Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
How did your appt go? :hugs: ♥
Okay. I’ve just had this persistent cough since February (no, not COVID), and it’s driving me crazy. She called in two prescriptions yesterday, but when I went to pick them up this morning, they weren’t ready. When I got a text that they were, I went back and they said they received only one prescription. Whaaat? And the other one was $220!! WHAAAT? :noway: So back home and a call to the doctor’s office. Still waiting on the outcome. She also ordered a CT scan which is scheduled for tomorrow. Oh, also my hair has been falling out the last few months. Lovely. So she did some thyroid test. Personally, I think it’s stress related.

Aren't you glad you asked? :) And thank you for asking. :redheartpump:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

put a load of blankets and throws in

Woke up to rain but will clear up .My new slippers arrived. I'm so angry that my moccasins were ruined
from the cut but there was no way to remove that much blood I had to go with a cheaper pair but they'll
be warm.

I bought a dresser from my neighbor which is still in her garage, it was only $20.00! I can get rid of some of the totes
I've been using for clothing. It's all oak and I don't understand why she sold it to for such a small amount. I guess I
don't want to know because I know some of her "habits", ha!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*regular morning stuff.
*not certain.. It is supposed to rain, a cloudy, warm, humid day.. unusual for November in Boston area
*Want to go to cemetery
** Thinking of picking up a pizza for a very early supper. They do not deliver; but awesome food- a bit pricey, but make their own bread, pasta, calzones and pizza crust....

*need to clip Geoffrey's claws, and complete do over of litter box~~ did not do either yesterday. He seemed to be having an 'off' day, so I did not want tis tress him out, anymore.
I ended up cleaning bathroom, instead... and dumped out and cleaned Litter Genie.

We will be having rain the rest of the week. I would like to hit the grocery store and Big Lots.. for a few things.. And Purple shampoo from Sally's.

Hairdresser on Thursday~~ will pick up a couple of things at Whole Foods. The only place I can find them, speciality items. My hairdresser is around the corner from them.

Trying to be more conscious of spending; even with Covid panic buying.

I use so many Paper towels~~ with Geoffrey. Tissues for my allergies.. and TP.. have to start deceasing my waste. I did that during quarantine, but I need to redo.. be more conscious of it.

Monday evening, and Yesterday morning, it was kind of nice around here.. I got a couple more
B-day wishes.. word got around that it was my birthday.. Gossip spreads so easily in here.. but, it was kind.. It made me feel a bit better about living here... I guess people do not think I am such a bad person; just administration....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not much on my agenda today. It's raining, so no outside work. And I really don't feel like doing much inside. I did clean the house yesterday afternoon.
  • I do need to scoop at some point.
  • Reading Indulgence in Death by J.D. Robb (I've been slowly working my way through the ....In Death series, the ones I can get from the library. I also bought some of the books from Thriftbooks that I'm saving for this winter.
  • I may hit the shed for some X-Files this afternoon.
As you can see, a very lazy day.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
  • I had a CT scan this morning. I was in and out in less than10 minutes. I wish all medical tests were that quick and painless!
  • Just made a batch of brownies (King Arthur recipe), but I did walk almost three miles early this morning so...chocolate therapy. :)
  • I write for our community newsletter, so I must stop playing around on TCS and write my article! It's due on Friday, but I need to send it to the women I interviewed after it's written to make sure I quoted them correctly.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

wrote grocery list for Kaylee

I have books to read and DVDs to watch

Winchester Winchester What season of X-Files are you on, Pam?
strider rose strider rose Please tell us about your cookbook!
Tobermory Tobermory Glad your ct scan was uneventful

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im writing down recipes from the food network website that sound really good
I have a binder of recipes that I print out from various websites. I use that to make up my monthly meal plan each month. I have it divided out between crockpot recipes, oven recipes, breakfast for dinner meals, etc. If I try one and it flops with the family, it gets tossed out of the binder so there's no chance of me making it again. I add new recipes when I find them and stick them in the binder.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Printing the web site recipes directly or copy / paste the recipes into a Word or Google document, even the standard Notepad or WordPad program on PCs, and printing them later is a lot easier than hand writing them down.

