My Sweet Cassidy: April 10, 2008 - Nov. 6, 2011

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been logging on to TCS very much lately, but wanted to stop in to post a memorial for Cassidy. I lost her suddenly & unexpectedly Sunday morning. I really can't talk about what happened right now: the pain is still fresh and I'm still hurting over losing her. I will explain more when I get more details from the vet who's performing an autopsy, and when I'm feeling up to it.

Rest peacefully, my sweet baby. Your precious life was short, but you had a lifetime's worth of love. I hope you're happy at the bridge with Maverick at your side.

Last edited:

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the worse kind of pain and I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I lost my Bella very very suddenly and the shock and pain are overwhelming.  You are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember we are all here for you always.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Keeping you in my thoughts. Cassidy's life was too short, but she will always be in your heart.

Play happily at the Bridge, sweet Cassidy. :rbheart:

:vibes:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A sudden loss of our precious babies is just the worst kind of pain to endure and such a shock :(. Tiff, I really am thinking of you during your time of grief and sending you loads of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:. My deepest sympathies for your huge loss. :sniffle:

:rbheart: Sweet Cassidy :rbheart: You are free and at peace on the bridge. You will be missed little angel :rbheart::angel:

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry, Tiff. It's especially difficult to lose one of our babies when we've had no time to mentally prepare for it. RIP, Cassidy,

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Rest in peace beloved Cassidy. :angel: :rbheart:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the worse kind of pain and I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I lost my Bella very very suddenly and the shock and pain are overwhelming.  You are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember we are all here for you always.

I'm very sorry, Tiff. It's especially difficult to lose one of our babies when we've had no time to mentally prepare for it. RIP, Cassidy,
You both are so right. I've lost my precious babies both ways, and I'd rather know that it was coming than to suddenly lose them like this. At least if you know it's coming, you have time to prepare yourself. It's never easy either way, but I think preparing yourself gives you time to get yourself ready for the inevitable - if that makes any sense.

I'm still waiting for the vet to call with Cassidy's autopsy results. I really don't understand what happened, and it's tearing me apart.
She was perfectly fine: eating, playing - her usual sweet, loving self. I noticed on Saturday that she kept hopping in & out of the litter box without being productive, then after hopping out she would squat on the floor like she was trying to go, after which she would let out a screech like she was in pain. So I knew something was wrong, and immediately started calling e-vets. I finally got ahold of one about 6 that night, and took her in. The vet said that she was plugged up really bad with feces and gave her an enema. She also said that she felt a mass or something when she was examining Cassidy. I don't know if that has anything to do with her passing or not. I had to keep her at the vet's overnight, and the vet called Sunday morning to tell me she passed during the night. It's killing me just having to write about it. I keep thinking of her being there all alone and scared and probably in pain, and not being there with her when she passed. I feel just horrible that she wasn't with me when she crossed the bridge. I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for leaving her there all alone to die on her own.
She was only 3 & 1/2 years old, and I don't understand why her life had to end so soon & suddenly. The only consolation I'm getting right now is knowing that she won't have to live in fear anymore from Geronimo's constant bullying of her...

I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you, my sweet Cassidy. I hope you can forgive me, and I hope you're happy now playing at the Bridge with Maverick.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, Deb; and you know we have known this pain so many, many times, but it is never any easier to bear, and no words of consolation can lessen the pain or the grieving, only let you know that we share both.  May you be able in time to be consoled with the knowledge that your baby girl  is free of pain, whole again, and certainly in a place of perfect Love and Protection, where you will all be reunited in due time, never to part again. For  now, know that she is free, and that she is with you always, watching over you and loving you and her whole family.  Our love and empathy go out to you all.  

mandy86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You both are so right. I've lost my precious babies both ways, and I'd rather know that it was coming than to suddenly lose them like this. At least if you know it's coming, you have time to prepare yourself. It's never easy either way, but I think preparing yourself gives you time to get yourself ready for the inevitable - if that makes any sense.

