Need Help Trapping Cat

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The good news is that I have located my missing feral cat, Fright Nite. The bad news is that I set the trap incorrectly, so it closed but didn't lock. Now he won't go in, even though it has mackerel and sardines. He just sits and stares at trap. This is Day 2 of Operation Cat Trap. Any advice would be very appreciated!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Can you cover the trap with a towel or blanket and leave a few pieces of food trail near the entrance of the cage leading to more food inside the cage?

I suspect that like what other posters mentioned in your other posts that the cage door closed after he gotten in and took the food and came out and the sound of the door snapping close probably could have freaked him out and now he is weary of the cage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Tabbytom. I have the trap covered with a towel, but maybe could cover it more. I have the food trail going already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I trapped the cat. And it wasn't Fright Nite, after all. : (

ParentsOMooch

Mooches Parents
Kitten
Purraise
The good news is that I have located my missing feral cat, Fright Nite. The bad news is that I set the trap incorrectly, so it closed but didn't lock. Now he won't go in, even though it has mackerel and sardines. He just sits and stares at trap. This is Day 2 of Operation Cat Trap. Any advice would be very appreciated!
For 2 years we couldn't trap the head male feral cat we call "chaddy pants", whom owes a lot of back and current kitten support to us ;) lol.
That was until last evening. Doing a major happy dance today.
We used KFC original recipe drumstick and this morning we had him.
Going to vet Monday for a neuter, rabies, and look over and releasing him Monday night.
Try only feeding dry cat food ONLY (enough to keep cat coming to feed) in 1/2 cup or less quantities for a few nights then go buy yourself and yours some KFC and set drumstick in trap and you'll be doing a happy dance then please make sure to pass it along lol.
Good luck