Neat little story about two cats

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Long ago we had a Maine Coon, Squeak (her pic is here in another thread) who jumped onto the stove and burnt her paw a bit, Months later we got a few-months-old Russian Blue we called Plato and one day Plato jumped up to the stove, but Squeak yelled (yowled?) at him and gave him a push away from the element. Almost gave her a medal for that one. It was very clear she warned him off and he never did it again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Might as well mention that Plato was also special (they all are of course) and would walk outside with me (resid. street/park down the block) and no leash, so we went lots of interesting places within a few sq. blocks. I miss him ... at least as much as all the others to be fair, but sometimes a little more. Once he got his nose stung by a bee and it just killed me waiting for him to recover - in a few minutes, but it felt so long! Once someone's wolf mix dog came along and wanted to get at him, but while it had me plastered up against a low rock wall, it couldn't get at Plato, who'd jumped up to the higher part of the wall and just looked down at the creature who thankfully took off in a few minutes.

Last edited:

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could someone please tell me (I'm still pretty new here) why my orig. note re Squeak's stove warning was moved to another forum (which one plse?) as I don't yet know the rules and don't want to mess up.;)
Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did I make a big faux pas here? Thx - not sure of the rules re doing this.

Last edited: