TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a black cat that is my neighbour s cat
I have another thread called cat and flea collor dangerous
She comed into my room to have a snack or a sleep
Because she used to me I didnt know she had a owner
she only comes
Recently I got a kitten who is 2 months she had a sibling same colour as her and a black mother
Before I took her , my neighbour cat is a black cat and my kitten meows
At the black cat thinking that s her mother

I dont know how to introduce them I neec help I dont want
The black cat to hit or injure her

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi catgirl28 catgirl28 :wavey:

Great to hear that you finally have a kitten of your own :clap:

I think you're misreading a few things though. First of all, remember that cats go off scent more than sight when it comes to recognising other cats. I highly doubt that your kitten (what's her name, btw?) is thinking that Meow is her mum. She's most likely exhibiting normal kitten curiosity, and may just want to make friends :)

I wouldn't be letting your kitten outside yet anyway - in fact, I wouldn't want any contact with Meow until at least 10 days AFTER she's completed all her vaccinations (usually the final vaccination is after she turns 12 weeks old).

There are things you can do to help Meow begin getting used to your kitten though. The articles below explain how to make a scent cloth. Do this with your kitten every day, and leave it our for Meow to find. Scent is a 'cat handshake' - you're letting Meow get to know your kitten without putting her at any risk of being hurt.

You could also get a cheap cardboard scratcher for your kitten. Let her use it for a few weeks (don't bother with putting catnip on it though, as she's too young to respond to it), and then leave it out for Meow to find.

By doing these things you'll be helping Meow adjust to the idea that there's a new kitten in your life.

When kitten finally DOES go out, be sure to supervise her at first. This is only sensible for any kitten, but is particularly important when there are other cats around. Generally, though, adult cats will accept kittens far more readily than other adults. They can tell that they're only babies, and are much more tolerant of them because of it.

Very much looking forward to pictures of your new arrival :D[article="32680"][/article][article="29726"][/article]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They already met my dad said they were playing
So I put them together and the kitten tiger thats her name
Then meow hit her and tiger ran into my lap
I have given them each other scent
What happens if meow eats tigers food and tiger eats the remaining
Thnx soo much

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An occasional swipe from Meow is fine - she's just telling Tiger to mind her manners.

It's not a great idea for Meow to eat Tiger's kitten food - kittens have much higer energy requirements than adults, and kitten food is generally much richer than adult cat food. However, as the worst that will happen is that Meow gets a mild case of diarrhoea I wouldn't get TOO worked up about it. Just be sure that Meow's snacking doesn't make Tiger go hungry.

As I said before, though, I really wouldn't let Meow and Tiger have physical contact until Tiger's had all her vaccinations. Kittens have much weaker immune systems, and you don't want Tiger getting sick.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay I will keep that in mind
Also tiger is getting into a habit of biting my fingers
When she goes in to her crazy playing mode can I stop this
The biting doesnt hurt but when she gets older I dont want her
To bite my fingers. Thank you

Thats tiger

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is GORGEOUS! :heart3: :heart2: :heart3:

Play biting is very common in young kittens. Be sure never to use your hands as toys with her. The best toys for interactive play are wand toys (eg Da Bird, Cat Dancer etc), as these keep your hands well away from the action! It's a good idea to have a self play toy (like a cat safe mini stuffed toy - a mouse, bird, Kong Kicker etc) to hand when cuddling her. That way you have something appropriate for her to bite and kick if she does start getting mouthy.

If she DOES bite you, freeze. She's treating your hand as prey, and prey is only interesting when it's alive (moving). A squeal or 'ow' will let her know that she's being too rough - young kittens will squeak/mew at each other if the bite pressure gets too hard. It's how they learn to play nicely together ;) [article="22328"][/article][article="0"][/article][article="0"][/article][article="30336"][/article]

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no I been using my hands okay I will use a meowing sounds
To stop her and make it sound as if she is hurting me
Thnx she doesn't like being alone she prefers company
She does have a scratching board and alot of mouse string toys
And catnip stuff and I brought her and carrier becuase friday me and
My sister are taking her to the vet its called vets4pets im sure you heard of it
Where pets come first hahaha . She going for a vaccination 1 friday and
Another one after 2 weeks
Thx alot columbine you been a true help

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting for the catnip is totally worth it too. My kitten had catnip for the first time for real when she was five months old. Oh my goodness it was hilarious. Congrats on your new kitten! She's beautiful. 

