Need Advice/moral Support For Our Rescue

MegAH2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you are awesome! She sounds like she is fitting in well. I trapped one at 4 months old, who had a bloody tail, and it took me feeding him and sleeping by his cage for him to not be angry with me.. a few months later, he would hide under a blanket and I would give him kisses through the blanket.. it's evolved into him letting me touch him (and I can literally hold him any way I want). No one else really can though. I think you caught your little kitten in time that she may be super sweet with everyone! Make sure you handle her a lot!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just came across your wonderful story. Miry is going to have a fabulous life with you and bring you so much joy! :catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am proud to announce that Miry's face and booty have completely healed!! She's coming along good and acclimating very well to our household. Chloe and Miry have become playmates under continued supervision and my children all adore her. She's eating way better and seems to enjoy her wet food and kibble with equal amounts of enthusiasm. Now that she has supervised access to the rest of the house she runs all over the place until she's exhausted then plops her self on my bed for a rest, or under the bed if she wants "me" time.

She's still a bit lean, but I'm confident I'll get her weight up to healthy proportions with lots of yummy wet food and kibbles and of course, lots of love.

Attaching her nap pictures from today. Trying to catch a good pic when she's awake has proven impossible at this point. :hyper:

Thank you everyone for continuing to wander with Miry and I on our new journey.

0713171511.jpg
0713171505-1.jpg
0713171507-1.jpg

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad she's healed an doing well. You are doing great by her and will get the weight put on. And just when you think she's at a perfect weight and can cut down the food a bit, she will have a growth spurt and it will start all over with upping her food.

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so glad she's healed an doing well. You are doing great by her and will get the weight put on. And just when you think she's at a perfect weight and can cut down the food a bit, she will have a growth spurt and it will start all over with upping her food.
Thank you kashmir64 kashmir64 . She's a fascinating little kitten and I'm extremely happy to have her with us. She has the cutest little jelly bean paw pads. This has definitely been an awesome experience so far. I can't believe how attached I've become to her in such a short period of time.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you kashmir64 kashmir64 . She's a fascinating little kitten and I'm extremely happy to have her with us. She has the cutest little jelly bean paw pads. This has definitely been an awesome experience so far. I can't believe how attached I've become to her in such a short period of time.
I could only imagine her fate had you not stopped and picked her up. Thank You, Thank You, a million times Thank You for doing right by Miry. I wish the very best that life has to offer to you and your wonderful family.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! She's so adorable. :lovecat3: Thanks for the update and for sharing the precious pictures of her.

aznasplace

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone. She really is a sweetheart. She doesn't quite require around the clock care, but she does enjoy playing with her jingle ball at 2am. She's way more active today and I was awoken at 5am by a friendly boop on my nose and her peering at me with interest right next to my face. She also thinks herself quite the hunter, as she attacks feet and toes with fervor from under my bed.

It's so funny because my neighbor across the street always tried to give me a kitten (his cats multiply frequently every year), and while I've always thought them beautiful and super amazing, I've always just been an admirer. No real interactions with them in over 20 years.

I can't imagine life without little Miry, though, even though it's only been a couple of days. She's definitely wrapped herself around my heart. As for my husband, he comes off as a rugged tough guy, but Miry wasn't impressed so she curled up in his lap and went to sleep. It's safe to say she's found a home for life!!
Hi. I'm a caregiver for a colony of feral cats. You are in for a great experience! Thanks for saving Miracle. I once had a feral kitten named Miracle. One thing concerned me... Your neighbor letting his cats breed several times a year. Euthanasia in shelters is the leading cause of death for cats in The United States. About 75% of shelter cats are killed. Feral cats 100% because they are deemed unadoptable. I have an orphan orange tabby kitten that looks about the same age. Ariel was about 7-10 days old when he came to me May 6, 2017. Your Miracle looks like an April baby. Thank you for your compassion for Miracle. I too was once a dog person, until the neighborhood became home to many ferals. I have LOTS of cats. Six are indoor only- I take them out daily. Others are indoor/outdoor cats. Feral adults who have come to trust us. Rebecca lived on the windowsill for two years before she was confident enough to come in. You are going to be a great cat mom. Miracle may want a companion cat. Maybe a home for one of the neighbor's kittens. I wish there was some way to get your neighbor's cats spayed. I usually have mine done around four months. Cats don't release their eggs until AFTER mating, so they will continue to come into estrus over and over until pregnant or spayed. They can get out and back in without you even knowing. God Bless You for stopping. Too many people would drive past without a second thought.

