Neo's Fight Against Fatty Liver Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is a really late update cause it has been so hard for me to deal with...

Around 9:00 this morning we took Neo up to the vet to be put down, he had an incredibly hard night and was in so much pain. This morning he showed symptoms of Lymphoma in its crises stages. While we were waiting for them to get things ready he died in my arms. He died in pain because I wasn't ready to let him go and I caused him more suffering...
I completely understand how you feel. I am very sorry for your loss. I myself tried to keep Benji alive for 36 days and I think the last two days he was in pain too. He couldn't walk properly, he seemed like lost. Especially his last night he would go here and there trying to find somewhere to just die. The next morning I took him to the vet and put him to sleep. It was awful. Don't blameyourself for what or how everything happened. I am sure you loved and love your Neo so much. Sometimes it is unavoidable. Whatever we do is not enough. Benji lost half of his weight even though I spent hundreds of euros for the vet, blood tests, ultra sound, prescription food, insulin shoots and so much more. I spent almost a month with very few hours of sleep trying to syringe feed him, to clean him to do everything in my power but I didn't make it. It was his time to go. So don't feel guilty. Your sweet Neo will be thankful to you that you loved and tried to save him.

My thoughts are with you. Lots of love and warm hugs from me.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have just returned from my vacation and I am so upset to see this update. I am so so sorry for you. I cannot express to you how terrible I feel for you. If you are ready and want to reach out to other people that can help you cope with your loss, I recommend going and post about Neo there. Crossing the Bridge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CSSwifty07

Casper
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have just returned from my vacation and I am so upset to see this update. I am so so sorry for you. I cannot express to you how terrible I feel for you. If you are ready and want to reach out to other people that can help you cope with your loss, I recommend going and post about Neo there. Crossing the Bridge.
Thanks, It's really hard sometimes, I barely could bring myself to reopen this

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
This is sad news about Neo. We’ll close the thread now out of respect for your loss. We invite you to post a tribute, when and if you’re ready, to little Neo in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.