Neutered Cat Having Erection

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's now almost 9 months old and was neutered 4 months ago, so his hormones should have settled by now but yesterday I saw that he had an erection while grooming himself. That's the first time I saw it and I'm concerned now that it might be an UTI.

Otherwise he's behaving fine. He eats like a starving person and only wet for the past couple of weeks, but even before that he didn't eat much dry (in the 6 months we had him he ate in total 4kg of dry).

Is there anything else that could indicate some infection? He has been a bit vocal and clingy in the past month, could that be an indication as well? Or is that still normal for a male, even though he's neutered?

I'm gonna bring him to the wet for a check-up soon anyway, but I would like to hear some opinions on this issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As long as it's not something serious, I don't mind him enjoying his alone-time :D

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewart was still up to mischief up to two years later. He's mostly calmed down now. Really likes fleece blankets. He's turning 7 in a few months. He tried to ask my stuffed Caticorn to be his lady friend a few months ago. We threw it in the wash.

SiameseMummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 3 year old neice came running to me absolutely distraught because there was a "stick" stuck into my male cat. I rushed into the room he was in with all sorts of worst case scenarios running through my mind.

Yup, just giving himself a thorough clean and was...uh...exposed!

Had to explain to my neice that he had to wash himself thoroughly! :lol:

Stinky15

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As long as he oisn't licking it excessively to the point where it is red and looks inflamed it is fine. Idf he is licking a lot he may be stopped up.