Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get garbage ready to go out

Try to find someone to watch my daughter Wednesday morning while I have an interview

Clean the kitchen and bathroom

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, Pat, they look wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe and the pictures! I've pasted the link and will copy off the recipe. Thank you!

Question: I only have Splenda packets, the kind you put in hot tea. What are good measurements for that? Does a packet equal one teaspoon or something like that? Do you know?
Sorry, I never add that to the recipe as I hate artificial sweeteners, and like these without any sweetener. My variation (and there are many) adds lemon zest and citrus pepper blend to the egg yolk/cream cheese mix.  I love them savory for breakfast "sandwiches". Hope you like these, def. worth it for you to try at least once!

I've heard of some adding cocoa powder etc. to make them more dessert like.  You could certainly add cinnamon (drool..I love cinnamon, nutmeg etc.)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Scooped poop and got the buckets ready to take out to the outdoor skip - then forgot to take them when I went out for the morning.... 

Snuggled and cuddled with a Mouse that wanted to be a lovebug.  

Sat on my sofa posting on TCS and throwin biscuits to Mouse.  

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try to get laundry caught up. I have a ham bone I might put in the crock pot with dried lima beans. Mop the kitchen floor. We are trying to prepare for this 10 inches of snow they say is coming.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hung a bird house I bought this past weekend. Put it just outside the porch under the over hang, in hopes some birds will check it out, for angel to watch!

Going to get my teeth cleaned today.

Need to call & schedule angel's teeth cleaning appt.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Book work

Washing

Started a layby for a new buffet for my dining room ( very exciting!!) layby is where you make payments on an item if you can't pay for it all at once. It's not finance and there is no interest. You only bring home the item when it's fully paid for. You can do it in most shops.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Try to get laundry caught up. I have a ham bone I might put in the crock pot with dried lima beans. Mop the kitchen floor. We are trying to prepare for this 10 inches of snow they say is coming.
Ten inches?? 
 One of Rick's buddies lives in southern Louisiana. They were texting last night and he was even complaining about the cold and ice. It's just nasty all over the U.S. Rick told him that we feel his pain.
  • I want to get some nail art paint....thought I'd try nail-stamping. I'm not the most coordinated person around, especially when it comes to fingernails so we'll see how badly I mess them up.
  • Have to charge my Fitbit tonight
  • Laundry -- there's always laundry. I don't know how two people can have so much laundry.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Ten inches?? 
 One of Rick's buddies lives in southern Louisiana. They were texting last night and he was even complaining about the cold and ice. It's just nasty all over the U.S. Rick told him that we feel his pain.
  • I want to get some nail art paint....thought I'd try nail-stamping. I'm not the most coordinated person around, especially when it comes to fingernails so we'll see how badly I mess them up.
  • Laundry -- there's always laundry. I don't know how two people can have so much laundry.
UK just seems damp and windy, can't really moan about being dull....

Laundry: why does it go on and on and on?

Today - yet another load of laundry done, laying on sofa trying to get rid of a not too bad migraine that's been lurking since Sunday, and pampering Mouse as he is still in cuddle mode and even climbed up on my lap for all of about 5 seconds before going off and settling in his current little box.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone's complaining about the snow and cold but us, we just get the cold! We haven't got a 'real ' snow all winter. It's to the point  we have GOT to get moisture, I'll take all your snow! The 'ridge' of high pressure in the West is breaking up, so they said we might get something next week, here in SW Nebraska we need all we can get! I do think though it COULD be 50 degrees and rain, but that is too much to hope for. Today my three things lined up are; 1. get a new battery for the lamp remote (a weird one) 2.Check the feral's heated bed while he's out and about to make sure it's still working in this cold. 3.2 more loads of laundry (I agree, for two people it's ridiculous, I just did laundry Saturday!)

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ten inches?? :sigh:  One of Rick's buddies lives in southern Louisiana. They were texting last night and he was even complaining about the cold and ice. It's just nasty all over the U.S. Rick told him that we feel his pain.

Actually they don't know exactly what we will get. Right now it is very windy and cold with the prediction that the snow will start later today. I hope the 10 inches is wrong and we get less, not more. I believe the most I remember getting was in '89 when it was 18 inches in my yard then. That is extremely rare. In fact we see most winters with no snow. Last week we had a dusting on Wednesday and it went away fast.

My three things for today are, cook a pot of dried lima beans with ham bone, try to catch up some paper work, main thing is try to stay warm.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a job interview this morning (which went very well)

If my husband remembers to grab a can of chick peas, I am going to make toasted chick peas later on.

Hide out inside and stay warm. It's -16 feels like -26C right now. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad your interview went well, Mrs. B! Good luck!
  • I have to take Clarence (PT Cruiser) into the garage tonight for inspection on Friday. I drove him into work this morning. He acted like he didn't really want to start (it's really, really cold again this morning), but then he started. We're stopping at the natural foods store for cashews on the way home; Rick says he's really hungry for some cashews. And I want to run down to Target tonight.
  • Sorted two piles of laundry this morning to wash tonight
  • Clean out litter boxes for trash night

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so glad your interview went well, Mrs. B! Good luck!
Thank you.

Today:

-Had another job interview this morning. This one went well too and I should know by tomorrow. It's a job in my field, which is very hard to find in this small town.

-Get a few groceries. I'm hoping to make it to Costco this weekend, so I just want to pick up a few things until then. We are supposed to get another snow storm, so it might not happen.

-Try to figure out what to do with my hair. I really want a new hairstyle, but I have no idea what. I'm hoping to get a haircut on Saturday. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh, good luck Mrs. B!  Fingers and paws crossed.

Today I took the bins out, walked to work and back, and phoned my mum.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bought new blue nail polish
Washing,folding and ironing- just to go along with the laundry theme!!
Baking a banana nut loaf- it's in the oven right now!!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you.

Today:
-Had another job interview this morning. This one went well too and I should know by tomorrow. It's a job in my field, which is very hard to find in this small town.
-Get a few groceries. I'm hoping to make it to Costco this weekend, so I just want to pick up a few things until then. We are supposed to get another snow storm, so it might not happen.
-Try to figure out what to do with my hair. I really want a new hairstyle, but I have no idea what. I'm hoping to get a haircut on Saturday. 
Good luck with the job interview!! Have you looked in magazines for your new hairstyle? It's always good to take a pic along to the hairdresser.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is bowling early tonight, so while he's gone....

A quick vacuum about the house

Straighten up, not really cleaning, but a bit of removing clutter (stuff on the kitchen table, stuff on my desk, just stuff)

Rick needs some union report forms reformatted; right now they're in Word and it would be simpler for him if they were in Excel. That way I could set up the math for him in the cells. Hopefully, I'll get that done tonight. (Somewhere along the line, I've turned into his secretary.
 ) What I don't get done can wait for the weekend.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the job interview!! Have you looked in magazines for your new hairstyle? It's always good to take a pic along to the hairdresser.
No I haven't, but that's a good idea. 

-My mom is coming for a visit today and we are going to go to the mall

-Play our new Wii U

-That's it other than the usual (dishes, shower, make breakfast, lunch and dinner).

Status
Not open for further replies.