Need help with my cat, Scrappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very beautiful.

Make sure you keep her in after she has the kittens.  She can go into heat and get pregnant again as soon as a week after giving birth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't I have to put her outside anyway when I woke up at 4:48 this morning and went to get some drink I heard her meowing but it sounded deeper I have never heard it before is she having them

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was eating again but when she moves she grunts and then she lick the base of her tail she is not wet though

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you considered rehoming your cat? If she has to live outside a have litter after litter I wonder if it might be happier for both of you if she had a different home.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WE NOT GET RID OF HER.

Last edited by a moderator:

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And it only her second litter my aunt and cousins have cats that have had more than 4 so u can't say that I just wanted to know if she was about to have them

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mean to offend you or make you defensive, and cats are certainly biologically capable of having more litters of kittens.  However, I am recommending you to think about the life she has.  It's a hard life if she's living outside and getting pregnant and only inside to have kittens in a cage.  Is she vaccinated?  What do you do with the kittens once she has them?  I'm sure you love your cat, but I'm just saying there are ways to enjoy your life together more.  She can get very sick by having multiple litters.

Hoping others can weigh in, too.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I havent read the whole thread very closely - I saw you had good advising persons attending - but we as a rule DO recommend spaying / neutering, unless you are an active breeder.  So yeah, I do agree with TalkingPeanut, without wanting to offend anyone.

I will return later in the evening.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When they are 8weeks old or weened we will give them away. And we will get her spayed when we get our other cat fixed.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She does this though and holds her tail as if In heat is she about to have them.

She keeps going to the litterbox is this normal she keeps taking a number 2.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Everything sounds normal to me. She is cleaning out her system before she has them. It sounds like she may have them soon.

You will need to get the cat spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

Will she live in the basement with her kittens until they are rehomed?

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a nest of blankets set up in her cage? If she has nowhere that she feels comfortable she may try to have them in the litter box. This is not good for obvious reasons.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She will stay in basement till all the kittens are gone and I have a huge blanket there as well if u tell me how to post pic agin I will and do u know how soon I have to go with my mom to her Christmas dinner at work at 5 and I don't want to miss it

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is no way for us to know where she is in her labor at this point. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm glad you will be able to keep her in the basement with her kittens. It is best, and then she will not get out to get pregnant again before she is spayed.

In which state do you live?

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why and all she wants to do now is sleep and for me to rub her stomach and she keeps giving herself a bath

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How can u be sure she is not pushing and if it is it when should kittens appear

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you read some articles on this site about cats having kittens? Labor is a long process that can take hours or days. It is her body preparing for the birth - labor and birth are different. This is what she is going through now. There is no way to tell how soon she will give birth.

She should not be actively pushing without a kitten coming out for more than half an hour. If that happens she needs to go to the emergency vet.

scrappy101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If her water broke could she be dry

Status
Not open for further replies.