Nature’s Variety Pride By Instinct Grain-free Being Discontinued

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cat likes Pride by Instinct canned cat foods, stock up now while you can -- it seems that that line is being discontinued.

For the third time now in the past few months, I've heard that that line will soon be gone.
Mentioned here,
Today’s best cat foods–reviews of canned and raw options

and here,
NV Pride alternative | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB
and now my local independent store doesn't have my cat's favorites on its store shelves anymore. (We use a few flavors in my cat's food rotation.) So, yep, the lack of "Pride by Instinct" is hitting the smaller, independent pet food stores' shelves as I type... so it's becoming a real thing.

You can still find the line at Chewy-dot-com, and maybe some other online sources (I haven't tried amazon), as they have bigger warehouses and more stock. It might be some months before they run out. But when that's gone, it's gone. I loaded up on my cat's faves, Rockstar's Rabbit and Daredevil's Duck. Usually the expiry dates are about two years out, so you can get a supply that covers the next year or two for your kitty.

The line is only about 5 years old anyway. It had a short run. Maybe they will come out with a different line.

Good luck! :goodluck:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call or email their customer service and they can confirm and possibly tell you who it's been distributed to in your area, even if their stock might be gone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info. My Lokhi loves the rabbit minced. I haven't been buying the Pride cans but instead the cups Instinct by Nature's Variety Grain-Free Minced Recipe with Real Rabbit Wet Cat Food Cups, 3.5-oz, case of 12 - Chewy.com which I think is the same as the Pride line.
Hopefully, the cups are sticking around.
You're welcome.

I'm not sure if the cups are discontinued (I don't think so?) --

There were several ingredients in the Pride recipes that weren't my preferences, but a food is only perfect if your cat will decide to eat it. That was our situation with the Pride line. Maybe any new lines Nature's Variety decides to try will have some of the same smells, textures and a few of the same ingredients as the Pride line and my cat will still have a future canned food choice in her rotation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a visit to chewy yesterday, I saw that there are only a few versions left of Pride there.

So this is an FYI, in case anyone is interested...
https://www.chewy.com/brands/?rh=c:3312,c:7096,PetType:Cat,FoodForm_facet:Wet+Food

Minced Sherlock's Salmon 5.5oz
Flaked Starlet's Salmon 5.5oz
Minced Ritzy's Rabbit 3oz
Minced Titan's Tuna 5.5oz
Flaked Trickster's Tuna 3oz
Minced Cheshire's Chicken (today they didn't have that one: out of stock)

snookibengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My subscribe and save wasn't being fulfilled by Amazon. Then I did some searching and I found this post about the discontinued by google. It's a bummer that it will be gone, pride rabbit is the only flavor my cat will eat. I'm down to the last few cans. Jet currently has most of the flavors available. Load up as much as you can!

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My subscribe and save wasn't being fulfilled by Amazon. Then I did some searching and I found this post about the discontinued by google. It's a bummer that it will be gone, pride rabbit is the only flavor my cat will eat. I'm down to the last few cans. Jet currently has most of the flavors available. Load up as much as you can!
Take a look at the cups. I don't think they are being discontinued and as far as I know its the same ingredients. I only feed the rabbit to my Lokhi and he loves it

snookibengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Take a look at the cups. I don't think they are being discontinued and as far as I know its the same ingredients. I only feed the rabbit to my Lokhi and he loves it
Thanks! I also feed Snooki the NV instinct cups and the pouches, but it's too small of an amount for her. She only eats wets foods (2 - 5.5 oz cans/day) , no dry or raw because of her cancer. It's a major problem that it's being discontinued. I'm trying to stock up.

They are shipping fast. Buy some, before I buy it all :p

https://jet.com/product/Natures-Var...-Recipe-Wet-/9edb34f5cda24034b0ffa7daf7f636a1

tinn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone found a good replacement to this? My IBD cat LOVED it, specifically the rabbit, and I'm having trouble finding something similar (price point, protein variety, not paté). Any tips would be wonderful!

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My guys eat the Instinct original chicken kibble and Wellness grain-free chicken paté.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone found a good replacement to this? My IBD cat LOVED it, specifically the rabbit, and I'm having trouble finding something similar (price point, protein variety, not paté). Any tips would be wonderful!
Did you look at the cups? I think its the same food with different packaging

tinn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you look at the cups? I think its the same food with different packaging
I just looked at the cups and they seem like really good quality but on the package it says it’s a “meal complement”. I never know how to balance those with other food but I did get her a couple of rabbit pouches as “treats”.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had real good luck with the Freshpet rolls, the ingredients are better than most canned food and it's not that expensive, around $3.25-$3.50/LB which comparable to most of the better quality canned foods. I don't recommend the bags though since in my experience it starts to go bad rather quickly once opened.

The big downside is you can't order it online (at least not the Cat foods), you can only buy it in stores so you'd have to find someplace near you that has it. I know Kroger, Meijer, and Pet Supplies Plus sometimes carry it. Amazon carries the Freshpet Dog foods but nothing for Cats so far.