I'm still waiting for the vet to call with Cassidy's autopsy results. I really don't understand what happened, and it's tearing me apart.
She was perfectly fine: eating, playing - her usual sweet, loving self. I noticed on Saturday that she kept hopping in & out of the litter box without being productive, then after hopping out she would squat on the floor like she was trying to go, after which she would let out a screech like she was in pain. So I knew something was wrong, and immediately started calling e-vets. I finally got ahold of one about 6 that night, and took her in. The vet said that she was plugged up really bad with feces and gave her an enema. She also said that she felt a mass or something when she was examining Cassidy. I don't know if that has anything to do with her passing or not. I had to keep her at the vet's overnight, and the vet called Sunday morning to tell me she passed during the night. It's killing me just having to write about it. I keep thinking of her being there all alone and scared and probably in pain, and not being there with her when she passed. I feel just horrible that she wasn't with me when she crossed the bridge. I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for leaving her there all alone to die on her own.
She was only 3 & 1/2 years old, and I don't understand why her life had to end so soon & suddenly. The only consolation I'm getting right now is knowing that she won't have to live in fear anymore from Geronimo's constant bullying of her...

I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you, my sweet Cassidy. I hope you can forgive me, and I hope you're happy now playing at the Bridge with Maverick.

I'm new and don't know you, but i'm in the exact same situation so i wanted to say i'm sorry and feel your pain :( my Dingle died just one day before yours, Nov 5th just after midnight. He was also only 3 years old, born March 28th. He had just had bladder stones that werent clearing up with the food, so I gave him the surgery like the vet said. The surgery went OK but after he wouldnt eat. We tried syringe feeding and everything, but he just wasn't getting better after the surgery, and a week later he was just relaxing and sleeping, then tried to jump up and couldnt. We rushed to the vet ER but it was too late. They couldnt tell me what happened either, and after going in debt for the surgery in the first place we decided not to do the autopsy, so we'll never know why he was taken so young. Its so much harder when they're young! :( and it's just learning to live without them now. I'm sorry for your loss and im sure your kitty knows you loved her very much!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm new and don't know you, but i'm in the exact same situation so i wanted to say i'm sorry and feel your pain :( my Dingle died just one day before yours, Nov 5th just after midnight. He was also only 3 years old, born March 28th. He had just had bladder stones that werent clearing up with the food, so I gave him the surgery like the vet said. The surgery went OK but after he wouldnt eat. We tried syringe feeding and everything, but he just wasn't getting better after the surgery, and a week later he was just relaxing and sleeping, then tried to jump up and couldnt. We rushed to the vet ER but it was too late. They couldnt tell me what happened either, and after going in debt for the surgery in the first place we decided not to do the autopsy, so we'll never know why he was taken so young. Its so much harder when they're young! :( and it's just learning to live without them now. I'm sorry for your loss and im sure your kitty knows you loved her very much!!

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss too, Mandy. Not knowing the cause is just so hard: there's no explanation and no closure.

The vet called this afternoon with the autopsy results, and they couldn't find anything - absolutely nothing at all wrong with Cassidy. I'm just heartsick all over again.
I think if they could have found something I could accept it a little easier: there's no closure this way. I'll always wonder what went wrong, and what caused her to pass so quickly & suddenly. If she would have been older, it would be easier to live with, But she was only 3 & 1/2 years old. I'm just heartsick.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH Tiff! I am just so heartsick for you over this whole thing. I was really hoping for you to get an answer :sobbing:. There had to be something and they just do not know what :dk:. I am sending you all of the prayers i can right now :hugs:. Just know you are not alone and that people care :heart3:. Cassidy :rbheart:: wouldn't want you to beat yourself up over this. You did everything right by her. There was no way to have predicted thus tragic outcome and Cassidy did need to stay at the vet that night. I am sure the vet's took good care of her and she was not in pain. I know this doesn't help much right now, the grief is just too overwhelming and you can't think straight. vibes and prayers to you tonight. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH Tiff! I am just so heartsick for you over this whole thing. I was really hoping for you to get an answer :sobbing:. There had to be something and they just do not know what :dk:. I am sending you all of the prayers i can right now :hugs:. Just know you are not alone and that people care :heart3:. Cassidy :rbheart:: wouldn't want you to beat yourself up over this. You did everything right by her. There was no way to have predicted thus tragic outcome and Cassidy did need to stay at the vet that night. I am sure the vet's took good care of her and she was not in pain. I know this doesn't help much right now, the grief is just too overwhelming and you can't think straight. vibes and prayers to you tonight. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
:yeah: Oh Tiff, how my heart aches for you! I know you're beating yourself up right now, but PLEASE know in your heart that Cassidy wouldn't want that. :heart3: As Lauren says, there was just no way to know the outcome, and you did what was right for her. :heart3: I know that doesn't help much right now, sweetie, but your angel KNOWS how much she was loved!

