Nearing The End... Go Out With A Bang?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Baby Girl, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever, and are mourned by more people than ever you knew existed. Never forgotten.

I am so, so sorry. She wasand is, a Warrior Princess. Love does not die, you know, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. She is with you still.

It is so human to fear loss, and withdraw in times like this, but I promise you that in the end, the joy of having is worth the pain of loss. And nothing takes our memories away. Nor do those we love ever truly leave us. The best part of them, the Love we shared, stays with us always.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
I had just posted this in another thread I have (the one titled Rant: I have failed...) but it seems more suited to here:
------------
I myself am still in shock over losing my cat, when I am in the room that we spent her final ~2 months in, I look at the areas she rested and miss her. It feels like she is just on vacation and I didn't just hold her lifeless body after they injected her a few days ago.

I feel beyond dead inside. Like a walking zombie. I am afraid of what I will do when I run out of things to do. Right now I downloaded a lot of tv shows and binge watch them along side playing video games when I am at home. Unfortunately all of the end of life care beyond drained my bank so I have no money to buy any new games or go anywhere... I am really afraid of my thoughts when I get bored. I already had a taste of them a few times. I can only distract myself for so long. I even took down the picture of her I had at my workdesk.
-----
An update on my other kitties, after a few hours of him scratching my door I eventually let him in and my other kitties soon followed.

They keep me company at night and try to snuggle with me. They must feel the heart break and pain I am in.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, it is literally one day at a time. Time is the only thing that helps. Use those little ones you have with you now to distract yourself, concentrate on them, they are grieving too, and feel they have lost you too . They need you more than ever now. I'm sure you feel you can't let them into your heart, but that is exactly what your heart needs right now, to feel something, anything..... You are definitely not alone in feeling what you do, I was there too, and it took me a long time to feel anything again. There is one saying that is oh so true-The world keeps on turning, and eventually we must join it or be left behind. And even though you feel isolated right now, you are not alone, there are others who love you, and then us, who understand and will help in any way, because we have stood in your shoes.
I found that going to my local shelter and donating time helped, it keeps you busy and is such a comfort to all those little ones who so desperately need to feel love in their lives. Visit a nursing home and talk to those who are forgotten.
Please don't make your little one's death more important than her life. Her life was infinitely more valued and important. Don't let this kill your own spirit, I know your little one would never want to be the reason for that. Just as you wouldn't want it for her if you were the first to go. It's hard, it was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. Grieving is an intensely personal situation you find yourself in, but to do it alone just makes it even more painful, prolonging the healing until it becomes unbearable. You have to force yourself to feel alive again, don't ever let death win. In a way, your world has ended as you know it, but like the dawn of every day there is light on the horizon, it just takes one day at a time.......

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
To add to di and bob di and bob 's excellent suggestions, if you're up for it there are parks and libraries, and museums have free days.

There are creature webcams including hummingbirds and eagles on YouTube, ustream and raptorresource . org, as well as explore . org.

There is a lot of nesting, hatching and fledging going on, along with many other webcams of all sorts of animals and various things.

I apologize if this is duplicate information or that you're already familiar, but maybe this will help;

Grieving

Last edited: