New baby kitten

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will Meow let you handle her paw?  Do not touch it if she's at all reluctant; even though Meow loves and trusts you she might still lash out with claws and teeth, and cat claws and saliva are notoriously dirty, you could get a bad infection.

If she'll allow you to touch her paw, try looking for a thorn caught in her pad or between her toes.  It could be as simple as pulling a thorn out.  I don't know what you have where you live, but around here we get some nasty bull's head thorns, and some plants have seeds that find a landing place and then twist somehow to work their way in.  This works quite well for them when the seeds land on the ground, but it's a pain in the you-know-where when the seed gets caught in fur.

Margret

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys but I saw meow paw and it seem fine . Meow doesn't like me even touching her . But I think her paw is completely fine she isn't limping anymore
But if something else happens I will keep u guys updated

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys
So tiger has this really bad habit of running out whn the door is open
So if someone comes inside my house and tigers around she would most likely to run out I don't know why she does that it's very anoyying sometimes it would be at night that's she runs out and we try to trap her to inside
How can I get rid of this issue???

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my black cat looks like this i think she got in a fight with another cat or a fox what shall I do

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Clean the wounds with warm salty water (a spoon or two in a bowl of water is plenty), and check her thoroughly all over for any other injuries - they can be easy to miss under all that fur ;) Then you need to make a vet's appointment for her - cat wounds can get infected really easily, so she may need an antibiotic to stop this happening. Always get her checked out after she's been in a fight like this - it's always better to treat things early, before they turn into big problems.

Poor little girl though :eek:hno: Is she ok in herself?

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heyyy I haven't seen her for a few days . I don't know where she is
In England it's 10:22pm right now and tiger escaped from the window and is gone to the next garden I can't seem to find her uhhh I don't understand why she runs away like this. I hope she doesn't find any foxes

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:eek:hno: I'm sorry hun. :( :alright: I hope Tiger is already safely back home :cross::vibes:

Unfortunately, this is one of the risks with cats going out by themselves. Very often, though, they'll make their own way back home again. If she doesn't show up soon, you can always put posters up to help try and find her. It's also worth going door-to-door and asking neighbours to check their garages and sheds - just in case she's got herself shut in somewhere. [article="32600"][/article]

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heyyy I haven't seen her for a few days . I don't know where she is
In England it's 10:22pm right now and tiger escaped from the window and is gone to the next garden I can't seem to find her uhhh I don't understand why she runs away like this. I hope she doesn't find any foxes
Oh, sweetheart.  I'm so sorry.  I, too, hope she's already made her way home.

Why does she do this?  Because she's a cat.  She thinks it's fun to hide.  Then she can jump out and pounce on a mouse, or a leaf, or a grasshopper, or you.  But it's definitely worrisome when she stays away too long, isn't it?  You keep looking for her, and remember that whatever happens we're here for you.

Margret

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww thank you soo much Margaret and columbine. Tiger came back at 12 o'clock that day it was pretty late I was sitting at the floor of my door and waited for her she was jumping around she has been doing this for a while
I just hope she never gets lost

About the black cat I did put salty water on her wound last week and done it today she eat and went outside but I quickly grabbed her and cleaned her wound put with that. It's quite frustrating because meow doesn't come to my house as much than before Also I noticed that her wound is a bit bigger I think it expanded I'm thinking or taking her to a vet or telling her owners to take her. I'm just worried they may not take her
But I will continue that method on her thank you guys sooo much :)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very glad Tiger came home.  Now, I think maybe you need to read this article: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/the-five-golden-rules-to-bringing-an-outdoor-cat-inside.  You've already done the most important thing by getting Tiger spayed, but if you want to stop her from disappearing this way you need some further help.  I think maybe you should be paying a lot of attention to the fourth item: Make the indoors fun!   Anything you can do to make it more interesting for Tiger inside will help, and it doesn't have to be expensive.  You can do a lot of creative things with cardboard boxes, for instance.

I'm wondering why you haven't changed your avatar from Meow to Tiger?  It's been a little confusing to me.  I thought at first that the injury you were posting about was to Tiger, and it makes a huge difference to the advice we can give you when we're talking about a cat that belongs to someone else.

Margret

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the link Margaret. I will definitely try to entertain tiger nore
Sorry about not telling u that meow was injured I completely forgot and I was worried

Can it be possible that tiger is spreading fleas my sister and brother seem to have bites and think it tiger
Tiger used to have flea and tick treatments but she does itch her self alot what shall I do about this issue

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Especially if they go outside, cats need regular flea treatments to stop them getting fleas. If there's a lot of itching going on, the house may need to be treated too. This article explains flea treatment and prevention :) [article="29664"][/article]

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks you columbine my sister brought a fleas treatment called front line it seems to be working very well
Its been a week and i combed her and i only found 1
Tiger is 1 years old how much should she weigh???

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How much a cat should weight depends on so many things - their height, build etc etc. Just like there's no single ideal weight for all people, there's no single ideal weight for all cats. Body condition scoring is an easier way to judge whether a cat is the right weight for their size. This chart explains what I mean:-

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would personally recommend against Frontline, or any random medication you get without your vets recommendation. Frontline often doesn't work to remove fleas, and in some cases may even harm your pet. I recommend getting flea treatment from your vet instead. As for how much Tiger should weigh, there's no way to know. Some adult cats are tiny and only nrrd weigh 6 or 7 pounds. Some are huge and are healthy at 16 pounds. Rather, you want to look at her body condition, see if she's too fat or too skinny and adjust her diet so she falls somewhere close to the 'ideal' (see the chart below for a description and visual; you can Google 'cat body condition' to find more info and charts if you like). When in doubt, talk to your vet!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would personally recommend against Frontline, or any random medication you get without your vets recommendation. Frontline often doesn't work to remove fleas, and in some cases may even harm your pet.
Frontline is actually sold/supplied by vets here in the UK, and it certainly isn't dangerous unless used incorrectly ;)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you columbine my sister brought a fleas treatment called front line it seems to be working very well
Its been a week and i combed her and i only found 1
Tiger is 1 years old how much should she weigh???
Why are you asking about Tiger's weight?  Are her ribs sticking out?  Or is she developing a pot belly?  Either one of those would mean that there's a problem.  Or are you just trying to be super careful with her health?  We all know what a good cat mommy you are, so I suspect that's the real reason you're asking, which probably means she's fine.  Check the charts that @Columbine and @Aldewyne gave you, and go from there.

It's fairly easy to tell how much a kitten should weigh at a particular age, but once they're past kittenhood things change drastically.  My husband is two meters tall and weighs around 260 pounds; he's underweight.  I'm just under 1.6 meters tall and weigh half what he does; I'm a little bit overweight.  The same kind of differences apply to cats.

Margret

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Frontline is actually sold/supplied by vets here in the UK, and it certainly isn't dangerous unless used incorrectly ;)
Interesting. My vet recommends against the stuff. I don't know anyone that's used it successfully to get rid of fleas and customer reviews are pretty awful on everything I've read. But of course it's also possible there's different formulations between countries, or just different drugs pushed (ah marketing). Good to know for future reference though.