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww thank you NewYork1303
Okay I won't't give her cat nip
When we go to the vet tommorow friday
For her vaccination should I be expecting some funny reaction like
Some cats do
Also what other things are required from the vets that have 2 be done
Like im getting her vaccinated
What else should I do

Thankyou guys soooooooo much

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She should be just fine. Your vet can tell you if there's anything you need to watch for. I've never had problems with any of mine though :)

Your vet will be giving her a basic health check as well as the vaccinations. This appointment is a great time to ask any health and care questions you may have.

Talk to your vet about an appropriate flea treatment and worming regime for Tiger - particularly important if she's going to be going outside.

She will need microchipping too, but that's best left until she's a bit older - she's got so much growing to do that a chip would likely move if you had it done now.

Ask the vet as many questions as you need to - they want to give Tiger as good a start as possible too :catguy:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww thank you NewYork1303
Okay I won't't give her cat nip
When we go to the vet tommorow friday
For her vaccination should I be expecting some funny reaction like
Some cats do
Also what other things are required from the vets that have 2 be done
Like im getting her vaccinated
What else should I do

Thankyou guys soooooooo much
Usually there isn't a reaction to vaccines. My kitten had a bad reaction where she was just really lethargic and only wanted to cuddle and sleep after her second set of shots. By the next day she was running around and back to herself. She never had a reaction to them again. Most reactions are mild. You'll just need to make sure to finish her shots (usually kittens have a few sets of them) and eventually talk to your vet about getting her spayed. That can wait until she is older though.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should talk to the vet about spaying her and definitely keep her inside until that's done.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont want her 2 be a outside cat
I would prefer a indoor cat
And I would hate if a outdoor cat comes and sleeps on my bed
Their might be some insect on her u never
Also my sister saw a black small insect near her face soooo scared
She sleeps right next to my face every night
Also when I look in her ears she has some mud not mud but like
Small black sand looking things not insect

Thanku alll soooo much really appreciate
Although where is Margaret and mwallance

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When you take her to the vet ask them to take a look in her ears. It's just possible she has ear mites. They're pretty common and not a big deal, but do need treating. Do remember that cat ear wax is black-brown in colour. It might just be that. It never hurts to check though ;)

I haven't seen Margret Margret or @mwallace056 around as much lately. They may simply not have seen this thread.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I had seen the thread, just didn't have anything to add.

If you want to get the attention of a specific person, you do it the way Columbine did, tagging them with the @ sign. Click on @ in the menu when editing your message, then enter the name in the popup box. It should present you with options before you even finish putting in the name. If the person's settings are the usual one, they'll get an email (as I just did) saying they've been mentioned by someone and including links to both the thread and the particular message.

It's been a very long time since I cared for a kitten; not since Sweet Thing had a litter (I didn't know about free spay and neuter clinics at the time), and Sweet Thing was doing most of the kitten care. Unfortunately, her idea of kitten care included moving them into the waterbed at one week old so that she could resume her usual position, sleeping next to me...

Ear mites are a really nasty problem, from the cat's viewpoint. They itch like crazy. From the medical standpoint, they're easy to fix. As already said, ask your vet. If the kitten has ear mites, your vet will take care of them. If not, don't worry about ear wax. It's no more dangerous to a cat than it is to a human.

I've been very busy lately, dealing with medical issues, the death of a friend, and computer issues, which is why you haven't been seeing much of me. I do still keep an eye on my CatSite email messages, however, and check on anything that looks either interesting or that I may be able to help with. Those messages include links to all of the new threads, so I'm less out of it than it appears.

Jasmine is well, happy, and, to hear her tell it, thoroughly abused. Nobody ever plays with her, pets her, or feeds her. (Have I mentioned before that all cats are accomplished liars?) Also, humans insist on filling their laps with total junk, like computers and books, when laps should be reserved for the resident cat, even if the resident cat is in the other room, sleeping.

Margret

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took her 2 the vet andfound she is a girl
The vet gave a flea and worm treatment thing its liquid its contained
In a bottle and I have 2 put it in her mouth 1 a day
Also about her ears I have 2 clean them using a cotton wool
And omg margret is back
Even though I got information from other I would also prefer extra too