Need Suggestion For Keeping Away The Cats From My Garden!

LeaFahey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am a newbie on this forum and I need help friends. I love cats but recently, I have been suffering a tremendous trouble.

Actually I have an open garden and everyday I see they destroy something. Somewhere they make the place dirty, somewhere they destroy the saplings etc.

So I cant take it anyway. Could anyone please suggest what to do? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Are these cats strays, ferals, or neighborhood cats? What kind of garden do you have, and how large of a space is it? Knowing a few more details might help members come up with possible solutions.

In the meantime, maybe there are some ideas for you in this article.
How to keep stray cats away | The Humane Society of the United States

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The motion-activated sprinklers work very well! After one or two dousings, any self-respecting cat will take its business elsewhere. You can also spray the perimeter with citrus oil, although it will have to be done almost daily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeaFahey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The motion-activated sprinklers work very well! After one or two dousings, any self-respecting cat will take its business elsewhere. You can also spray the perimeter with citrus oil, although it will have to be done almost daily.
This is good idea, yes sprinklers is one of the best way to keep them away. Let see what happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I believe you can get adjustable ones, where you control the water pattern. That would be good if they aren't too expensive.