Naming A Newborn Kitten (Ideas!)

halliethekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Hallie gave birth today! She is a black domestic short-hair, with few orange and white markings here and there. Her kitten, however, appears to be entirely black. There were many complications and odd things going on during her pregnancy. This kitten, who is a male, was a literal miracle! I am looking for names having to do with luck, a miracle, a blessed one, the month of June, or the colour black itself. Some name suggestions would be wonderful.

Reasoning behind Hallie's name:
She's a black cat with green eyes, your typical Halloween cat icon.
She has the black and orange colours for Halloween.
She was born in October.
As a stray, she'd usually come out during the night. How spooky!
Hallie is Halloween for short. :)

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat Hallie gave birth today! She is a black domestic short-hair, with few orange and white markings here and there. Her kitten, however, appears to be entirely black. There were many complications and odd things going on during her pregnancy. This kitten, who is a male, was a literal miracle! I am looking for names having to do with luck, a miracle, a blessed one, the month of June, or the colour black itself. Some name suggestions would be wonderful.

Reasoning behind Hallie's name:
She's a black cat with green eyes, your typical Halloween cat icon.
She has the black and orange colours for Halloween.
She was born in October.
As a stray, she'd usually come out during the night. How spooky!
Hallie is Halloween for short.
How about Asher?

http://www.behindthename.com/name/asher

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is so precious. And all the name suggestions are great. But can I suggest what a awesome adviser suggested to me when I was trying to name my brood of four, three tabbies and a black beauty with green eyes. 

Just wait the name for this special little guy will come to you. When his personality shines and his quirks come alive you will have a knowing on what to call him. My black beauty became Sweet pea because I called her that temporally until a name came to me. With her being super smart she learned in really fast and comes when called. One of the boys became Bandit because he had these white circles around his eyes and lord does it fit his personality, he steals everything from socks, food he even carried my bra downstairs last night. Smokey goes with Bandit, I know showing my age, plus he is the most laid back of the group most of the time. Then my little Cleo, she had these perfect little markings from her eyes that reminded me of Cleopatra's eye makeup.

Like I said it will come to you. They all got their names between 4-6 weeks.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halliethekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is so precious. And all the name suggestions are great. But can I suggest what a awesome adviser suggested to me when I was trying to name my brood of four, three tabbies and a black beauty with green eyes. 

Just wait the name for this special little guy will come to you. When his personality shines and his quirks come alive you will have a knowing on what to call him. My black beauty became Sweet pea because I called her that temporally until a name came to me. With her being super smart she learned in really fast and comes when called. One of the boys became Bandit because he had these white circles around his eyes and lord does it fit his personality, he steals everything from socks, food he even carried my bra downstairs last night. Smokey goes with Bandit, I know showing my age, plus he is the most laid back of the group most of the time. Then my little Cleo, she had these perfect little markings from her eyes that reminded me of Cleopatra's eye makeup.

Like I said it will come to you. They all got their names between 4-6 weeks.  
That's what I did with Hallie, and plan to do with him as well! But, a few suggestions may help with the process. It's only day 1, haha. Thank you for sharing this with me and the others. :D

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations and this post should have come with a cuteness alert!  Look at him!  He looks like a little bear!  

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Asher is a name that is associated with luck, and (Ash) would also go well with his coloring.  I love to give name suggestions, so you may regret this thread before it's over.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

halliethekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Asher is a name that is associated with luck, and (Ash) would also go well with his coloring.  I love to give name suggestions, so you may regret this thread before it's over.  :lol3:
Thanks for your input! I don't mind, you could go ahead and give me various of names haha. It'd be greatly appreciated. :D

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My idea for naming a new born black kitten is LICORICE Hope that helps. =^w^=