Status
Not open for further replies.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to figure out what  Thunder is saying

cleaning

mopping the kitchen & bathroom floor and cleaning around the toilet is a job !

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doctors appointment which screwed up my medications
cat peed on my sheets again so back to the laundromat
took a long bath with no interuptions
How old is he and have you upset him? I'm being serious.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I entertained blighty and whisky on my lap separately and then both together.
There. 3 things.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Did a load of laundry and got it hung up to dry.

Threw biscuits for Mouse to chase.

Posted some Christmas cards and bought a couple of little presents for people.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Stewball, some US states do not allow the shipment of wine....I'm not sure why. PA is (or was) one of them.

Made chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter chocolate chunkers; they're in the freezer, except for about 6 or so that I saved for Rick

Four loads of laundry while working on cookies

Did some Christmas decorating in the living room and kitchen

We have to go outside tonight to take a section out of the pool fence....refrigerator is coming on Saturday and the men will need to bring it into the kitchen from the French doors at the deck.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Make dough for sugar cookies

Fridge is coming between noon and 2:00 (We moved the kitchen table into the living room and moved the old fridge over to where the kitchen table should be. When Rick gets home from work this morning, he will clean the snow off the deck and from around the walkway at the pool. The men will bring the fridge through the doors in the kitchen.) The old fridge doesn't get picked up until December 19th, so we'll be living with two fridges in the kitchen until then. Once the men are gone, we'll move the old fridge over to the doors and then put the kitchen table back where it belongs.

A bit of shopping tonight -- weather permitting. Looking for some kind of garland stuff for above the kitchen cabinets.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is so exciting to be getting a new refrigerator. I hope you really love it.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from the meat shop

saw the Christmas parade

watching videos

may call mom and tell her I love her

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am on Day Four of the Headache from Hades. I know I shouldn't complain as it's the first really bad headache I've had since around the beginning of October, but it's been four days now and it's not showing any signs of dissipating. And I'm tired of dealing with it. Anyway....

Office staff meeting this morning -- I brought cookies in for that (I didn't make them, my sister and niece made cookies this weekend)

Have a planning commission meeting this afternoon after work, then Rick will pick me up (he brought me in because of the weather, then he took Hannah to work). Christmas party follows the meeting today, but I'm begging off as I just don't feel well. 

Grab a few groceries tonight (not much on our list)

Hopefully it will be an early night.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Winchester, 4 day headaches are not good and if you take painkillers they start to excsserbate the problem. Poor you.  I hope it shifts soon but see your doctor if it doesn't, please. 
  I get evil migraines that can go on for a couple of days, leave me with a sort of hangover then come back again for more days and you really do start to dispair, feel totally miserable. 

Today I:

Managed not to smash up the laptop I was using at work when the system had a 'glitch' and deleted a really complicated letter I'd just spent an hour writing (It wasn't me guv' other fold in the office lost their stuff too). 

Went back to the shop I volunteer in on a Sunday to return the cordless phone handset I came home with in my back pocket yesterday.... 

Got used as a climbing frame when Mouse decided he HAD to get up to the top shelf in the wardrobe before I had my shower, then got down and decided to try and get on to the top of a door after my shower... 
  He sneaks up from behind now because I can't see him coming and move out of the way.

barbh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Slept in today
Relaxing with a kitty sleeping in my lap
Still trying to decide what to do for dinner, might have subs from the pizza place delivered (snowing right now and I refuse to drive in this stuff unless I absolutely need to)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Day 5 of The Headache....we didn't make it for groceries last night. I was literally stumbling through my planning commission meeting, couldn't even talk properly, my headache was that bad. Rick came in to get me, we went home, and I was in bed by 6:30. I still have that thing, but (so far) it's staying at a dull roar. As long as I don't have to bend over for anything, it's not too bad. At least not right now.

@MServant......thank you. Unfortunately, there's nothing anybody can do. I went to a neurologist headache clinic back in November; she gave me script for meds that I'm to take at the beginning of the headache. I did that on Friday morning....the pills did nothing. She also gave me a script to counter the nausea and the oh-god-turn-the-lights-off! feeling....that did nothing either. It's common for a really intense migraine to go for a week or longer for me. I don't get them that often, but when I do, I'm done. I just wait for it to go away.  I honestly don't know how people deal with chronic pain on a daily basis. When it's really bad, I'm constantly telling Rick that he has my permission to shoot me. Pretty much spent Friday to Sunday night in bed. I'd get up from time to time and do little things. And then go back to bed. But it's Christmas....I don't have time to deal with this right now.

