Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you're doing better.
  • A bit of shopping after work: Target and Dick's, and then Giant for groceries.
  • Make cranberry relish tonight for Thursday 
  • Scoop, scoop, scoop

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got assorted cleaning, laundry, cooking, baking (bread, in bread machine), shoveling the 2-3 inches of snow we got overnight, moving firewood, as well as seeing if i can make time to do another short supervised visit for snick and jasper, and putting up snick and jasper's big christmas gifts. i never have seen the need to make them wait for their big gifts, and i'd rather see them enjoying them for longer (especially given that snick may not be feeling well at any given point).

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, my last "busy" day carried over into the next day. that happens occasionally, and i don't like it. the new cat wall furniture, snick and jasper's big christmas gifts, took much longer than i had hoped to get set up. but several things took me much longer than expected, and by the time 9:30pm came around i had reached the point of total and utter exhaustion and knew that i just needed to give the cats a snack and lay down and sleep (in my, as yet, unmade bed). so i ended up having two busy days, which enabled me to get most everything done. now i'm starting my (well earned) three "quiet" days.

today will be --
  • give snick her sub-q's
  • move more firewood to the living room log rack
  • breakfasts for snick and jasper, then my breakfast
  • wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, take out the trash, bring in the newspaper
  • another supervised visit for snick and jasper
  • fine tune my december budget and shopping list -- making sure i meet my goal (for november and december) for saving towards the UTV purchase
  • relax, watch some tv, listen to christmas music

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
After cooking and food prep for the past two days, I'm done cooking for a while (except for making those snickerdoodles and the gingersnaps; was going to make them today, but no cooking today.) And I don't think I'm going to do much of anything.

We were going to do some shopping, but right now, it's 22 degrees with a mix of sleet and freezing rain coming down pretty heavily. Must hit the bank and to the coffee shop for my Keurig. Once we see what happens with our freezing precip, we'll take it from there,

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1- Math homework

2- Worked on my social work essay

3- Worked on my english essay

My brain is now officially fried!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Cookie baking today (the snickerdoodles and the gingersnaps)
  • Work on laundry (doing that now)
  • A quick vacuum about the house

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Get through my Monday here at work; I would love to be home today.
  • We must pick up the Tundra from the garage; Rick wanted some work done to it today.
  • And then, take the Tucson down to the garage: inspection, oil change, tire rotation, 30,000-mile check-up, mileage for gas reimbursement, all that good stuff.
I cannot believe that I forgot to make an appt for the Tucson before this and, of course, the inspection has expired as of today. I drove Clarence (PT Cruiser) into work this morning and the Tucson is sitting in the driveway until I have to take her down to the garage after work today. She has her registration, but I forgot all about getting her inspected. I think my mind is going; I'd forget my head if it wasn't fastened to my shoulders lately.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Working until noon today, then taking 4 hours of vacation. We are to get snow, sleet, freezing rain, before it turning to all rain overnight. Accumulation of less than 1 inch. But we'll see. 
  • Meanwhile, there are some bowls of cookie dough in the fridge that need to be baked, so I will work on that this afternoon and this evening.
  • Did a good scoop of the boxes this morning before getting ready for work.
We were supposed to go to the garage to pick up the Tucson today, but if the weather is bad and the roads are not great, I'm not going. We were supposed to pick up the new Christmas tree this afternoon, too, but that can wait until tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. I do not like driving in ice and snow, even just a wee bit of ice and snow.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thankfully, i have a normal "busy" day planned for today. i've got cleaning, laundry, baking (bread in bread machine, and a dutch apple bundt cake), getting the recycling to the curb (trash cans are already out there), and assorted other smaller tasks to do today. no snow here, so no snow shoveling.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1.my mom is in the hospital for a few days now. so i got up extra early to go to her place and take care of her cat.

2. while i was there i got extremely tired and set my alarm and fell asleep on the couch, well i didn't set it properly so i was late for work.

3. after work went to visit mom again and take her some things she needed.

......i honestly don't know how im still awake right now. im worn to a frazzle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cats4sky, I'm sorry about your mother. Hope she's doing better now. 

I awakened with a headache this morning, so I'm hoping that today is fairly low-key. Rick is bowling early, so after dinner, I may make an early night of it and go right to bed.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I awakened with a headache this morning, so I'm hoping that today is fairly low-key. Rick is bowling early, so after dinner, I may make an early night of it and go right to bed.
Sounds like my yesterday @Winchester  ,  hope you feel better soon.   I managed to get through work but hit bed as soon as I got home and only came on TCS for a very brief time - slept solidly for over 12 hours!  Thankfully I'd arranged a swap for today as it's delivery day at work and a lot of box lifting which I wouldn't have been able to do because I hurt my left wrist at the weekend.  Means I've got a day to just chill out and get over the headache.

Today for me so far has been:

Sleep in till about 1pm.

Laugh at Mouse having a ten minute crazed run and bounce session to make up for his having a sleep in with me this morning, followed by a brief snuggle session before slinking back to his still warm spot on the bed. 

Put a load of laundry in to the washing machine before crashing out on the sofa for s bit more relaxation and a catch up on TCS.

Tomorrow I'll be back in work but this quiet day is just what I needed.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

thank you i appreciate that. she's coming along well but im not quite sure how long they will be keeping her. 

I hope your headache eased up. there's nothing worse than waking up with a headache!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined you all with the headache. It took 8 hours for the pills to work. Still gone for now until tomorrow properly. How's that optimism.

Last edited by a moderator:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I awakened with a headache this morning, so I'm hoping that today is fairly low-key. Rick is bowling early, so after dinner, I may make an early night of it
and go right to bed.
i hope your headache didn't developed into one of your awful migraines.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Judy. It did not become a migraine, just a rotten headache. It was pretty bad by day's end and I was ready for bed. But by Friday, it was pretty much gone and I feel much better this morning (Saturday).

Run errands this morning: banking, Target, Lowes, etc

Make a lemonade party cake to take to friends tonight for dinner

Scoop, scoop, scoop

Last edited:

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
cook entrees for the week.

iron work clothes .

catch up on some tv shows,finally get to sit down after putting up the tree

and laundry,housekeeping.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Today, in between my usual Sunday volunteering slot at a local charity shop, plus possibly a short session at my paid work to cover for a colleague after the charity store closes,  I plan to:

Tidy up my apartment and give it a really thorough clean.   (I made a bit of a start on it tonight when I got home from work)

Get the Christmas decorations out from their storage places.

Sort out where my new mini Christmas tree is going to be positioned - before Mouse does what ever he's going to do to it and it potentially gets stored away the same day as it's put out.   

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's a sunny day today (well, morning anyway; it's to cloud over later on). Rick is going to go outside this afternoon for some outdoor decorating, after he gets home from church. He said he'll bring some totes and boxes up from the basement and out from the bedroom closet for me to go through and get out what I want while he's outside. So:
  • Before I can do any decorating in the house, I need to do a bit of dusting/cleaning. Then I can start to do some indoor decorating. I will do the cleaning thing while he's at church. 
  • Rick and I will decorate the Christmas tree tonight. It's up and lit (it's a prelit tree, but we will add more lights to it as we go tonight). And yes, it's wired to the baseboard in the living room. 
     Because of the bad kitties that live here. 
     As it is, the Big Buff (Muffin) is chewing on its branches and the Tubby Tabby (Miss Tabby) keeps poking her head through the branches. I will say that Tabby's face does make a rather pretty ornament in the tree. The other cats, after their initial investigation are leaving it alone (at least while we're here at home.
  • I am working my way through three loads of laundry 

Status
Not open for further replies.