Naping in the litter box

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there! My 15 month old tabby girl cat has always had a love for her litter box. Since she was a baby she would roll in fresh litter, dig in the box for no reason, and nap in it. The vet told me this is pretty normal for kittens. Well as she has gotten older she's not "dust bathing" as much but she still likes to nap in our big covered litter box. Clean or dirty once a day I'll find her hunkered down snoozing away. I'll pull her out and she'll find somewhere more appropriate to nap...like my pillow haha.

There as been no change in her bathroom habits that I noticed, but a couple of weeks ago I changed out one of the open boxes to a covered one and we started using a Roomba (we have a flea problem) so maybe it's behavioral?

I spoke with my vet's office and they said it might just be a safe space for her, especially since she loves hiding when she naps (sleeps under the bed, in closets, anywhere she can make a cubby). But we're going to monitor her bathroom habits closely.

While we do has anyone else experienced this?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats love boxes so card board boxes or I have pop up cubes my cats sleep and play in. On all the Chewy boxes it says
OH boy Oh boy a box!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats love boxes so card board boxes or I have pop up cubes my cats sleep and play in. On all the Chewy boxes it says
OH boy Oh boy a box!
She doesn't like cardboard boxes which is weird. But I ordered a large cat house / box off Amazon maybe she'll take to that.