Need help with my cat, Scrappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When they are 8weeks old or weened we will give them away. And we will get her spayed when we get our other cat fixed.
Sounds good. So earliest at 8 weeks, even if they seems weaned before the day.   Also, make sure they come to decently good homes. Ie you either know the persons, or take at least 20 dollars apiece - this is screening off the worst weirdos.

"A kitten for free to a good home" is very dangerous for that kitten.  Very dangerous.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To post a pic, this box I am typing in now, has a row above it with icons, on the right side scroll your mouse over the 10th square and it will say insert image.

Click that and then upload photos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does she have to be wet to indicate that her water broke

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am on a phone but in desktop moad and i went to do that and it said error posting pic

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
O ok also could there be dried up blood like little balls of I found two it looked resent cause I have to leave soon and I want to be there she she haves them any ideas when she have them she breathing quick and her stomach is moving a little

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one can tell you when she's going to have them. Blood is not normal. How much blood was there?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is really no way for us to know since we can't see her.

Can your parents take her to the vet just for a checkup tomorrow if she has not had the kittens by then?

The cost would just be an exam. No shots or procedures. A checkup should not be much. A checkup would answer most of your questions. I feel concerned about your cat.

She may be laboring unproductively, in which case she may need help. I'm worried because this has been going on for awhile with no kittens. A vet could tell you if she is okay.

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do think she is in labor, I wouldn't be worried about a very small amt of blood, sometimes it comes along with the discharge prior to giving birth.

I would however not want to leave her alone at this point, no telling if it will be in an hour or in 4 hours, but if you are not there and she doesn't tear a sac open and get a baby breathing soon enough, or doesn't chew cords and they will tangle together, or one gets stuck, she or a baby will be in big trouble and you risk losing kittens.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not much as i said 2little balls the size of half piece of catfood

tiger91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The snall drops of blood could just be her plug but if it is just pure blood and no mucus please be vigilant and get her to a vet. This happened to my cat on thursday. She was not pushing and started having very small amounts of blood. She needed an emergency Caesarean. I dont mean to scare you but she needs to be watched especially if shes bleeding.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It may have been a mucus plug but does that come before or after her water breaking and what is a caesarean

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The plug comes first.

A Caesarian is better known as a C-section. This is when the vet must open the cat's tummy and uterus to get the kittens out because the mom is unable to deliver the kittens herself through her birth canal and vagina.

We are worried that your cat may need a C-section soon. This is why I was hoping she could be seen by a vet for an exam to know if her situation is okay or not.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like I said I can't afford it and does it come before her water breaks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Like I said, the plug comes first, but you may not see it. Some cats ingest it.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you cannot take her to the vet and she is in trouble she could lose all the kittens or she could die. This is why we are recommending that you at least speak to a vet.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I called yesterday and they said she would be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you call any family members whose cats have had litters and ask them to come and look at her?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did you say when you spoke to them yesterday? Just wondering if the situation has changed some since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.