Nail Trimming

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello all,
I was trimming my kitty's back paws nail and 2 of them I cut them too short (I see just a tiny red pinkish dot) it's not bleeding, she didn't meaw or anything, she's walking normally, not in pain at all but I REALLY REALLY feel bad. What should I do? Should I put anything on it? If yes, what can I put on it?
I don't think I cut the quick, I'm thinking if I did she would be in pain or maybe some blood would come out? I always trim her nails and this is the first time I cut them accidentally that short.
I feel awful :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello all,
I was trimming my kitty's back paws nail and 2 of them I cut them too short (I see just a tiny red pinkish dot) it's not bleeding, she didn't meaw or anything, she's walking normally, not in pain at all but I REALLY REALLY feel bad. What should I do? Should I put anything on it? If yes, what can I put on it?
I don't think I cut the quick, I'm thinking if I did she would be in pain or maybe some blood would come out? I always trim her nails and this is the first time I cut them accidentally that short.
I feel awful :(

Attachments

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It might be hard to see, but I was able to take a picture.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it isn't bleeding I think she is fine. If you ever do cut to where it is bleeding a little (it happens! don't freak out!) have some flour handy to smash on there. Or you can pick up QuikStop from the pet store.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it isn't bleeding I think she is fine. If you ever do cut to where it is bleeding a little (it happens! don't freak out!) have some flour handy to smash on there. Or you can pick up QuikStop from the pet store.
Thank you !
It's not bleeding, but I freaked out! she's okay.
Good to know about the flour and Quickstop.
Thank you again