Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
check the mail later
write letters
get some cat toys that are ready to be mailed and get a few letters to mail out tomorrow
read some later tonite
talk with mamanyt1953

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Got my bread made yesterday. I decided to make a couple loaves of French bread. Not real pretty; my technique needs some work. But it's so good. We took a loaf for ourselves (and Dear Richard and I promptly ate half of that)and I split the second loaf in half, gave half of that to my sister and BIL and the other half to our neighbors. As we were munching on toast this morning, Rick said that, since I want to work on shaping techniques, he thinks I should make French bread every week. This really is that good.

Chilly last night. The weatherweenies are talking about a frost Wednesday night into Thursday. We're going to have to cover the garden, just to be on the safe side.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and came back here to drink my coffee.
  • Out to vote this morning, then we hit Target to pick up meds. I needed a new instant read thermometer, so I bought one there.
  • Came back and my Grass Roots CD was in the mailbox. So Clarence and I went into the car wash; the birds have really done a number on him. Got him all cleaned up, came home, pulled up the driveway, and parked. And, as I got out of the car, a damn robin landed on the top of Clarence's trunk and took a crap. And then flew into the lilac bush where it has a nest. I looked up at said robin and said, "SERIOUSLY?!" I swear that bloody bird laughed at me. :sigh:

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
get dressed to go to the post office and mail a bunch things
come home and rest
write some letters ( maybe)
read a book and maybe start another book

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Got up this morning and headed into the farmers' market. Then to a small local Mennonite store. Off to breakfast and then came back home.
  • The guys are picking up the piano this afternoon. A good vacuuming in the living room after they leave. Before we move Rick's desk to that spot, he wants to touch up the paint at the ceiling along that wall.
  • Must cover the garden tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's 34F right now at 7:15. First thing I did was check the temp. If it frosted, it wasn't too bad, thankfully. Hopefully that will be our last really cold snap. Rick says now we just have to worry about keeping everything wet enough as we're getting little to no rain again.
The piano is gone. The guys came in, packed it up, got it downstairs and outside, up on the truck and poof! That was that. Very professional and very good. Very BIG men! Holy crap! I should have offered them money to take the elliptical to the basement...didn't think about it yesterday. Dang.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty, and I'm back here with my coffee. I'll need to run a quick load of dishes.
  • We'll remove all the sheets, tarps, and buckets from the plants outside this morning.
  • Bake either a small white cake or maybe a few white cupcakes to have with some strawberries. Our strawberries aren't ready yet; we bought a small box at the farmers' market yesterday.
  • At some point today, Rick wants to touch-up the ceiling/wall where the piano was. When he's done, I'll move things around in the living room. And everything will stay that way until he's ready to start removing the carpet.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day"
*Got up very early for Mass. It is a Holy Day. I am too busy to attend noontime mass as I usually do. I will be too tired to attend 7pm Mass tonight
*Home-- second cup of coffee
*Meds for Geoffrey
*Unofficial Meeting at 9:15 am--
* Official meeting at 10 AM-- I was not going to attend, but then the first meeting was called-- before the Official meeting.. Will leave early for appointment in Boston
* Doctors appointment in Boston at noon.

In between I have to do some of my daily chores. I was also busy yesterday and very tired, so I let them go.

There is a function tonight-- live entertainment. I think I will be too tired to attend.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having my coffee, then need to uncover tender potted plants. The bananas look O.K. They had to take their chances as they are too large to cover up. There was just a kiss of frost last night, down to 31.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

It was rather chilly and quite windy yesterday. So today - can you chorus in unison with me - today I need to pot / plant more cannas.

Never folded and put away the second load of laundry yesterday so need to do that today. At least that load was overlooked in the dryer rather than the washer. Which would be very yucky.

Surprisingly, when we were in Costco the other day they had no tilapia, no steel head trout, hardly any salmon. I bought a package of frozen salmon burgers, will try them today. Or maybe tomorrow. Time will tell.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
computer stuff
check my mail later
write some letters
maybe make some cat toys
talk to mamanyt1953 around 530- 6pm

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How did you make out at the doctor? OK?

Not much really planned for today. The fence is up in the garden and the pole beans are planted around their teepees and along the fence. Rick wants to fix a few areas with green paint today; he's still not satisfied with the top of the wall in the hallway. And then we'll plant corn. At that point, the garden will be planted.
  • One load of laundry.
  • If he is satisfied with his paint fixes, I'll move things around in the living room this afternoon. A good vacuuming, a good swiffer.
  • Water the Shed window boxes and check the Shed plants. I'd like to spend some time out there tonight, watching a bit of TV. Still working on Skinwalker Ranch, about halfway through season 3. I've also been going through some bread cookbooks, looking for some interesting recipes while I'm out there.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am good.. just a checkup.
I was tired last night.. overtired, did not sleep well..got up very late.
Today is one more activity in here, and some errands..
Then cuddling with Geoffrey.. for the rest of the day..
That is, in addition to all the things around the house that I did not do yesterday. This weekend will be pretty mellow.. Rain, so.....

