Neuter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lacarney014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone. It’s me again. Haha I went to the vet today & brought both my my cats in because they were throwing up & not eating
Much or going to the bathroom. They suggested to leave the cone on for another week. But they gave me the HILLS prescription diet to help them to not throw up anymore. & I’m curious if I should now switch to the prescription diet wet canned food or the science diet one? & if so can I feed them that Everyday? Or is it made just for when they are having the issues? I’m just trying to find the best cat food for them
Now. I’m not too worried about the price. I was feeding him the Iams cat food. If anyone knows a better wet food for me to feed them that would help. Thank you again

Lacarney014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone. It’s me again. Haha I went to the vet today & brought both my my cats in because they were throwing up & not eating
Much or going to the bathroom. They suggested to leave the cone on for another week. But they gave me the HILLS prescription diet to help them to not throw up anymore. & I’m curious if I should now switch to the prescription diet wet canned food or the science diet one? & if so can I feed them that Everyday? Or is it made just for when they are having the issues? I’m just trying to find the best cat food for them
Now. I’m not too worried about the price. I was feeding him the Iams cat food. If anyone knows a better wet food for me to feed them that would help. Thank you again
Also to add, he’s not really eating the prescription diet food tonight, or any of the dry food options I have for him. I am just worried about him cause I don’t want him to starve

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But they gave me the HILLS prescription diet to help them to not throw up anymore. & I’m curious if I should now switch to the prescription diet wet canned food or the science diet one? & if so can I feed them that Everyday? Or is it made just for when they are having the issues?
Can you double-check with the vet regarding whether they intend for it to be fed every day, and for how long?

Lacarney014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh okay thank you so much for the link. I will call my vet & see what they say. They gave me the two cans for a few days & said if it seems to work well to call for a prescription of more.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try a flat paper plate, that's another way to get a cat to eat, or try handfeeding him with a popsicle stick. :vibes::crossfingers: :goodluck:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Might sound weird/gross but sometimes the best way to get my guys to eat is to pick up a bit of food and hold it out for them. Personally find it is more successful than using a spoon or other tool.