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. I'm a caregiver for a colony of feral cats. You are in for a great experience! Thanks for saving Miracle. I once had a feral kitten named Miracle. One thing concerned me... Your neighbor letting his cats breed several times a year. Euthanasia in shelters is the leading cause of death for cats in The United States. About 75% of shelter cats are killed. Feral cats 100% because they are deemed unadoptable. I have an orphan orange tabby kitten that looks about the same age. Ariel was about 7-10 days old when he came to me May 6, 2017. Your Miracle looks like an April baby. Thank you for your compassion for Miracle. I too was once a dog person, until the neighborhood became home to many ferals. I have LOTS of cats. Six are indoor only- I take them out daily. Others are indoor/outdoor cats. Feral adults who have come to trust us. Rebecca lived on the windowsill for two years before she was confident enough to come in. You are going to be a great cat mom. Miracle may want a companion cat. Maybe a home for one of the neighbor's kittens. I wish there was some way to get your neighbor's cats spayed. I usually have mine done around four months. Cats don't release their eggs until AFTER mating, so they will continue to come into estrus over and over until pregnant or spayed. They can get out and back in without you even knowing. God Bless You for stopping. Too many people would drive past without a second thought.
Hi A aznasplace . Honestly, if I had my way, the cats from my neighbors would have all been scooped up taken to a safe place and spayed/neutered when we first moved here. My mother in law lives a few houses down and started feeding some of the strays/ferals that kept ending up in their yard because she doesn't like to see any animal or human go hungry. She's highly allergic to cats so bringing one or two in the home isn't an option. We live in a small town and from what I've read, no TNR programs are within a reasonable distance range. Our few rescues are over populated and under funded and at this time no one is taking additional animals, cats in particular. Our local shelter is over populated, under funded and considered high kill. It's really sad because there really isn't a lot of good options with good outcomes.

I took Miry because I couldn't just leave her there. To survive trying to cross a super busy extremely fast highway....she didn't make it all the way across, we pulled off on the fast lane into the grassy median; so she still would have had two more lanes to go if we hadn't stopped. We had to take her with us, and seeing her injured, we had to get her to a vet. When we got to the vet/rescue hospital, they were willing to take her but they were filled to the max already with kittens and I just couldn't let her go; not knowing if she was going to survive, or if she was going to be placed in a good home. Holding her during the drive there; her life became important to me....so here we are, together.

As sad and frustrated as I am about the amount of feral/stray cats in our county, and especially with my neighbor; the sad truth is, I can't afford to save them all like I would want to. I can't get them spayed and neutered on my own funds when I'm trying to make sure my children and pets are being safely and properly cared for. I can't even seem to get my neighbors to understand their own irresponsibility.

So far Miry's medical care has cost us $250 with another visit coming up next Monday. She's also to be scheduled for her spay and microchip within the next couple weeks. Shoot, I didn't realize kitties were so expensive! The toys, a decent food (wet and kibble), and saving up for a nice kitty tree while also juggling a dog, 3 kids, and human bills but I'm also budgeting for upcoming vet bills that I wasn't planning on until Miry came into our life.

Eventually I'd love for Miry to have a kitty friend, but for now, she's enjoying her basset buddy, Chloe and well loved by our family. Miry became family the moment I held her. It's no longer a rescue, or a stray, or even "just a kitty". She's just....family.

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh one last thing... Miry update:

She's doing fabulous. Even my husband isn't immune to her awesomeness. :lovecat4:

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Miry in her favorite nap-perch. My husband's lap while he watches tv and relaxes in the recliner. I told you he wasn't immune....;)
0715171902-1-1.jpg
0715171906-1-1.jpg

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, it happened. I was finally able to get some decent pictures of Miry awake while she was playing on her ramp this morning. She's full of energy; even at 2am when I'd rather be sleeping. She likes to sleep a lot in the afternoon though, but hopefully as she gets older we'll find a happy medium for our sleep/play arrangements.

She is definitely my little good ball.:lovecat:
0718171044a-1.jpg
0718171046-1.jpg

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a cutie-pie little face...and those big ears! Thank you for sharing Miry with us. :lovecat3: