Naming New Kitten

Lulu5060

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm taking in a kitten, but have no idea what to name her! A few months ago my cat, Ying, had a litter of kittens and only one survived till 4 weeks. We named him Inigo, but he past away in April. I don't want to name this little girl Indigo or anything similar because it just reminds me too much of him.
This little one is black and white, kinda like Ying! She looks like she could belong to Ying! Ying had a sister named Ling, so that's unusable! If you can come up with one that starts with a "Y", I'd love it! Since we also have a dog named Yogi! (Who is also black and white!)
I'll have a photo up Wednesday, since that's when I pick her up!

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My first instinct (which I'm sure has occurred to you!) is to name her Yang because of how close Ying is to Yin. It's the opposite forces symbol. I think it works for a black and white kitten! Good luck! Yin and yang - Wikipedia

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the Yin/Yang symbol is generally portrayed as black and white.

However, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that, in my experience, cats name themselves. If you give them a few weeks to display their purrsonalities, their names become obvious.

Margret

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree completely with Margret. You can try some names but you'll know the right one when the kitten responds to it. It may not be anything like what you chose, but it'll be the right name.

Enjoy your new friend!