My sweet girl is pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
has this kitten who's been breathing very rapid, the one you think is the runt, been gaining weight each day -- 8-10 grams per day is what he should be gaining, if i remember correctly.

i think you can't go wrong giving your vet a call about your concern.
Yes it has been gaining weight I just worry till I drive myself crazy! I am calling the vet when they open in the morning!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it has been gaining weight I just worry till I drive myself crazy! I am calling the vet when they open in the morning!
kittens are very delicate anyway and can "go downhill" extremely quickly if they become ill, so i think "erring on the side of caution" (by calling your vet) is the best thing to do.

Last edited:

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
any news or updates about the kitten who was having rapid breathing?
I called the vet this morning and she said its normal for kittens to do that but if I was concerned I could bring it in im waiting till Monday and see how he does

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Woke up this morning and found the runt had passed away :( poor little thing I don't know why it was eating fine and gaining weight I just guess it wasn't meant to be! I hope Ash doesn't have problems with this one not being here!

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thats good really that she doesn't seem bothered too much, she's probably distracted by the others. How are the others doing?
The others are doing excellent getting bigger everyday. The runt was small but gaining weight just did t have enough fight in it I guess! I'm glad Ash isn't upset she was this morning when I took it out of the box she sniffed it and licked it and was worried when I did t out it back in!

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The others are doing excellent getting bigger everyday. The runt was small but gaining weight just did t have enough fight in it I guess! I'm glad Ash isn't upset she was this morning when I took it out of the box she sniffed it and licked it and was worried when I did t out it back in!
Aww bless her! I'm glad she's alright. I bet they are :-)

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I can safely say tit are both doing fine. Had to have Tigger at vets again on Thursday, she couldn't move and she wasn't eating/drinking. She wasn't even bothered when I took Felix out of the bed. She's on anti biotics now So hopefully that will be it. I really can't afford to so much as look at another vet lol

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up this morning and found the runt had passed away
poor little thing I don't know why it was eating fine and gaining weight I just guess it wasn't meant to be! I hope Ash doesn't have problems with this one not being here!
poor little one!

i prefer to think that someone "up there" brought the little one to the rainbow bridge at a very young age because s/he was extra special.