Name Change?

buddybellamom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
is it possible to have my user name changed? when I signed up for this site I had 2 kittens, Buddy and Bella; they lived to be each 2 years old and crossed over in 2015, a few months apart.

Now we have our beautiful Kit, so I am Kit's Mom. I would like to have the user name of LovesCats&Coffee if I may -- 2 things I love, love, love.

Thanks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We generally only change usernames if people use offensive titles or their real names as board names. You can send Anne a message and plead your case telling her why you want to change it, as it is ultimately up to her to do so or not-

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you can change your username (the name people see on the forum) up to two times???

You might still have to log in using your original username, but the name people see can be changed to LovesCats&Coffee

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never thought about that, but I guess it would make you really sad if your username is your cat's name and they pass away. A lot of us have our cats' names as our username. Could you possibly create a new account, or is that against the rules?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I never thought about that, but I guess it would make you really sad if your username is your cat's name and they pass away. A lot of us have our cats' names as our username. Could you possibly create a new account, or is that against the rules?
Second accounts are very definitely against the Forum Rules.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, thanks for the info. Probably best not to use our pet names for usernames then. Never thought about it before, but it could make us sad when they die to see their name every day when we sign in.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I regret my username choice, but over 50,000 posts alter, there's not much I can do about it.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always saw using your pet's name as a username as being joyfully part of their "legacy" if they do pass away. But I can understand the sadness too, of course.