Need Good Vibes Please!

rayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its almost 3am, Bubba was at the vet earlier today for his swollen nose. We are now at the er vet, about 9pm he started going in and out of the litterbox, i really didnt think that too strange, to be honest. Hubby woke me at 1230, he couldn't pee! He was squatting just about everwhere, trying but little would come out and it was bloody. He started vomiting amd yowling, you could tell all he wanted to do was to be able to go pee :(
We immediately phoned the er vet and they got us in right away, they have him on pain meds, we haven't seen him for 2 hours since they took him back...i worried sick!!!

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:vibes:Coming in fast and strong!! Sounds like you acted quickly and that alone could prove to be of great significance in getting your furry friend back feeling his best. :grouphug2:

Hang in there and keep us posted! Rooting for Bubba! :crossfingers:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
rayne rayne , good that you got Bubba in to ER without delay. Hope that he'll be much better after the this.

Sending both of you :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Yes, keep us posted :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor Guy has had a really rough day. Its A few minutes before 5am and we are finally home. We have prazosin, amox/clav, bupe and cosequin. He has a bladder infection, vet says the likely cause is stress from earlier today ( yesterday technically ). Thank you for the good vibes, i was beyond stressed and worried sick, as he was trying to pee, yowling and what little came out was blood. Vet said his bladder was actually empty, and that his vitals were good, it just took a long time because to get a urine sample they had to wait for the sub-q.
Just so happy he's home! And he's happy that he finally got the blue sparkly bandaid from the iv off :)
20170630_043802.jpg

rayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
how long do you think is normal for him not to go pee? vet said i had to keep an eye out in case he gets a blockage for the next few days, he has had some water since he got back and tried a couple times, but nothing...Its only been 2 hours since we got back from the er vet, just not sure when i need to start worrying?

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're having such a worrisome day. My boy had crystals and didn't pee for an entire day and he let me know he was having trouble.

In your case, does he have crystals too?

He's probably tuckered out from all the excitement of being poked and probed. I would keep an eye on his behavior but if he doesn't go after or soon after eating and drinking, call the vet back.

Don't ever think you're bugging your vet with questions, it's your right.

Best of luck. I hope you keep us updated.

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how long do you think is normal for him not to go pee? vet said i had to keep an eye out in case he gets a blockage for the next few days, he has had some water since he got back and tried a couple times, but nothing...Its only been 2 hours since we got back from the er vet, just not sure when i need to start worrying?
How's he doing? The Prazosin should help relax his muscles to allow him to urinate more freely but sometimes it takes a while to kick in.

Is he eating? If he eats dry food get him off it ASAP. Give canned wet food and add some water to it. He needs to drink water. Go for low-carb wet food.

He's a beautiful kitty!! Sending smooches and positive vibes!! (My cat once had a urinary blockage. The wet food really helped!)

darkhorse321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try to give him lots of water---flavor it even. Bladder infections suck!! They make you feel like you have to pee all the time. Hopefully he will improve with medication! ALso, look into a low ash diet so that reduces the chance of crystals.

rayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is finally on the mend, what a stressful few days he has had. He did not have crystals or stones, they think it was actually caused by stress ( probably the earlier vet visit that day...poor thing is super chill at at home, but the minute the carrier comes out he starts panicking..and then in the carrier, he will self injure trying to get out of it, pant, pee, etc ).

He had us so scared!
He seems to be drinking normally and using the litter box without straining now. Vet says we have to continue to monitor him to watch for any blockage.
He finished up his Prazosin, but still has some time on his Clavamox, he actually has been turning his nose up at wet food the past month or so and seems to prefer his dry food, he will have a couple of bites of the wet and I do water it down to make sure he is getting enough water ( he does drink his water as well ), Right now he is on prescription z/d for his allergies, so i dont want to mess with his food to much right now, until we can get his allergy issue a bit more under control.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and well wishes!