Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I had a major sleep-in after a few stressful and busy days and not completed all my necessary tasts but I have:

Made my bed - which I had to do before I went to sleep in it in the not so small hours of this morning....

Done 2 loads of laundry (yet to be hung up)

Thrown a few biscuits for Mouse - he seems to be as keen on a lazy day as me, and has been snoozing on a chair after eventually up from bed after our marathon 11 hour sleep. 

karrecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
 I'm so sorry about the diagnosis. Lots of vibes and support for you and Henry - I know he can brave through this! 

Today-

Vacuumed the entire house and wiped all of the cupboards down.

Scooped and washed out the litter boxes.

Watched some TV with DH and the cats.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a work day, so this morning I picked up the dog that I drive to daycare. I've been cleaning all morning at work, as we had 8 dogs go home yesterday and almost a full house all weekend so the whole place needed a good scrubbing. Later I will go home and eat my babies and relax.
Was that an autocorrect mistake? I hope so and that you didn't go home and eat your babies? Unless they were jelly babies??

I went to a couple of hardware stores to buy a " no advertising material please" sign for my letterbox. I couldn't get one but I found a freezer I'd like to buy!!

Baked a batch of Yo Yo bickies for my MIL

Had to make another batch of bickies because everyone wanted my MILS.

Much love and hugs to Henry xxoo

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lauren, I'm sorry about Henry. 

Tonight is trash night, so clean out the litter boxes (and clean out the fridge, too)

Vacuum the living room

Shovel and sweep.......yes, it's snowing again. Isn't that just lovely? NOT! (About two inches out there so far)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Got up early enough to finally go to the bank and pay bills and pay stuff in to my account on my way to work.  I've been carrying it all around for a week!

Went in to a new charity shop that's on my way to work.  They had some pet supplies donated by a business that had stopped training - bought Mouse a little green fish fishing rod toy for £1.

Came home from work and played with Mouse and his new green fish toy.  He quite likes it. 

and 
  for Henry. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my MIL shop for the morning

Have a tradesman at home fixing our back door. It hasn't worked properly for years. Oh it will be a joy to go home and open it.

I need to work out something for dinner. I've been spending $ a lot lately. It will be something cheap!! There is bound to be complaints.

karrecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Came home from work and played with Mouse and his new green fish toy.  He quite likes it. 
Mouse and a new toy?! This is breaking mews! 
 We would love to see some pics.

Today I:

Brought Blitz back from his 3-day overnight stay with the vet! His congestion is almost all done and he is eating normally now.

Stayed home while a carpenter was fixing our garage.

Spent some time organizing my March calendar. It is going to be a very busy month for me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wash one load of colored clothing

Scoop

Work on computer stuff for Rick

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Mouse and a new toy?! This is breaking mews! 
 We would love to see some pics.

Mouse is so spoiled I'm going to start taking the box loads of toys he doesn't play with off to the cat and dog home charity shop - they acn either sell them or take them to the shelter for the kitties there.....  I think he'll get one more offer of play with each toy that's in good condition and he hasn't shown interest in (most of them!) and if he turns his nose they can go!  
  I am going to turn in to mean mommy. 
  Reminder to myself though - must get that camera out.

Today I:

Went in to work before 9am to try sort out spread sheets I couldn't do last night and found out the reason was the broadband was disconnected - took me an hour to get it sorted.

Went out at my break time and bought my self a sweet little lavender bag to put under my pillow.

Walked home without doing more shopping so I have a nice long evening with Mouse, plenty biscuits to throw and new fishing rod toy to be destroyed.  He seemt to be intent on chewing through the cord...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWW - thank you Pam, Karre and Maggie. :hugs: My Henry is a stoic one. Pam - you know that he is :rbheart: Wilbur's :rbheart: brother whom I lost last July. Henry is such a dear, dear kind soul and we love him very much. There is hope though - and we have already made changes to help his kidney's work less so hoping we get some more quality time with him.

-------------------------------------------

1. Steamed hardwood and tile floors today (my brother's family is coming to the house on Saturday - so cleaning begins today.)
2. Only two mid-day dog walks. One of my regular's is Penny - a very large Saint Bernard and oh so sweet. It is SOOOOOOO darn cold, AGAIN. :cold: I just wanted to jump on Penny's back and snuggle up in her VERY thick coat.
3. Errands - groceries, Post Office and Kohl's. :wavey:

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3:    Mouse is so spoiled I'm going to start taking the box loads of toys he doesn't play with off to the cat and dog home charity shop - they acn either sell them or take them to the shelter for the kitties there.....  I think he'll get one more offer of play with each toy that's in good condition and he hasn't shown interest in (most of them!) and if he turns his nose they can go!  :bat:   I am going to turn in to mean mommy. :D   Reminder to myself though - must get that camera out.

Today I:

Went in to work before 9am to try sort out spread sheets I couldn't do last night and found out the reason was the broadband was disconnected - took me an hour to get it sorted.

Went out at my break time and bought my self a sweet little lavender bag to put under my pillow.

