My Sweet Cassidy: April 10, 2008 - Nov. 6, 2011

tntrouble456

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about Cassidy. She was gorgeous...You said it yourself when you said you don't know what you could have done differently. Hindsight is always 20/20 but you had to make the RIGHT decision with what little you knew. You took her to safety, to medical help, to a more knowledgeable hand and you did so much to get her every option available to her. She is a loved kitty from day to night and her loss has left you with a huge hole in your heart. Yeah...I'd say you did everything right. We don't have a hand in fate and she KNEW she was loved. That's more than the majority of the kitties in this world ever know. I am sorry KittKatt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everybody,

I apologize for not responding sooner: I needed some time away, as I'm sure y'all understand. I've been having a really difficult time over losing Cassidy: in some ways, more than when I lost Maverick. That's not to say that I didn't grieve horribly over losing Maverick: he was my "soul-mate" kitty and the love of my life, and it just about killed me to lose him. But I also knew that his time was coming, and I had time to prepare myself, and at least his passing made sense. Not knowing  what killed Cassidy is just tearing me apart. It just doesn't make any sense. If she would have been old or sick, it would have at least made sense and I could find some closure. And she didn't deserve to die: she was the most precious, sweetest, loving cat I've ever had. She didn't have a mean bone in her body: all she wanted was to love and be loved. Why would God take her sweet life so suddenly and without cause?

I was thinking that maybe Cassidy's birth defects played a part in her passing, but the vet said no: all her body organs were intact, and she was in perfect health -- which makes this whole thing even more difficult to accept. Thinking about it brings me great sadness.

I really appreciate all your kinds words, and being there for me thru this difficult time. It really means a lot to me.
Only fellow cat lovers can really understand....

I've been thinking about adopting another kitty - or possibly two - to honor Cassidy's memory, which is something I normally do when I lose one of my furbabies. God only knows there are enough strays that I tend to that would probably appreciate a good & loving home.
  There are some that would probably make good "house" kitties, and would probably adjust nicely to life indoors. There are two in particular that I've grown really attached to that have stolen my heart, and there's one that Randall has fallen in love with. I don't know if this makes any sense, but it helps to heal my heart when I lose one of my furbabies by adopting another one and giving it a good home. Knowing that there is one less homeless, unloved kitty in the world helps to heal the heart & soul. But I don't know: I don't know if I can take anymore heartache, and I don't know if we can really afford it, either. A part of me thinks, why not? It's not as if we're not already feeding them and taking care of them, anyway. But another part of me thinks that we really shouldn't have anymore cats in the house, due to lack of proper size: we've already been having territorial issues with the furkids we have now. Would bringing any more in makes it worse? I don't know what to do...

I apologize for rambling.
These are some of the thoughts that have been going thru my head, and I guess I just needed to get them out.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Makes perfect sense to me that you would be grieving so terribly over Cassidy's sudden death and not having any answers as too why. But I am sure there was something, obviously, and at least she didn't have to suffer with some long term terminal illness. Just trying to make you feel better :hugs:. And of course you will need time to accept what has happened, it was such a shock. Just give yourself some time and make sure you are ready to bring in one or two of the outside kitties. And if you do, you can put them in Randall's bathroom before introductions :flail:. Good luck with your decision and hope you feel better very soon :hugs:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Makes perfect sense to me that you would be grieving so terribly over Cassidy's sudden death and not having any answers as too why. But I am sure there was something, obviously, and at least she didn't have to suffer with some long term terminal illness. Just trying to make you feel better :hugs:. And of course you will need time to accept what has happened, it was such a shock. Just give yourself some time and make sure you are ready to bring in one or two of the outside kitties. And if you do, you can put them in Randall's bathroom before introductions :flail:. Good luck with your decision and hope you feel better very soon :hugs: