need help with my cats

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had these two cats (brother/sister) since they were a few days old. bottle fed them, raised them to now (4.5 years) and everything is fine.

They cuddled, slept together, stood together and looked out the window together.. everything.

They have never had even a squabble. never heard either cat hiss or any aggressive stuff of any kind.

Starting yesterday, Tinker is terrified of wilbur now. she hides under the bed all day. then she'll sneak out slowly and cower... the moment wilbur walks by, she hisses, cowers then runs under the bed.

I'm a little strapped on room here. my mother (who I stay with to take care of) is allergic to cats, so I have to keep them in my room which is also my office.

I don't know what to do.

any suggestions?

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
That is strange. I've seen all of your pics of them cuddling.

If it doesn't resolve itself in a day or so, maybe try separating them (you could put one of them in a bigger carrier with a blanket over it) then after awhile, try reintroducing them slowly using tings like a dab of vanilla on each so they smell the same.

It might also be worth a vet visit if it doesn't even out - she could be being touchier with him because she's not feeling well. My parents' old cat, Tiffany, used to get nasty with her brother when she had a UTI.

Good luck. Hopefully they can get it sorted out.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I could be that she's smelling your feral (such a cutie, btw) and misdirecting her discomfort at Wilbur. Have you tried Feliway with Tinker before? It might help calm her down a bit.