My Sweet Miss Cassidy

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today, I had to say that final goodbye to my sweet Miss Cassidy, my 13.5 year old yellow Labrador.
Cass was a 16th birthday present from my parents and grandmother, after I begged them endlessly for a puppy of my own for nearly a year. I still remember my first glimpse of that pink-nosed, green-eyed bundle of champagne-colored fur, so tiny at 8 weeks old, with a whole life full of promise ahead of her.

Cass has dealt with a lot of health issues in the past year - diabetes, severe arthritis, blindness, deafness - but she has lived a long life, filled with good food, lots of attention and hugs and cuddles, and endless games of fetch. This has been one of the hardest days of my adult life - but I have to say, if this is the price I pay for 13+ years of loyalty, devotion, and unconditional love, it is worth the pain.

My crazy girl is across the Bridge now, surveying that dog park in the sky with clear eyes and sharp hearing, and an infinity of pain-free games of endless fetch ahead of her.
Be at peace, sweet baby - I will love you always.

RIP Miss Cassidy
December 22, 1996 - May 26, 2010

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Miss Cassidy!
Her story is a beautiful one, and I know how much it hurts to say good bye. She will be in good company at the Bridge.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful, long life this girl had! Yellow labs are a ton of fun. Her age is a testimony to the wonderful care she received her whole life.

You are right...her nose is to the ground and tail going right now, tracking something at the Bridge.

God Bless her and you.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m so sorry for your loss
Take comfort from knowing you gave her the best life she could have wished for

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Miss Cassidy will always have a very special place in your heart, and someday, the two of you will be reunited for eternity.