Need Help Asap Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nawilson8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will keep everyone updated. And if nothing else I now have kitty formula to donate to the vet or a local animal rescue! Prayers appreciated for this little guy. If he makes it he is going to need an amazing name!!!

nawilson8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: kitten could be heard nursing throughout the night, or it certainly sounded like it. Mama cat was purring throughout the night.
Still wish I knew what happened to the other 4 kitties. Why they all didn't make it?!?!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes that is just how it is meant to be. They could have been sickly, she may have pushed them away. She is just a baby herself, having babies is hard on her young body. I hope you keep this girl inside until you can have her spayed, she can get pregnant almost right away if she goes back out.

It would still be a good idea to have them seen by a vet soon. If not now than when the kitten is 8 weeks and you can start vaccines. The mom will need tested for FIV/FeLV bc since she was allowed outside to mate with a random cat, there is no way to know if she picked up any diseases doing so. If she did pick something up it could be passed down to the kittens. Another reason the kittens may not have made it. Or if she isn't vaccinated and she was living outdoors, that is a huge risk as well. Her and the kitten probably both have intestinal parasites that will need treated per the results of a fecal sample the vet can test. Plus if she hasn't been on flea prevention she could have fleas and with that comes tapeworms. So much to think about! If you keep the little guy he will need neutered too don't forget. Good luck!!

nawilson8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was treated with flea medicine regularly. She was also treated with deworming medicine and I have tape worn medicine for her as well. She and baby are inside for now. Will keep them inside until baby is healthier and happy. She will be getting fixed for sure!! Unfortunately she will be returning back outside to the barn as we live on a farm and our cats are a necessity!! They have a safe, warm, dry place to live, food, water etc. And we try our best to care for them as we do all of animals!! While she is inside she is stuck in a small bedroom due to having 2 children quite allergic. So that stinks for her! She is used to being able to roam. She is friendly and loving and greets us daily when we pull in the drive and follows us all around outside, like a dog LOL. I really hope this kitty makes it. If he does he will also be getting neutered as well!! I pray it all works out!
Thank you for your advice.

nawilson8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still alive and doing good. I called and talked to my vet to schedule and she said no need to bring them in right now. Said it could have been a multitude of reasons the others passed. Such things like congenital defects, a young mama not knowing how to care for so many kittens etc. She have me worming instructions and medicine I picked up for the kitten.
He doesn't cry, he is starting to try and move around some, eyes are still closed. He seems to be nursing good, he refuses a bottle from me. I wish Mama stayed with him more than she does, she always wants to be with us! But she she checks on him if he makes a sound or if we mess with him. And she keeps moving him out of the whelping box and into a corner under my daughter's bed. So we have given up and let him stay there. I guess that is where she feels he is secure??

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Still alive and doing good. I called and talked to my vet to schedule and she said no need to bring them in right now. Said it could have been a multitude of reasons the others passed. Such things like congenital defects, a young mama not knowing how to care for so many kittens etc. She have me worming instructions and medicine I picked up for the kitten.
He doesn't cry, he is starting to try and move around some, eyes are still closed. He seems to be nursing good, he refuses a bottle from me. I wish Mama stayed with him more than she does, she always wants to be with us! But she she checks on him if he makes a sound or if we mess with him. And she keeps moving him out of the whelping box and into a corner under my daughter's bed. So we have given up and let him stay there. I guess that is where she feels he is secure??

This is fantastic news!

I wanted to add that she may start moving him more when he is about three weeks of age, so just be careful where you step.