I'm home today but have to pop onto Zoom for a meeting later. Then a work-offered yoga class on Zoom. I haven't gotten the Zoom info for the yoga class yet. Then a nap.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Almost ready to start Season 4 of the X-Files. Gosh, I love that series.
klunick klunick I have two big, fat binders like that, too. Plus a ton of bookmarked pages and blogs on the computer.
  • Rick got up with the girls, even though it was my morning. I just slept through the yelling and screaming, must be getting used to it. We do have them fairly well centered on 6:00 again since the time change. I thought it would take longer than that; well, Amber isn't really happy about it, but we deal. So I'm sitting back here with my coffee.
  • A quick vacuum about the house, nothing major
  • I'm thinking about making a blueberry buckle today. Hurricane Richard was going about the kitchen last night. "There's nothing in this house that's sweet! No cookies! Nothing!" as he was tearing the kitchen apart. I went down to the freezer and brought up a pan of apple dumplings. Put two in the microwave, added a bit of milk to Rick's bowl, and all was right in Rick's world again. My world, too, if I'm being honest. We love apple dumplings.
  • SN tonight. One more episode after tonight. :sigh: I'm going to miss that show. 15 years is a long time.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Grocery store

Clean litter boxes

Pick up take out for dinner

Remind husband to take his Trulicity ( since I forgot yesterday)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
On the X-Files, I watched the episode "Home" yesterday. It bothered me just as much as it did the first time I saw it. The tv stations don't carry that episode; I don't think FOX ever ran it in reruns either. And it even received a "Viewer Discretion is Advised" warning. I have never been able to hear Johnny Mathis' song "Wonderful, Wonderful" without thinking of "Home" and the Peacocks. Don't get me wrong; it's a nice song, but....no. Just no. Never again. I was texting with my son while watching the episode. He called me and when I answered the phone, all I could hear was that song. I told him he was a snot.

Turned the heat back on in the house this morning. It's really chilly. After the gorgeous week we had, it's hard to deal with seasonal weather again.
  • My turn to get up with the girls. Gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • A quick spin with the vacuum this afternoon, followed by a swiffer in the living room and kitchen.
  • I'd like to spend some time cleaning out and arranging bureau drawers tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff...
Raining right now.. hopefully will stop soon. Dark and dreary
Have to dump and wash out litter box... and then the tub. I did the rest of bathroom, the other day.

I do not know what else..

In a funk.. tired of all the covid stuff, prepping, news, politics...

I am tired of running round like a madwoman, trying to get supplies. I am tired of seeing junk (supplies) all over my place. Yes, i am a preppier; but after being in house quarantine for 8 weeks, It has finally gotten to me..

The time change, early darkness, long days, running around, spending a ton of money I do not have~on supplies,.. afraid of going out to to my normal life stuff.. I miss Church... having crabby people complaining, gossiping in the lobby.. my stinky cigar smoking neighbor, whom I am afraid of complaining about~~ she is politically connected--got my head chewed off when I did.. now afraid..

Just sick of it all.. I am in a bad way..

I cannot get into reading.. I am sick of all the crap on TV... Right now, listening to Zen music on my Alexa.

Sorry, just venting... So tired of being afraid... of worrying about things.. I worry about what would happen to Geoffrey, if I got Covid.. I would not care for me, but I worry about him.. he is so high-maintence.

yes, I do need a hobby.. I think I need to force myself to read or back to coloring.. I have yet to find a nook to do so.. not so comfortable at kitchen table.. but I need to make up my mind.. that is what I want to do..

And I need to force myself back into reading...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I will drive Himself to a follow up visit with his cardiologist. Thursday of next week is testing before his left and right side cardiac catheterization the Monday of Thanksgiving week. He has to isolate at home the four days between tests and cardiac cath. Not that he goes anywhere anyhow.

Will ask doctor about compression stocking for him, then see if Wal-Mart - where I'm going anyhow after doctor visit while he sits in the car - has any.

Decide if I want to get myself two double layer silk face masks - no metal nose piece, no filter pocket - from a fabric artist in Pennsylvania this afternoon.

This is really the worst year of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.