Negative tests, but something wrong with my sphynx cat's skin! HELP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toffifee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

Yes, i wrote this post few years ago.  It was food allergy. We made tests, and our veterinary said we need to avoid cat food what contains egg, salmon, and chicken. The last ingredient is the worse to avoid from. Everything contains chicken. :/ For 2 month we changed to dry food. To Hill´s d/d greenpea. She ate ONLY that. Nothing else. Her skin slowly start to renewing itself, and the allergy has gone. After 2 month she started to eat wet food, Bewital Bewi-cat Wild. This is a german food (and my cats eating the same for years). They eat that combo for years. Bewi-Cat Wild, Hill's d/d, or Hill's z/d. Allergy has gone. Mostly. When they feeling horny in spring time, and/or their immune system not working so well, it is always coming back. But not that often and not for long time.

kimt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
An old thread but hopefully my input may help.

I have had the same problem with my Sphynx.  He had a biopsy which tested positive for just about everything!

His food allergies are:

Soya Bean

Corn

Wheat

Rice

Potato

Carrot

Yeast

Oat

I was unable to find a cat food which did not contain at least one of the above and was advised by my vet to try and find a food with a protein and single carbohydrate.

The only food I was able to find was Wainwrights Grain Free Turkey with Sweet Potato.  Although they hate the taste of it, his skin has cleared up.

The vet has given me FUCIDERM GEL for any outbreaks.  

I also have to bath him once a week with MALACETIC shampoo which I have to apply, bundle him up and leave on for 5 minutes before washing off.