calorie and nutrition to support growth, pregnancy, and lactation. Although mama is an adult, she needs to extra energy and protein and fat because she's producing milk which is hard to do.

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
L Ladewyn Did you mean my mumma cat? Don't worry she has wet 3 times a day was six when pregnant and babies were knew . All the kitten dry she can est and any plain chicken&fat fish or something that she like bits of cream and yogurt and cheese, she is just tiny . Actually concave after being spayed last week. She is only letting the kittens on her one at a time and for no more than 3 minutes so she almost entirely done nursing. Will keep feeding as much as she likes until she fattens up[emoji]128522[/emoji]

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guys is it normal for tiger to bring in worms she has been doing this for sometime now. She bringing in the fat one, yesterday she was chasing a mouse and killed it and left it near her food bowl then in the morning she but it on my bed ugh disgusting. how do u stop her from doing that

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys is it normal for tiger to bring in worms she has been doing this for sometime now. She bringing in the fat one, yesterday she was chasing a mouse and killed it and left it near her food bowl then in the morning she but it on my bed ugh disgusting. how do u stop her from doing that
You would need to keep her inside in order to stop this.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You would need to keep her inside in order to stop this.
Oh, Sweetie.  She's giving you a present.  She likes mice, and it's beyond her comprehension that you might not like them.  @talkingpeanut is right -- the only way to stop this behavior is to make her an indoor only kitty.

Be glad that it's just mice and worms.  Sweet Thing once brought a garter snake in the house to play with.  She was quite offended when we released it on the other side of the little stream near our house, so that she couldn't recapture it except by crossing water (yecch, water!).

I had to take an almost dead wasp away from Jasmine this morning -- no idea how it got in the house, but I'm very grateful to Jasmine for pointing it out to me so I could get rid of it.

Margret

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe you can train a cat not to catch bugs and small rodents. It's instinctive for them to hunt and kill. Tiger was indeed sharing her catch with you, and if I were you, I would praise her for it. I had a terrible mouse problem in my house until I got my four-legged mouse catcher. He's an intrepid hunter, and I no longer have mice in the house. I praised him and praised him when he first caught a mouse. The last time he did, he was so cute about it. I was in the spare bedroom on the computer, and he went into my bedroom, which I didn't pay any attention to. When I was finished, I went in the bedroom, and he was hiding behind the sisal scratching post, watching for my reaction. There, a few feet away, was a dead mouse. He was soooo proud of himself!  I told him over and over what a good boy he was.