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A small load of laundry is in the clothes washer.

Need to go out to get a few items, and potting soil.

Really want to pot up more cannas ahead of tomorrow's rain. The end is in sight (and I gave some away to two friends yesterday.)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update Bought four 1 cu. ft. bags of generic soil at Lowe's. Heavy, and flimsy plastic wrapper easily rips. Mixed a cart's worth of that soil and peat moss, filled a very large pot (one of the ones at the bottom of the driveway, that has an upside down pot inside to occupy space / volume)

Potting Cannas_2023-05_pot in pot.jpg
and planted six or seven Canna 'Tropicana' tubers. Mulched. Mixed another cart's worth, etc and finished with the second pot. That takes care of that crate of canna tubers.

What's left . . . a crate of C. 'Bengal Tiger' and a crate and a half of C. musaefolia, the banana leaf tuber. Then I'm done with cannas. Until fall then it's time to dig, pack, store.

Collect tools, bucket, trash into the garden cart and push it up the driveway. I swear it gets steeper going up than it was going down. And discover that Himself has been busily spitting firewood, and finished just as I reached the top of driveway. So lucky me got to stack firewood. Oh joy.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The living room is done...until we start tearing up the carpet after Memorial Day.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and back here with my coffee.
  • Change the bed sheets after Rick gets up.
  • My sister and BIL are visiting with their son's family today and coming back tomorrow. But they have a sick kitty, so I'm going over a few times a day today to make sure the kitty is OK. I may stay over there a while, just to hang out with him, if he'll let me. Her gang doesn't really like people that much.
  • Never made it out to the Shed yesterday. Hopefully today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No Shed yesterday either. Dang. Just got busy with other stuff. The yard needed a mowing and a trim around the trees.

But there's really nothing much going on around here today.
  • Making the dough for garlic-parm rolls and I'm thinking of making peppery cheese braided rolls, too. I can do the dough for the garlic-parm rolls today and shape the rolls tomorrow. And then just make the braided rolls today.
  • Need to do a Chewy order. Oh, the girls have food. But they're really being finicky. They have Turkey and Giblets and Chicken and Carrots. A few cans of Ocean Whitefish. None of which are on their "Oh, we love this stuff!" list. I'll get some Liver and Chicken and some Mixed Grill. Hopefully, they'll decide they'll eat that. They did start eating Mixed Grill again. Honestly, I don't know what to get for them anymore. I even cut down on their dry kibble snacks, hoping that would make them start eating their canned. Didn't happen.
  • Start working on a grocery list for June.
  • Sort laundry tonight for tomorrow.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I planned on mowing my lawn but I went outside with my dogs and ended up weeding most of my landscaping which took several hours. I then went to get gas to mow the lawn and came back only to find out the battery on my lawn mower is dead, so I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow when my dad brings over a battery. I also gave my dogs baths and boy they were dirty, then showered after they were clean. I'm probably going to wind some yarn (more like spend hours untangling yarn) to hang on my yarn pegboard in my craft room.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
CatGame.jpg

Played this game around 4:00 this morning. Nothing wakes me up faster than a cat puking up a hairball. Found it, cleaned it, went back to bed, and couldn't fall back asleep. Finally got back up around 6:30. And now I could go back to sleep. :sleep:

Last night, Rick dug up the septic opening for our neighbor, who wants to call to have it pumped out. Rick told him to tell the guy that we need ours done, too. And then our other neighbor who was also over there said, "Well, while he's at it, he can do ours, too." The septic guy is going to be busy! Fortunately, we installed a ring and cover over our opening, so there's no digging.
  • Breakfast for the girls and am sitting back here with my coffee. Emptied dishwasher last night.
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • Shape and bake garlic-parm rolls.
  • Clean the kitchen. Wipe down the counters; it's time to seal the granite today as it's been a while and I've put it off long enough. I need to clean the top of the stove, too, as it's not pretty (I use Dawn, peroxide, and baking soda). De-scale and clean the Ninja. Clean the inside of the fridge. Then wipe down the appliances. Everything will be ready for my next baking fiasco.
  • And then do the same thing in the bathroom. I haven't sealed the bathroom granite in forever either. (Getting lazy in my old age, I guess.)

Status
Not open for further replies.