Walked home without doing more shopping so I have a nice long evening with Mouse, plenty biscuits to throw and new fishing rod toy to be destroyed.  He seemt to be intent on chewing through the cord...
I packed away cat toys yesterday- not played with, practically brand new and have them ready for the charity shop.

My three things:
Got out in the garden and started trimming. It's a perfect day here today.
Went for a run
Going to churn some icecream after picking the kids up from school. I bought a 'wizz bang' ice cream churn last year and so far I have made the most disgusting icecream. I think/ hope I've been using the wrong cream.

Last edited:

karrecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just realized that I need to send some cat toys to the humane society, particularly the ones that the cats have labeled as passe. We have boatloads of them just gathering dust. 
 @Tammat  Churning ice cream sounds fun. Hopefully this time will be more successful. 

Today I:

Finalized a research report for my students

Walked Schwanli right before it started raining - we had to walk home in the downpour. I kept telling Schwanli that I wished I had thick Golden Retriever fur like hers. 

Right now DH, the cats, Schwanli, and I are all trying to stay warm in the bedroom while it's thundering outside. The clouds are not  happy... 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
  1. babbled
  2. flooded the bathroom
  3. mopped (a lot!)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I packed away cat toys yesterday- not played with, practically brand new and have them ready for the charity shop.

My three things:
Went for a run
Going to churn some icecream after picking the kids up from school. I bought a 'wizz bang' ice cream churn last year and so far I have made the most disgusting icecream. I think/ hope I've been using the wrong cream.
Tammat, most of the time, you need a really heavy cream for ice cream. Light cream or half-and-half usually won't work. You need the heavy stuff.  Good luck! We have a Cuisinart ice cream/yogurt maker. Dear Richard wanted that thing with a passion, but it had to be in red.
 I finally found a red one and got it for him for Christmas one year. He loves that thing. As long as we remember to put the ice cream freezer container in the freezer overnight before making the ice cream, we're good to go. I have a recipe for the most decadent strawberry ice cream! 
 Let me know if you're interested and I will share. (Years ago, I bought a cookbook on nothing but ice cream stuff. It's a delicious cookbook.)
  • We must run errands tonight: meat market, banking, PetSmart, Target, Lowes
  • I am making a hot milk sponge cake and will frost with French Silk Frosting, an old Betty Crocker chocolate frosting (although I may wait til Saturday morning, haven't decided yet) My sister and BIL are coming for dinner Saturday night; they were coming on Sunday, but she called last night and said they wanted to come tomorrow night instead. The sponge cake will be our dessert. It's my mom's old recipe and it's just delicious.
  • Start re-reading Voyager (third in the Outlander series)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:lol3:    Mouse is so spoiled I'm going to start taking the box loads of toys he doesn't play with off to the cat and dog home charity shop - they acn either sell them or take them to the shelter for the kitties there.....  I think he'll get one more offer of play with each toy that's in good condition and he hasn't shown interest in (most of them!) and if he turns his nose they can go!  :bat:   I am going to turn in to mean mommy. :D   Reminder to myself though - must get that camera out.

Today I:

My three things:
Went for a run
KitchenAid has a nice ice cream maker attachment for the mixers. :D I agree though that you need a good quality cream. Do you want me to send you a recipe I ahve been successful with?

- dropped off Aaron's car for service and inspection
- went by my brother's to take care of his dog
- laundry

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Was that an autocorrect mistake? I hope so and that you didn't go home and eat your babies? Unless they were jelly babies??

LOL, yes that was a mistake. I meant, go home and feed my babies. They'd probably eat me before I'd eat them.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
'Heavy cream' and 'scary babies' that might eat you? 
   This thread's more like the babble thread than the 3 things thread!!!  

Today I:

Looked through my cupboards and added a couple of hidden cat ornaments to the cat and dog shelter charity shop bag.  I'm sure I can find more. 

Like @Mani,  I too babbled.  
   Well it was the last day for the babbling thread so I felt I had to. 

Remembered to go and pick up a pair of boots on my way home: I'd ordered them with discount on line with a collection point just along the road from my work.  Nice boots. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spending the morning in my MIL shop.

It's going to be another perfect day here. We are getting some true autumn weather. We usually jump from summer to winter here. Autumn is my fave time of the year. So I'm getting back into the garden to finish off a good tidy up.

I need to exercise at some stage.

Winchester Winchester and AbbysMom AbbysMom please do send me recipes. My daughter has asked for strawberry icecream. I too have a cuisinart churn. It doesn't have a compressor. My icecream worked well. It was the right texture. Finally!!! Yay! Now it's all systems go.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
   This thread's more like the babble thread than the 3 things thread!!!  :D   :woohoo:
:lol3: I haven't even "babbled" at all ...... :anon: but we do seem to babble in this thread from time to time. ;)

1. Had my FIRST deep tissue massage today. OH - it hurt so good. I joined a health club and received with my membership a 50% off coupon at the spa. Finally - got that massage. ME TIME!!!! YAY!!!!
2. Phone calls back and forth with brother and sister about other brother and his marriage issue. Very sad. They have a 4 year old boy. So lots of talking on the phone today to offer support.
3. Dinner out tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we will go for Mexican !!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY - guacamole and margaritas..... :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.