Need Small Kibbled Cat Food

cakekarma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I have a cat named Pipsqueak. She is one and a half years old and she is just TINY. She was no more than a popcorn fart when I found her with her brother when they were babies. He is a normal 9 pound catto and she just dusts the scales at 4 lbs.
Her mouth is pushed in (almost like a persian cat but not quite as smooshed) and it is no wider than my pinky nail.

All foods seemed to be too big for her. I feed them one wet meal a day and one dry meal a day. She doesn't seem to like pate food and I think she gets tired chewing down the soft chunks in the science diet wet food. Getting her to eat is a chore but she seems to like dry food a little bit more.
Any suggestions on healthy foods which have very small kibble sizes? we're talking smaller than the Science Diet Adult kibble. A size comparison would be amazing!

I want to encourage her to eat more. I am just not sure what else to do. I can't keep wet food out for her because the other cats eat it. I have a SureFeed feeder but even after two months she doesn't like it. She isn't afraid of it but it just doesn't interest her and she won't eat out of it.
received_10155660556629411-1~2.jpg
Thank you for your help and your time.

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she doesn't like pate, try mashing the bits in the wet food with a folk abd spreading it around the plate so its not in one place. You could place the dry food in a plastic bag and use something like a rolling pin to make it smaller. James Wellbeloved dry food is small, have a look at that for comparison.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello!

I have a cat named Pipsqueak. She is one and a half years old and she is just TINY. She was no more than a popcorn fart when I found her with her brother when they were babies. He is a normal 9 pound catto and she just dusts the scales at 4 lbs.
Her mouth is pushed in (almost like a persian cat but not quite as smooshed) and it is no wider than my pinky nail.

All foods seemed to be too big for her. I feed them one wet meal a day and one dry meal a day. She doesn't seem to like pate food and I think she gets tired chewing down the soft chunks in the science diet wet food. Getting her to eat is a chore but she seems to like dry food a little bit more.
Any suggestions on healthy foods which have very small kibble sizes? we're talking smaller than the Science Diet Adult kibble. A size comparison would be amazing!

I want to encourage her to eat more. I am just not sure what else to do. I can't keep wet food out for her because the other cats eat it. I have a SureFeed feeder but even after two months she doesn't like it. She isn't afraid of it but it just doesn't interest her and she won't eat out of it.
View attachment 275349
Thank you for your help and your time.
Only Natural Pet Food is awesome . My cats love it. The kitten formula is super tiny kibble . This may work for your kitty ..
Only Natural Pet Kitten Power Dinner Feline PowerFood

Young Again Pet Food also has a tiny bite kibble. This is also great food but my cats did not like this one.
This could also work for your kitty.
50/22 Lil Bites

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try some of the kitten dry foods. I just got two different ones for a skinny stray that just showed up and needed extra nutrition, and was amazed at how tiny they were. Since your little one doesn't have a problem with being overweight, she may benefit from the added calories and extra nutriotion found in them!

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
American Journey dry is pretty tiny. It's a little over half the size of Dr. Elsey kibble. I gave some to a kitten (no more than 2 months old) and it's mother (6 lbs max) and they had no problems eating it.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin Baby Cat has a very small kibble size and is very palatable for most cats.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to feed my first cat Petcurean's Now Fresh kibble. It was quite small and she liked it a lot. I think it comes in a kitten, adult and senior version and is grain free. They also have coupons available on their website I think for $5 off.

You might be able to get some samples of different foods at your locally owned pet store if you ask.

Pipsqueak is so pretty! Let us know if you find a good food she likes and will eat.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You could also use a freeze dried food as then you could crush it up easily into whatever size you like

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to suggest kitten kibble.

Also though not healthy my kittens love the lil soups.

What if you fed her something like fancy feast gravy lovers or some morsel wet food in a pouch. (Just be aware your cat's will not go back to healthy food after eating the tasty junk wet food. (I'm currently mixing the little soup into his pate to get him to eat his pate.)