Nebulizer Recommendations

GinaN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The FIV+ kitty I'm fostering has a URI, and the vet recommended a nebulizer.

Can anyone recommend one? (I know I can make my own, but would rather just buy something because that way I can just order it.)

Thank you!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any nebulizer would do.
I have bought two in my life. The first one lasted for years until it broke, the other one was used only a year.
My cat had to get a session of nebulizer once a day, and she had been getting it for 5 years.
Just buy one that isn't too noisy. Have them turned on at the shop and check them with your ears.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our last cat, Miss Neely, came down with a URI shortly after we adopted her. The shelter we rescued her from sent us to a vet they had a contract with and paid for all her nebulizer treatments. I brought her to the vet every day for nearly a month. That way they were able to treat and monitor her progress. I don't know if this is an option for you but it worked out very well for us. Best of luck, please keep us posted. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GinaN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any nebulizer would do.
I have bought two in my life. The first one lasted for years until it broke, the other one was used only a year.
My cat had to get a session of nebulizer once a day, and she had been getting it for 5 years.
Just buy one that isn't too noisy. Have them turned on at the shop and check them with your ears.
Thanks Antonio.

My local supermarket pharmacy carried one, and Walmart pharmacy carried a few. But of course I couldn't test them...so I took a few pictures of their model #s and will do a little research to see if I can learn something about their "quietness."

There's a medical supply store too not too far from here, maybe they have some on display, I'll call and find out. If they don't I'll just get one of these.

GinaN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our last cat, Miss Neely, came down with a URI shortly after we adopted her. The shelter we rescued her from sent us to a vet they had a contract with and paid for all her nebulizer treatments. I brought her to the vet every day for nearly a month. That way they were able to treat and monitor her progress. I don't know if this is an option for you but it worked out very well for us. Best of luck, please keep us posted. :alright:
Thanks Neely. How awesome that your kitty was able to get nebulizer treatments at no cost. We rescued a kitten last year who turned out to be very sick, and one of the things the vet had us do (they charged us though) is bring him in for nebulizing treatments...we did that for about a week, sometimes twice a day, and then with different medicines...he didn't make it, even though at first it seemed to be really helping him. :frown:

I'm not a "regular" foster in the sense that I am not working with any rescue group, so definitely no chance of getting help with paying for nebulizing treatments.

I like the idea of having one at home anyway, the air is so dry in this house.

Thanks again. :)

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Antonio.

My local supermarket pharmacy carried one, and Walmart pharmacy carried a few. But of course I couldn't test them...so I took a few pictures of their model #s and will do a little research to see if I can learn something about their "quietness."

There's a medical supply store too not too far from here, maybe they have some on display, I'll call and find out. If they don't I'll just get one of these.
Over here a good nebulizer costs between 30 and 40 euro.
I'm telling you so that you can be oriented in the purchasing :)

GinaN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Over here a good nebulizer costs between 30 and 40 euro.
I'm telling you so that you can be oriented in the purchasing :)
Yes, that seems to be about the range here too.

Thanks again Antonio.