And I don't take painkillers. I can't as I've developed some kind of allergy to all over-the-counter pain meds. Facial swelling and throat swelling. It's not pretty. So I'm pretty much on my own. I do the ice bags/cold wash cloth thing, drink high-octane Pepsi with lots of crushed ice. For the really bad ones, I take the tie to my bathrobe and tie it around my forehead. Looks stupid, but it helps.

Rick brought me into work this morning....so far, we have nothing in the way of snow, but our weather-weenies are still calling for 2-4 inches. I guess we'll find out. He brings me to work, then he can drive Hannah, who has all-wheel drive on into his work. He's a good driver and he's a much better snow driver than I am. His truck doesn't have 4-wheel drive, so he brings me into work and then he has the Tucson.

So.....

Hopefully grab the groceries that we didn't get last night as well as go to Michael's and to Lowes

A load or two of laundry (if it doesn't get done, no biggie)

Make Chocolate Crinkle cookie dough to chill overnight in fridge (son's favorite cookie and also a favorite of our granddaughter)

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on Day Four of the Headache from Hades. I know I shouldn't complain as it's the first really bad headache I've had since around the beginning of October, but it's been four days now and it's not showing any signs of dissipating. And I'm tired of dealing with it. Anyway....

Office staff meeting this morning -- I brought cookies in for that (I didn't make them, my sister and niece made cookies this weekend)

Have a planning commission meeting this afternoon after work, then Rick will pick me up (he brought me in because of the weather, then he took Hannah to work). Christmas party follows the meeting today, but I'm begging off as I just don't feel well. 

Grab a few groceries tonight (not much on our list)

Hopefully it will be an early night.
Poor you. How you manage to do all these things with a really bad headache is unbelievable. I hope you start to feel better soon.
:vibes:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out with my daughter to go to the mall but fell over on the way to the car.
Badly sprained wrist which is agonisingly painful
And am now with a strapped wrist almost incapacitated.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It snowed heavy last night so I will stay close to home;

laundry

straighten up the house a bit

put a roast on for dinner

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Winchester, I'm with you, that is evil.  I lay down with an ice pack over my eyes and forehead and just wish I wasn't here, and I've never had one full on for more than 3 days.  Good to hear you don;t self medicate, too many people do, and when nothing seems to make it go away it is very very tempting.

Today:

Whole day spent at work, stuck on computer and mobile phone.

Lunch at a friend's house: yummy food and meeting their Burmese and Burmila cats for the first time. 

Mouse time for over an hour after I got home from work. 

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my friends out to lunch using some of the remaining meals on my university meal plan.

Went to a study group with those same friends to prepare for our final exam.

Took (and did decidedly poorly, maybe) on my Statistical Principles in Research Psychology final.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm alive! And I feel human again! The headache is still here, but it's pretty much nothing at this point. As long as I don't bend over, I think I'm going to survive. (I told Rick on Sunday afternoon that since he was home with me, I was going to take 3 Excedrin for Migraines tablets; they used to start working on my migraines in about 15 minutes....I swear it's a wonder drug. I set the epi-pen on the kitchen counter, and said, "Keep an eye on me, OK? If you need to, use this. And take me to the ER." He was horrified and told me that I was not taking anything. And I didn't take it. But that's how desperate I felt at the time.) I feel so much better today. 

And on that note.....

Finish the laundry that I didn't finish the other night

Tonight is trash night, so cleaning out litter boxes (We really need to install a large utility sink in the basement; it's cold outside!)

Bake the chocolate crinkles -- made the dough last night

But if I don't get anything done tonight? Life is good!

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you're feeling better, Winchester!

Today, I clipped Oliver's nails. That was a long-term, sporadic process. Not too bad, though.

Ordered a new, super cute tag for his collar from an Etsy site recommended on one of these threads.

Still left to do is study for my next final exam!

Status
Not open for further replies.