Need Help To Identify Kitten Toy

jarnott

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Our kitten, Nigel, is obsessed with his toy and it is wearing out rapidly. When it goes missing he becomes very sad. We are concerned that when it wears out, he will be devastated. Unfortunately the label is rather threadbare. Please help us identify it so we can get him another one.

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jarnott

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nigel's toy - it is filled with plastic that "crinkles" when squeezed.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a loofa dog catnip toy, if you want to google that. It seems to not be in production anymore, but if you dig deep you might be able to find a place that has old stock.

I'll recommend the Kong small cat toys as a replacement, or the Yeowww! Catnip toys.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to tell you, Nigel is very handsome! :redheartpump:

I love this thread, and I hope you can find a toy replacement so that Nigel's favorite toy can be saved in a Toy Time Capsule in your house. What happy and fond memories, for Nigel and his toy!

I saw that on Amazon, there might be some potential replacements:
https://www.amazon.com/loofa-cat-toy/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:loofa cat toy

You could even get a dog version of the toy, split a seam open and fill it with catnip, then sew it back up.

:goodluck:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All the best of luck to you, I know EXACTLY what you're going through!
--It took several years, we finally found our boy's toy on a retro/classic cat toy website catsnus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jarnott

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your informative replies - It looks very much like the Loofa toys on the web. Nigel's toy is only about 3" long, it has no catnip and crinkles. I have found something similar at | dogma - life, with your pet.- Baltimore, MD.
Loofa Cat Toy1.jpg

I will visit the store tonight as it is only about 10 minutes from my home (what a coincidence!). I hope that:
a) This is the toy that I am looking for, and
b) If it is, that Nigel will like it......

I love you all :) :) :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Good luck finding the right one. :goodluck: We've got to do everything we can to make the fur-kids happy, right? :lol: