Neuter

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I need an advice about my male cat who got neutered today.. My male cat is getting groggy and can't stand on it's own.. Our vet said it's normal that he will feel that way, but I'm concerned that is it okay to let him roam around? Because we lock him inside the cage so that he will be safe and can't get bumped if we will let him be.. But he wants to go out from the cage.. What will I do?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you can keep him in a bedroom or bathroom or somewhere with limited places for him to jump up on. How old is he? Kittens usually bounce back quick, but older cats can take a bit longer. Is he wearing a cone collar? If not keep a close eye on him.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its wise to let himbe there a coplw of hours. You perhaps have one kitten-safed room? Let him be there another 12 hours.

Usually they get an awakening antidote, but nor always full strengh on it. Karreeenna Karreeenna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think you can keep him in a bedroom or bathroom or somewhere with limited places for him to jump up on. How old is he? Kittens usually bounce back quick, but older cats can take a bit longer. Is he wearing a cone collar? If not keep a close eye on him.
I think he's 5 years old.. We just adapt him from the street so I'm not sure how old is he .. Yes we have a cone collar but I didn't let him wear it yet.. I will let him wear later.. How long will I let him wear a cone collar?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its probably not necessary for him to wear the cone collar, unless he licks on his parts excessively. Some licking is OK, and yes, he will lick some.
You see also if he seems to heal OK.

If he is ex homeless, he has surely good healing meat. He must have, otherwise he would perish alone outside in a few weeks.

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its wise to let himbe there a coplw of hours. You perhaps have one kitten-safed room? Let him be there another 12 hours.

Usually they get an awakening antidote, but nor always full strengh on it. Karreeenna Karreeenna
We let him free now cause he can stand and walk on it's own.. I let him wear a cone collar just what the other advice that's given to me.. But he can't stop walking around.. What should I do? I feel sorry for him that he can't sit still

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its probably not necessary for him to wear the cone collar, unless he licks on his parts excessively. Some licking is OK, and yes, he will lick some.
You see also if he seems to heal OK.

If he is ex homeless, he has surely good healing meat. He must have, otherwise he would perish alone outside in a few weeks.
Oh.. That's why he hate to wear the collar cone.. and he's not licking himself yet.. So I will remove the collar cone now cause his uncomfortable with it.. And yes he is an ex homeless cat..

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be sure to keep him away from your female for a month. He may still be fertile.