New 2 Year Old Cat

Debzj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So just one week ago I picked up a Siamese cross cat that was being advertised as free to a good home...she isn't netured
In the last couple of days I've noticed her nipples are becoming more obvious and her belly getting slowly bigger..
As I say we've only had her a week so I don't know the difference in her behaviour as we are still sussing each other out...she is very vocal but that comes with her breed...I would like your guys opinion on whether she could be pregnant...I'm gutted for her that she has to go through this...I've had cats in the past and always got them netured

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she either is pregnant and further along or has recently had a litter. Please get her to the vet for a check up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! It looks like she recently had a litter, yet she may still be expecting another.

My guess is her kittens were given away, and so was she. :(

Do get her checked at the vet. If she is not pregnant again you can get her spayed right away.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if she is newly pregnant again, you may want to consider a spay. Poor girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Debzj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok..so yesterday the 24 th July 2018...my little Mingle gave birth to just one kitten...now the kitten. Seems settled but I'm worried Ming isn't producing milk...I've brought some kmr and I've tried feeding it to the kitten but it really stresses Ming out that I have her baby and she can't get to it..

Any advice?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you think that she isn’t producing milk? Can you weigh the kitten daily?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Debzj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't see any milk when I squeeze....so I'm just presuming there isn't much there but I'm hoping the baby can get it out...it's very tiny only weighs 2 and 3quarter ounces x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just because you can’t squeeze milk does not mean the kitten is not getting any.

You need to weigh in grams and the kitten needs to gain 6-10 grams or more per day.