Need Advice

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 2-year Oreo vomited about 2 hours later after his morning meal yesterday. The output were all undigested meat. (He is on raw diet and this is one pack of the same batch that he is taking for the past week.) Subsequently he vomited 3-4 times of white foam liquid. I let him rest thinking he could have stomach upset. Evening meal he didn’t touch. He did his usual pee and nice poo.
Although not his usual self, He did some respond to me, walked here and there and jumped up counter. In the middle of night he did vomit 2 times of white foam liquid. This morning He rejected his morning meal. I put about 15g of Ciao treats on the nose so he licked them, but vomited out within 10mins.

I managed to book an appointment with vet in the afternoon. I just came back from my morning work and tried offering him food. Surprisingly he took some of the food by himself....I was relieved, now monitoring him that he don’t vomit the food he has just taken. I just called to cancel my vet appointments.

Just want to ask am I doing the right thing by cancel the apptm n monitor that he will soon recover by himself? Any advice is greatly appreciated? I was worried that he refused and should not wait till 48hrs (or 72hrs) for any risk of fatty liver and dehydration. Thank you.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I think that since you had an appointment, it would be nice to have Oreo checked by the vet.
Maybe it was just nothing, but I would like to listen to it by a vet and not because I am thinking so.