:heart3: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :heart3:

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: you'll be able to find peace even without the answers. Obviously she was needed for a reason we just don't know now. :nod: :rbheart:

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm sure Lynxx was right there waiting for Cassidy when she crossed the bridge.

Cassidy

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know y'all are right and what I did was out of love for Cassidy.
If I had thought for even one second that this was gonna happen - well, I guess I maybe would have done it differently - although I don't know what else I could have done. It just breaks my heart knowing that there was nothing wrong with her, but she died anyway. It just doesn't make any sense....

This morning when I woke up I got an image of her in my mind, looking at me with those gorgeous, loving, trusting eyes of hers when she was at the vet - wanting me to take her home, and me telling her that it would be all right and I would pick her up in the morning. I didn't even get to say good-bye to her, or hold her one last time. She died all alone, probably wondering why I left her there like that. It doesn't help any knowing that she was finally getting up the courage to come out more from hiding due to Geronimo's bullying of her, and starting to live a more "normal" life out amongst the rest of the family. I could tell that she was becoming happier, because she was getting fed up with Geronimo and starting to feel more free to roam the house to play and be with us all. Why would God take her now, just when she was starting to find her way again?

It's killing me having to write all this, but I guess I need to get it out.
I appreciate y'all listening, and I appreciate y'all being there for me through this difficult time.
I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have y'all to share in my sorrow & grief. I know how much y'all understand. Thanks so much for being there.

Here's a link to a pic of my sweet Cassidy. Since I'm having problems uploading photos the normal way since TCS changed its format, I though I'd try posting her pic this way.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc57/Sapphire_914/Cassidy/cassidy6-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a little charmer.  There are no words to heal the hurt, so I won't try to use platitudes; you know, though, that I feel your pain and that we have both been in this place so many times in our lives.  Know that she is safe, healed and free of any pain, and that you WILL be reunited in due time, never to part again.  She knows you did everything possible to help her, and she loves you.  She is always with you now -- be still, and you may receive proof of this that you will be able to know.  We'll talk soon, I hope.  Be well, and let your loved ones, Cassidy's family and everyone else, be of comfort to you, as you can also be to them.  

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH :rbheart: Cassidy :love: What a gorgeous, sleek black beauty you were. Now you are shining up on the bridge as an :angel: and your meowmy misses you very much :sniffle:

Tiff, :hugs:, I really am glad you are posting and talking this out about your feelings here on TCS. That IS what this place is about, caring and loving each other through these very difficult periods in our lives. We are all going (or have gone) through this kind of pain and we have to help each other through it :hugs:. Honestly, I really think you HAD to bring Cassidy to the vet, even if you could have a :redx:, there is no way you would have kept Cassidy home seeing her in pain like that. Cassidy :rbheart: was in the right place and where she needed to be to get medical attention. You could not have given her that at home. :shame: I guess I am just trying to make you feel better and look at this realistically, but I do know that grief and guilt you are feeling....... We ALL do that to ourselves, it is human nature, I guess. But the animal's don't do that, they just live in the moment and accept things as they come, so easily it seems......(:hmm: Hard as it is, I try to learn from them :kitty2:, it does help) Cassidy :rbheart: loves you still and is STILL with you, in your heart :heart3: She is very, very happy and at peace now, watching over you from above :angel: I am sure of it :hugs::hugs::hugs:

p.s. God only knows, when it is Wilbur's time, I won't be able to soothe myself by telling myself :yeah:..... When it is YOUR baby, it just rips your heart out and your heart gets :stomp: on over and over with grief and pain. I dread that day............. SO please keep writing about your feeling's and we will keep lifting you back up. God knows, I will need that (hopefully, not to soon :bawling:)

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How terribly sad to lose a kitty at such a young age      My thoughts are with you and you know that all of us can understand and relate to your feelings.